Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 21, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

likehardcoreee

QuoteI would absolutely love this of course.  However, I'm not getting my hopes up based on one post.  The fella who posted that on inforoo just signed up right before posting that.  All of the rumors he posted were part of his first post on the board.  So I kind of feel he's someone who made that account solely to post fake information a lot of people wanted to hear to get everyone's hopes up.  But hey, we can still hope, right?!

And they always announce additions/events and such on Wednesday, so look for an update sometime tomorrow.

But that person on Inforoo got it from the Bonnaroo boards, the one penny posted, they didn't just make it up. Weather or not the OP made it up, who knows.

Ah, my mistake I didn't seen Penny's post.  I only saw the inforoo post a bit before I posted that.  Again, still not getting my hopes up.  But GOD DAMN heres hoping this happens!  There has to be some MMJ presence on the farm.  I think were more likely to see Jim solo than an MMJ show.

BUT, if my wildest fantasies come true, and MMJ headlines friday night leading into Phish latenight, my life would be complete.  Again, just my fantasy :D

Penny Lane

i think the big act yet to be added is gonna be the Allman Brothers; that's my prediction---by mid next week;
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

PUBLIC ENEMY is the big addition? are you f-in kidding me? 2 years in a row let down.

vespachick

Holy cow, what a relief!  I can't afford much more travel!! Public Enemy. :-?
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Sassbox

I don't understand why anyone was expecting a big addition other than some speculation about that oddly-phrased e-mail clarifying what dates/times Springsteen and Phish will be playing.

I'm thrilled with the initial lineup, and happy to see Ani DiFranco and Amadou & Mariam as adds.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Love Dogg

QuoteHoly cow, what a relief!  I can't afford much more travel!! Public Enemy. :-?

No offense to the people who are already going, but I am so glad the Jacket hasn't been added.  I can't go, I don't want to go, and I am not going...so them not playing makes that decision/delima just go away.

However on a side note...I do believe Jim will be there possibly making guest appearance(s) with some folks.  So that will be good for the people who are going.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

LEATHER KID

I may be naive but I still don't think they're done with the announcements.  The year Neil Young was there he wasn't announced until just a few weeks before the festival.   Well I've got my fingers crossed anyways.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

lasvegas

i can't wait to hang out with flava flav in the fountain at centeroo.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Sassbox

QuoteI may be naive but I still don't think they're done with the announcements.  The year Neil Young was there he wasn't announced until just a few weeks before the festival.   Well I've got my fingers crossed anyways.

This is just the first round of additions, there are definitely more to come.  I'm not holding out hope for any big adds, but I hope the Spiritualized rumor from a few months back comes to fruition.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Bug

Bonnaroo Music Additions:

Public Enemy
Ani DiFranco
Amadou & Mariam
Shadows Fall
Heartless Bastards
Tony Rice Unit
High On Fire
Passion Pit
Dillinger Escape Plan
Wailing Souls
The Itals
MURS
White Rabbits
Janelle Monáe
Hockey
Pretty Lights

Penny Lane

still dissappointing--that was probably the last headliner addition

LEATHER KID

Quotestill dissappointing--that was probably the last headliner addition
Prince for Saturday would be the bomb. Or neil of course.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

capt. scotty

That's about as meh as it gets IMO for 15 bands being added. Public Enemy or Murs are probably the only ones Id even consider checking out.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Love Dogg

QuoteThat's about as meh as it gets IMO for 15 bands being added. Public Enemy or Murs are probably the only ones Id even consider checking out.

Heartless Bastards are good.  Been listening to them for a few years.  I think Dan Auerbach (Black Keys) produced their latest album.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Penny Lane

QuoteThat's about as meh as it gets IMO for 15 bands being added. Public Enemy or Murs are probably the only ones Id even consider checking out.

Heartless Bastards are good.  Been listening to them for a few years.  I think Dan Auerbach (Black Keys) produced their latest album.

yeah i love them. she sounds like grace slick. i'm addicted to them now.

Evening Rebel

I've seen PE quite a few times back in the day, solo, with Anthrax, and with Sonic Youth. A very formidable live act, as good as any, and if the rumors are true, the classic It Takes a Nation of Millions album performed in it's entirety, with the almighty ROOTS crew as the back up band for them, then ROO' goers may be in for a real treat!!!

capt. scotty

I've seen PE quite a few times back in the day, solo, with Anthrax, and with Sonic Youth. A very formidable live act, as good as any, and if the rumors are true, the classic It Takes a Nation of Millions album performed in it's entirety, with the almighty ROOTS crew as the back up band for them, then ROO' goers may be in for a real treat!!!

where'd you hear this? is this a rumor just for their bonnaroo set?

Now if this is true, IM THERE!!!  :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ALady

Not sure about Roo, but they did It Takes A Nation... in its entirety at Pitchfork festival last year, and in my opinion that was the highlight of the whole fest.  They sounded great and it was fun as hell.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Evening Rebel

Did some research of my own... the PE/ROOTS It Takes A Nation performance will be the weekend before the ROO. Sorry.

The Roots launch The 2nd Annual ROOTS PICNIC!

Starring The Roots, TV on the Radio, The Black Keys, Santigold,
Kid Cudi, Asher Roth & more.

Featuring a special performance by Public Enemy, who will perform
It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, backed by Antibalas and The Roots.

Saturday, June 6th, 2pm
@ The Festival Pier, Penns Landing

capt. scotty

QuoteDid some research of my own... the PE/ROOTS It Takes A Nation performance will be the weekend before the ROO. Sorry.

The Roots launch The 2nd Annual ROOTS PICNIC!

Starring The Roots, TV on the Radio, The Black Keys, Santigold,
Kid Cudi, Asher Roth & more.

Featuring a special performance by Public Enemy, who will perform
It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, backed by Antibalas and The Roots.

Saturday, June 6th, 2pm
@ The Festival Pier, Penns Landing

Hmm...Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra backing them too makes that sound even cooler.

Add in TVOTR and the Black Keys and I very well might be traveling to the other side of PA.