Previous topic - Next topic

CC

anyone know this buffalo?

i'm really lovin it.
he would've been huge in 1973.

you can listen to his only release here:
http://www.purevolume.com/thewhitebuffalo

dragonboy

Playing Where Dirt & Water...I swear I thought I was listening to Richie Havens! Reminds me of someone else too, can't pin point who yet.
I really really like this, where can I order the EP?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Just ordered the EP from amazon, my wife is gonna kill me, haha!

Seriously though, this is really f**king good!
Cheers CC!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

CC

I knew you would dig this! :)

it really reminds me of someone too. not sure but it's like all of those 70s giants like Jackson C Frank, Gordon Lightfoot, Richie Havens, Cat stevens, Mickey Newbury, all rolled into one big buffalo.

Love Song #1 blows me away, instant classic.

red

This is astounding.  Payday cannot come soon enough, I need this EP now.

MarkW

My order's in.  There's a nascent board on the go at:

http://www.thewhitebuffalo.com/
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

MarkW

And he's covered the Waterboys' "Fishermans Blues"? Bring it on...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dragonboy

Quoteit really reminds me of someone too. not sure but it's like all of those 70s giants like Jackson C Frank, Gordon Lightfoot, Richie Havens, Cat stevens, Mickey Newbury, all rolled into one big buffalo.
I love all the artists you mentioned there! haha
I remember you saying that you like Mickey Newbury, that's so cool.

Can't wait for my Buffalo EP, thanks again  :)

dragonboy

QuoteMy order's in.  There's a nascent board on the go at:

http://www.thewhitebuffalo.com/
Thanks to another thread on the forum I just ordered his debut CD Hogtied Like A Rodeo from BuffaloRecords in Japan  :)

red

I am so thankful that this thread was started.  I haven't been in love with an artist this fast in a really long time.  Can someone point me in the direction of the Hogtied album?  

dragonboy

Hey Red, some info on the White Buffalo forum. Would seem it's pretty hard to get hold of.
I got mine from a Japanese site, here's the link:
http://boards.thewhitebuffalo.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=397

The site I ordered from is all in Japanese www.buffalo-records.com but apparently if you email this guy he can help you out: doug@buffalo-records.com

Hope this helps  :)

red

Wonderful!  I just sent an email off.  

I'm officially obsessed, and his music has only been a part of my life for less than 12 hours.

CC

QuoteWonderful!  I just sent an email off.  

I'm officially obsessed, and his music has only been a part of my life for less than 12 hours.

same here. so good, its crazy.

dragonboy

QuoteWonderful!  I just sent an email off.
Did you get a reply Red?
I just got an email saying my copy shipped today, can't wait to hear it!

red

Did you get a reply Red?
I just got an email saying my copy shipped today, can't wait to hear it!
Yep, I'm sending out a money order tomorrow.   :D

dragonboy

Got Hogtied...in the post today.
Have only played it once but it didn't have quite the impact his EP did on me.
Obviously early days yet...

MarkW

The EP's on the way from the USA.  I've ordered two copies, so I can pass the Buffalo on to a Jacket-loving friend.

thebeard

how do i not know about the white buffalo?

thebeard

amazing lyrics, melody, vocal. what else could you ask for?

suebeeboo

I just had to jump on this band wagon too!  I ordered the cd!  He's totally freakin HOT too!!!   :o :o :o : :-* :-* :-*
other times I can barely see