Patterson Hood - Murdering Oscar

Started by dragonboy, May 26, 2009, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Patterson's 2nd solo album Murdering Oscar & Other Love Songs is out June 23rd:

http://www.myspace.com/pattersonhood
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

Thanks for the heads-up db.   [smiley=beer.gif]  

I really liked Killers and Stars and am enjoying these two tracks (especially "Polyanna").  Love the cover, too.  

Penny Lane

wait, is this his album w/the screwtopians? i'm going to see him on june 24th :-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold99

so happy they are putting Petty's "Rebels" on the outtakes.

MESSAGE FROM PATTERSON HOOD
Y'ALL:
Back home for a few days.
Been a crazy few weeks in which Australia, Coachella, New Orleans, Madison Square Garden and Princeton have been explored and hopefully somewhat conquered. Now, as they say, Back To Work!

MURDERING OSCAR (and other love songs) will be released in a month. PRE-ORDER your copy now at http://pattersonhood.com/merch.html. We have some great pre-order packages available including the deluxe package which includes a Wes Freed limited edition, signed and numbered FAP giclée with Murdering Oscar front and back cover artwork.

The very first reviews are starting to come in and looking good.
Due to the logistics of touring with a band comprised of members of various other bands (plus David Barbe's studio schedule) there will only be a limited number of shows initially, but we are hitting Chicago and both coasts this summer and hope to do some more dates later in the year.

The Murdering Oscar Tour will feature the core band that plays on the majority of the album.
THE SCREWTOPIANS:
David Barbe will be embarking with us for what will be his first major tour since the waning days of Sugar (in 1995).
Will Johnson and Scott Danbom from the band Centro-matic will be playing with me as well (although they will be missing the Bonnaroo set due to travel limitations).
Rounding out the band will be John Neff and Brad Morgan.
The show will be a rocking affair featuring much of the new album and a selection of tracks from Killers and Stars, fleshed out with a full band for the first time. We might work up a great cover or two.
Some of the venues are smaller than where DBT plays, so don't forget to get advance tickets because there will be some sellouts.

In other news:

We are very happy with the response that BOOKER T. and the DBT's have gotten. The reviews of the album have been stellar and the show gets better every time we play it. Due to our crazy schedule, there will only be a few more of the shows so if you haven't caught one yet, time is running out.

DBT has a couple of new releases in the immediate pipeline:

First off, our Austin City Limits show from last fall will be released on July 7 on DVD. The DVD will include the entire performance (only about a third of it was aired when it came on TV).
This is by far the best live performance of ours ever caught on film.
We were on, the sound was excellent, and the production value top-notch. We loved playing on that stage and the crowd was fantastic.
It also features one of the last ever performances of "18 Wheels Of Love", featuring the full monologue and the sequel monologue.

Second in upcoming DBT News, on September 1st, New West will be releasing THE FINE PRINT (A Collection of Oddities and Rarities 2003-2008). We finished mixing it yesterday and are mastering it Thursday. It features 12 songs and maybe the most fun album we've ever made. Songs include "George Jones Talkin' Cell Phone Blues", "Rebels", "Play It All Night Long", "TVA" and the original never released version of "Goode's Field Road".

Finally, we will be in studio this month hard at work on the next new DBT album which should be out by early 2010.

Check out my new website at www.pattersonhood.com and always keep a close eye out for what's happening around www.drivebytruckers.com and of course keep supporting live Rock and Roll.

See You Soon.
Patterson Hood
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ALady

Wait, what?  Are they retiring 18 Wheels of Love?

QuoteIt also features one of the last ever performances of "18 Wheels Of Love", featuring the full monologue and the sequel monologue.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

QuoteWait, what?  Are they retiring 18 Wheels of Love?

QuoteIt also features one of the last ever performances of "18 Wheels Of Love", featuring the full monologue and the sequel monologue.

:'( :'( Love that song.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

Me too...seriously, that would be a shame.  
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold99

QuoteWait, what?  Are they retiring 18 Wheels of Love?

Yeah I thought that was weird too..maybe he just doesn't want to do the sequel monologue anymore, I saw him do that a few times on their last tour and it was great.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

dragonboy

Quoteso happy they are putting Petty's "Rebels" on the outtakes.
Yeah that's great news. I wish they'd hurry up & release more seasons of KOH on DVD.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.