The 'How To Buy' Thread

Started by dragonboy, Jul 18, 2007, 02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

You bet it is!  :D

Their newer one, Tanglewood Numbers, is also very good.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Tree

Alright. I think I'm going to order AW. I like the American Water song on their site.

mjkoehler

You're welcome Face. I hope you enjoy Otis. Everyone should.

Chills

Stevie Wonder's earlier work.

I'm talking songs like For Once In My Life, Never Had A Dream Come True, Uptight etc. This will probably require a compilation? Anything to recommend?

dragonboy

QuoteStevie Wonder's earlier work.

I'm talking songs like For Once In My Life, Never Had A Dream Come True, Uptight etc. This will probably require a compilation? Anything to recommend?
IfYouGoForAComplationThenMakeSureItHasHisCoverOfWeCanWorkItOut!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB24z00ajU4
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

bowl of soup

QuoteI posted this elsewhere, but to be official:  Explosions in the Sky?

I absolutely love, love, love Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever

I simply refuse to stop listening to The Earth is not a Cold, Dead Place - it's turned into the soundtrack of my thoughts.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Chills

What a voice, LOVE IT  8-)

.Walt

i know jimi hendrix said... that nobody would ever hear the surf guitar again, but i'm enjoying it.

anyone have some good ones i should check out?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ManNamedTruth

Quotei know jimi hendrix said... that nobody would ever hear the surf guitar again, but i'm enjoying it.

anyone have some good ones i should check out?

what's the deal with his dislike for surf music anyway? i've heard that before, plus something in a song he knocks surf music.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Chills

I just bought "Stevie Wonder: At The Close Of A Century"

LP-sized 4-disc box, with a hundred pages of exquisite pictures and essays.

50% off at a local record shop sale. What a find  :)

Yes it has We Can Work It Out, and it does not have Ebony and Ivory!

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

QuoteMoney well spent Sir!

Yes, I'm really happy with it  8-)

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

Jenny

QuoteOs Mutantes?
self titled

red

dragonboy

QuoteFairport Convention?
I love Liege & Lief and Unhalfbricking. Maybe Liege to start with? But like I said, I love them both  :)

red

I've fallen for Stereolab's Chemical Chords, how about their older material?

mjkoehler

Superchunk
Buckethead

Sadly have neither in my collection. I know there are many Buckethead fans here. I think there are a few Superchunk fans (Soup?)

dragonboy

QuoteSuperchunk
Buckethead

Sadly have neither in my collection. I know there are many Buckethead fans here. I think there are a few Superchunk fans (Soup?)

No Pocky For Kitty is excellent...where the hell is my copy?!!

Evening Rebel

QuoteI've fallen for Stereolab's Chemical Chords, how about their older material?

K, Transient Random Noise Bursts is a decent start, then maybe Cobra and Phases, or Emperor Tomato Ketchup. Haven't heard their latest though...