Main Menu

The Mother Hips

Started by pawpaw, Dec 23, 2010, 05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Quote from: zanjam on Feb 15, 2013, 01:38 AM
bbill are you going to any of the TXR shows?  We are going on Sat.

Nope, not going to make either of those. Have you been there yet? I haven't but I've heard good things.

I'm eyeing the March show in Grass Valley, might get up to that one.

Have fun at the show!

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 15, 2013, 10:17 AM
Looks like Nicki bluhm will be playing the Newport Folk Fest  :smiley:

That's awesome, good for her!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

zanjam

Quote from: bbill on Feb 15, 2013, 12:55 PM
Quote from: zanjam on Feb 15, 2013, 01:38 AM
bbill are you going to any of the TXR shows?  We are going on Sat.

Nope, not going to make either of those. Have you been there yet? I haven't but I've heard good things.

I'm eyeing the March show in Grass Valley, might get up to that one.

Have fun at the show!

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 15, 2013, 10:17 AM
Looks like Nicki bluhm will be playing the Newport Folk Fest  :smiley:

That's awesome, good for her!

I don't know how to double quote...tech challenged

bbill - Yes, been to Terrapin.  Very cool venue.  And a short cab ride home.  Gotta love that in Marin!!

Penny - my friend Deren plays guitar for Nicki.  Not sure if you remember my post about my absolute freak out when NB&G busted out into OBH at one of their shows last summer?  Anyhoo, I told Deren that all you crazy MMJ loving freaks were going to be there, and they would have to reprise their OBH just for y'all.  Don't think it's been played since.  So you might just get a pleasant surprise when you catch their set?  :wink:
anything + reverb always = better

Penny Lane

Quote from: zanjam on Feb 15, 2013, 04:35 PM

Penny - my friend Deren plays guitar for Nicki.  Not sure if you remember my post about my absolute freak out when NB&G busted out into OBH at one of their shows last summer?  Anyhoo, I told Deren that all you crazy MMJ loving freaks were going to be there, and they would have to reprise their OBH just for y'all.  Don't think it's been played since.  So you might just get a pleasant surprise when you catch their set?  :wink:

we'll have to get that chant going! that's right..

are you near chico?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

zanjam

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
Quote from: zanjam on Feb 15, 2013, 04:35 PM

we'll have to get that chant going! that's right..

are you near chico?
No, in Marin...just north of SF.  I think Chico is 2.5-3 hrs away.
anything + reverb always = better