Main Menu

Flaming Lips

Started by el_chode, Dec 24, 2010, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

sweatboard

yes, thank god

and thank you for posting, those were amazing.
There's Still Time.........

mjk73

Working at NASA on Acid was particularly awesome.

e_wind

I liked NASA on Acid a lot, the other one, not so much. theyre supposed to be releasing a 12" with these songs on it soon...

mjk73

I remember reading somewhere that all of the songs that they were releasing through the year via their gummybear flash drive thingies would be compiled into a physical LP. Hopefully.

ralph

Tonight!!!!!  :D :D :D
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

e_wind

Ralph- how was it? Flaming lips are easily my second favorite love band.

ralph

Truly awesome! Haven't stopped smiling since it started. There is nothing quite like The Flaming Lips live... I don't think you could ever go past your first flips show as your favorite but this came very close.

I heart Wayne!!!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ophidiophobia

I met Wayne before the 2nd Tulsa concert during September. He signed my Dark Side of the Moon cover, and we talked about the album cover and hunting. He seemed like a really cool guy.

mjk73

Quote from: ralph on Nov 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
Truly awesome! Haven't stopped smiling since it started. There is nothing quite like The Flaming Lips live... I don't think you could ever go past your first flips show as your favorite but this came very close.

I heart Wayne!!!
Indeed

jaye

evilurges86

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 24, 2011, 12:33 AM
these dudes just keep getting weirder....

The Flaming Lips Feat. Lightning Bolt - I Wanna Get High But I Don't Want Brain Damage

The Flaming Lips - I'm Working at NASA on Acid

I love the flaming lips. but i cant find anythin released after Yoshimi that I can even listen to more than once or even really like (sorry ralph). After watching the Nasa on acid video halfway through i felt like i needed a shower it was so strange  :bath:
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Dillsnufus

apparently soft bulletin is being repressed again on vinyl. February 12th i think
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Jan 18, 2012, 02:13 AM
apparently soft bulletin is being repressed again on vinyl. February 12th i think

that sounds awesome, you should buy an extra copy and send it to me... :thumbsup:

jaye

They're performing The Soft Bulletin in San Francisco on 2/21 and I still can't believe that I got tickets.     :D

e_wind

yeah thats pretty awesome, i would love to catch a soft bulletin cover show. I have the recording of when they did  it for NYE a couple years ago and it is superb

Luna Moth

Twitter was lame until i started following waynecoyne. I still havent hit that point where you're like "i think ive done enough lsd, should be good for a long while" so the lips/wayne are one of the funnest bands to keep up with. imo

mjk73

Quote from: Luna Moth on Jan 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
Twitter was lame until i started following waynecoyne. I still havent hit that point where you're like "i think ive done enough lsd, should be good for a long while" so the lips/wayne are one of the funnest bands to keep up with. imo
He cracks me up on twitter.

evilurges86

he has such a great stage presence, i always have a blast at their live shows. I love the fearless freaks documentary, i really enjoy watching it, just something about him is so charismatic and warm.  one of my favorite shows was at a small inexpensive festival this past summer. some guy flashed Wayne his man tits and Wayne just had fun with it.

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1 (Hopscotch 2011)
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

e_wind

last year i wanted to go to a small festival in Ohio that they headlined, but last minute I had to cancel. I'm hoping they continue to make small festival appearances, and headline Starry Nights in KY this year.