Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 21, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassbox

Ting Tings and Down dropped from the lineup.  Pitchfork is reporting Titus Andronicus is playing, and Jenny Lewis' tour dates with Deer Tick certainly hint at a possible appearance (they're opening for her the nights before and after her 'Roo appearance).  Yay!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

el_chode

Last time I was at Festival Pier for a show some dude was running around all stabbed up, so I called 911 and endured 15 minutes of a cop berating myself and the dispatcher for not knowing the cross street of "THE CONVENTION CENTER"
I'm surrounded by assholes

Penny Lane

Just requested the days off for this. I have mixed feelings about the headliners but there are gonna be a ton of great bands there. Looking forward to seeing Wilco for the first time especially, along w/okkervil river, DBT and TV on the Radio. :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

AllyDee

the jacket NEEDS to play because erykah badu is playing

another hybrid "Tyrone" would be the best Bonnaroo moment ever

Penny Lane

if MMJ doesn't play, JJ should just come and play w/Andrew Bird, Jenny Lewis, Lucinda, Wilco, Erykah, Decemberists, DBT, ----but i think the real shining moment would come w/his guest appearance w/Santigold or public enemy though. ;-)

SputnixDrumstix

One way or another, me and my bros are gonna be there, but being able to see MMJ there would be amazing. I've only seen them live once and I'm jonesin to see them again. I haven't lost hope in the possibility of them comin to B-roo 09, mostly because a) it's Bonnaroo (MMJ has missed it, what, a whole 2 times?) and b) unless I got my shit wrong, our boys haven't posted ANY shows for this year yet. We're talking about My Morning Jacket here. They play shows. It's what they do. So, let's just have a little patience and see what the good people at Bonnaroo AND MMJ can do for us and, hopefully, we'll all be very happy. On that note, however, MMJ or no, so far, Bonnaroo 09 looks like gold. Throw MMJ in there, and I say we all take a trip to Manchester for a little bit of heaven on earth...

thebugman

well call me negative nancy but you can wish in one hand and shit in the other....see which one fills up first. they are not playing the roo. get over it, lets move on.
four on the floor and four in the air....

Penny Lane

agreed. no chance they'll be at bonnaroo.

capt. scotty

Quotewell call me negative nancy but you can wish in one hand and shit in the other....see which one fills up first. they are not playing the roo. get over it, lets move on.

youre for sure a negative nancy
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

thebugman

thanks, the glass is always half empty. its too late for them to play

lasvegas

rumor is they are on hiatus for a while.

jim has decided to write and star in a sitcom about whiny drug band phans who don't get to go on t00r.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

capt. scotty

shouldnt there be another artist addition announcement soon?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

thebugman

none of the likes of mmj....probably just fillers and no killer. the poster for the roo is up and you would be insane to not put mmj on there. so is the mmj 2050 really coming true? cant remember the year but you know what im talking about.

BH

don't even talk about that.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

AMightyCaporal

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

thebugman

we will always have item 9.....

SputnixDrumstix

Well, like I said, MMJ or no, B-roo 2009 ain't lookin half bad. MMJ would be NICE, but not necessary for a totally kick-ass time. I disagree that it's too late for them to be added, though. I ain't holdin my breath, but they were still announcing some pretty decent acts until 2 weeks before the damn thing last year. That's just the way they operate. But, combine the lack of an announcement yet, absolutely no scheduled tour dates at this time, and the fact that they were on the road all through-out 2008, and I'd say it would be perfectly reasonable if they were to NOT show up for B-roo this year. Still... Another MMJ/Badu mash-up would have been the shit... I suppose I'll keeeeeeeeeeeeeeep dreamin...

SputnixDrumstix

And hell-the-fuck yes, we WILL always have item 9...

Kapila

It feels weird that they're not playing this year though. I'll be going this year with a few friends of mine. Looking forward to Al Green and Booker T!
[url="//www.myspace.com/opossumtrot"]www.myspace.com/opossumtrot[/url]

Penny Lane

After going back and forth, i decided to sell my Bonnaroo ticket. In the end, the lineup just isn't that great to justify the $ and vacation days and i was really only looking forward to wilco (w/the ladies on this board) but since wilco are playing in brooklyn w/YLT in July, i'll get to see them.

Sass and ALady--we'll have to do the rails on another show, (ALady---for black keys if you come to forecastle:-))