Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 21, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

so where are there webcasts going on for the Roo that I can check out???
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

NoVa_NoLa

AT&T Blue Room is carrying some stuff:  (http://music.att.net/)

Lineup Friday, June 12th:

Artists and Lineup Subject to Change.
12:45 PM       Gomez
2:00 PM       People Under The Stairs
2:45 PM       Animal Collective
4:00 PM       The Low Anthem
5:00 PM       Passion Pit
6:00 PM       St. Vincent
6:30 PM       Ani Difranco
8:00 PM       King Sunny Ade
9:15 PM       Galactic

Lineup Saturday, June 13th:

12:15 PM      Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
1:30 PM      Heartless Bastards
2:30 PM      Lucinda Williams
3:30 PM      Rodrigo y Gabriela
5:00 PM      Gov't Mule
6:30 PM      The Del McCoury Band
7:00 PM      The Decemberists
8:30 PM      To Be Announced
11:00 PM      Paul Oakenfold

Lineup Sunday, June 14th:

12:30PM      Cage the Elephant
1:15 PM      Raphael Saadiq
2:15 PM      Citizen Cope
3:30 PM      Booker T and the Drive-By Truckers
4:15 PM      Andrew Bird
5:45 PM      of Montreal
6:30 PM      Coheed & Cambria
8:00 PM      Snoop Dogg
9:30 PM      Ben Harper and Relentless7
11:30 PM      To Be Announced

capt. scotty

Yeah, I was wondering if there were any "bootleg" streams or something so I can catch the Phish shows and maybe other late night stuff too.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

NoVa_NoLa

;D

Kinda wondered why/how you didn't know about the Blue Room.  ;)  I haven't heard of any other feeds yet.  Will post if I come across anything.

capt. scotty

I might try justin.tv or ustream later. Other than that, I dont have any ideas

capt. scotty

Just watched like 45 minutes of Gomez's set. I used to really like them and still throw on Liquid Skin or Bring It On every once in awhile, but man, does their new stuff suck.

I never got either of their last 2 albums but every song that I didnt know except 1 was pretty bad. They lost their quirkiness and edge.

capt. scotty

Time to turn off the blue room...animal collective on now [/vomitsmiley]

BH

I know what i'm doing from 3:30 to 5:45 on Sunday!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ellis D.

My friend called right after the Toubab Krewe show and said they whooped some major ass down there!

kymomandstuff

WFPK posted on facebook that Patrick's at 'Roo representing the Ville. :)
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Love Dogg

QuoteWFPK posted on facebook that Patrick's at 'Roo representing the Ville. :)

Sweet!  Is he playing with anybody?
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

BH

QuoteI know what i'm doing from 3:30 to 5:45 on Sunday!

Totally forgot.   :-[  I hope they archive that stuff.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

i watched the Andrew Bird performance, too....good stuff! i've never seen one of his shows....

I tried to watch 'of montreal', too, if only to see all the hipsters melting in the heat..i had to turn it off, i'm just not into them
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

From Relix......

Patrick Hallahan, the drummer for festival veterans My Morning Jacket who've held down the late night slot for years, attended this year as a fan with his wife. "I guess I'm taking this year instead of giving," he mused. Turning more earnest, he felt that "It's a very harmonious festival. Not to say that other festivals aren't but there's just a really special thing at Bonnaroo." He paused, looking for articulation. "This festival isn't any different than the festival I attended in 2003. The faces change but the spirit remains."

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteFrom Relix......

Patrick Hallahan, the drummer for festival veterans My Morning Jacket who've held down the late night slot for years, attended this year as a fan with his wife. "I guess I'm taking this year instead of giving," he mused. Turning more earnest, he felt that "It's a very harmonious festival. Not to say that other festivals aren't but there's just a really special thing at Bonnaroo." He paused, looking for articulation. "This festival isn't any different than the festival I attended in 2003. The faces change but the spirit remains."

He was there, but didn't play with anyone. JIm also didn't come out with ben Sollee, although he was exellent.  :)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Love Dogg

QuoteFrom Relix......

He was there, but didn't play with anyone. JIm also didn't come out with ben Sollee, although he was exellent.  :)

He is, isn't he!  :)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

LEATHER KID

Here's a quick recap of my weekend: Grace Potter was worth the trip alone, She debuted a bunch of new music and  I was completely sold.  David Byrne was a close second.  Santigold had a new backing band and put on a great show.  Booker T and the DBT's was awesome.  MGMT was overrated (I just didn't feel "cool" enough to be there, or maybe I was too "cool"?) ;D.  Ben Harper's new band sounded really good (and covered Good Times Bad Times).  Merle Haggard sounded as good as ever (Are the Good Tims really Over For Good really felt special).  Saw Patterson Hood and The Screwtopians' debut (sounded like DBT).  I did check out Cage the Elephant and it was the most energy of any set i saw all weekend (stagedives and crowd-surfing galore).  I'm sure I'll think of more later   .....................It's not the same without Jacket :'(
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Penny Lane

QuoteHere's a quick recap of my weekend: Grace Potter was worth the trip alone, She debuted a bunch of new music and  I was completely sold.  David Byrne was a close second.  Santigold had a new backing band and put on a great show.  Booker T and the DBT's was awesome.  MGMT was overrated (I just didn't feel "cool" enough to be there, or maybe I was too "cool"?) ;D.  Ben Harper's new band sounded really good (and covered Good Times Bad Times).  Merle Haggard sounded as good as ever (Are the Good Tims really Over For Good really felt special).  Saw Patterson Hood and The Screwtopians' debut (sounded like DBT).  I did check out Cage the Elephant and it was the most energy of any set i saw all weekend (stagedives and crowd-surfing galore).  I'm sure I'll think of more later   .....................It's not the same without Jacket :'(

thanks, Leather! i watched Cage the Elephant online and i thought the lead singer's pants were going to fall off, he reminded me of iggy pop. i thought they were pretty good live!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

Patrick was at that Patterson Hood set, I guess he was standing right behind me.  My buddy saw him but I didn't.  Ah well!   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sassbox

QuoteJust watched like 45 minutes of Gomez's set. I used to really like them and still throw on Liquid Skin or Bring It On every once in awhile, but man, does their new stuff suck.

I never got either of their last 2 albums but every song that I didnt know except 1 was pretty bad. They lost their quirkiness and edge.

The only disappointing set of the entire weekend, mainly because it was just flat.

Paging Pennylane:  sit down.  I am a Phish convert.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.