Main Menu

One......

Started by Paulie_Walnuts, May 28, 2009, 05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

i'll stick to the criteria. If you don't have it, get Love's Forever Changes. A great album from a great year: 1967. It was overlooked at the time, but is now considered a masterpiece. They were also Jim Morrison's favorite band.

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

The DARK

The hipsters are all over this one, but it's one of the great psychedelic-era albums none the less, and by far my favorite foreign language album:

And one of the best proto-hard rock albums out there:

In another time, in another place, in another face

weeniebeenie

The Byrds- Untitled- Clarence White, VERY underrated guitarist.

I was going to go to the record store on Tuesday to buy some Byrds.
Mainly cause of what I've heard about Clarence White. Now I know what to buy. :)
How loud can silence get?

Taxman

Mainly cause of what I've heard about Clarence White. Now I know what to buy. :)

Try "Live at the royal albert hall 1970" as well!  8-)
I'm not trying to be mysterious about it, it's just that what I do is tough to explain.
-Macgyver

weeniebeenie

Try "Live at the royal albert hall 1970" as well!  8-)
Thanks.
How loud can silence get?

Paulie_Walnuts

Quotelanghorne slim - 'when the sun's gone down'

an amazing album from start to end. i guarantee you will enjoy it paulie...WALNUTS. it's also amazing you have kept your name as that. well done.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I do have quite a lot of them already, and of those I hadn't I went online and listened to a few snippets to see which ones I liked.

Anyway, although this isn't strictly what was recommended I have purchased Langhorne Slim cd of the same name from last year. This was mainly because the one you recommended isn't in stock over here in the UK Amazon and I would have had to wait weeks for the one you recommended. Anyway, I love this album and I will definityely be investigating his back catalogue.

I also have Chris Bell's I Am The Cosmos on order.

By the way, why is it great I have stuck with my name on these boards?
Paulie W

Leontheslut

Crash test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet

:RAWK:
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.