Some Damn Fine Banjo Music Right Here!!!

Started by dragonboy, Jan 14, 2007, 12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Just found this guy William Elliot Whitmore this morning, check him out & let me know what you think.

2 tracks here: http://www.canyouseethesunset.com/
(except only one is playing right now!) Dry made me think of The White Buffalo a little...

1 track on his myspace site: http://www.myspace.com/williamwhitmore

I like!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

Yes!  He's cool - I know he opened for Murder By Death, that's how I discovered him.

dragonboy

Murder By Death? Haha, reminds me of Motorhead's classic Killed By Death!
I'll have to check Murder By Death out now!  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

You're very welcome Sir  :)

I love/hate days like this. I love finding new music this good but hate what it does to my bank balance!

Love/hate, weren't they a shit rock/metal band from the 90's?

dragonboy

Yes they were but that's not what this thread is all about.
Seriously dragonboy, please keep things on track  ::)

dragonboy

QuoteSeriously dragonboy, please keep things on track  ::)
F**k You!

Tree

lol

Yeah I liked the song on the myspace-site! He has a cool voice!

red

I was looking on his wikipedia -he's got a lot of albums.

dragonboy

I searched for him on Wikipedia but couldn't find anything, do you have a link Red?
Allmusic lists 3 albums.
I want to buy one of his CDs but will have to wait until next month (one of my resolutions was to budget more carefully & spend less on CDs & DVDs)

Chills

That myspace song is pretty nice. Sounds like something from the thirties.

fitzcarraldo

Nice. My brother in law is gonna dig.

Thanks Andrew! Hi 5

CC

that is damn fine.

he's touring with mark lanegan. hot shit.

dragonboy

QuoteHi 5
I like you! You like me?

Touring with Mark L? That's a show I'd love to see.

sweatboard

The picture at the top of this page is my new desktop background.  It's grainy but awesome.

"whisper the truth into you childrens ears"

"I got that dirt runing throught my viens, that black Iowa dirt turn my blood to mud everytime it rains"

I love this guy, thanks dragonmeister.

There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

Yeah I love that photo too - very cool!
I thought it was Johhny Knoxville when I first saw the pic  ;D

red

he's got a new one out feb. 17th.  "old devils" sounds pretty damn great to my ears -http://anti.com/artists/view/57/William_Elliott_Whitmore

"there's hope for you" is even better, oh man - http://www.spinner.com/2009/01/22/william-elliott-whitmore-theres-hope-for-you-free-mp3-of/

Hawkeye

I'm definitely a fan.  I've seen him at the local bar quite a few times. He certainly has a following here in Iowa.  I do need to check out some of his other albums, I only have Hymns for the Hopeless, which is excellent imo.  Very nice guy too.  My buddy turned me on to him.  The first time he saw him he played out in front of one of the local record stores.  they didn't even have a chair for him, but somehow there was an old toilet laying around, so he sat on that!  ;D  I had no idea he toured with Lanegan, would have loved to see one of those shows!  From what I've seen of him he only plays solo shows?  I'd like to see what he could do with a full band!
We could.