Most anticipated of 2011

Started by e_wind, Dec 24, 2010, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Quote from: wolof7 on Dec 27, 2010, 01:53 PM
Anyone know if WEEN will come out with anything in 2011? If so they will be just under MMJ in the list I have already given.

Whoa I didn't spot this question! That would be so sweet. I was on a high ride last night and had some sketchy cat tailing me so I pulled off on the first 'side road' I could that looked like there were any houses on it (vs. pulling off on a rickety country road and having a chase-down or whatever else you think when mildly paranoid....  ::) ) Wish it was daylight and I had my camera, it was literally Argus Rd. Figured I was safe at that point  ;)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

pennylane

Liam Gallagher's band (not really, but I'm shocked MJK or Mark didn't mention)..unless it's out already

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: pennylane link=topic=13752.m :-\sg237782#msg237782 date=1293636149
Liam Gallagher's band (not really, but I'm shocked MJK or Mark didn't mention)..unless it's out already

Whatever newbie.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

wolof7

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 28, 2010, 10:06 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Dec 27, 2010, 01:53 PM
Anyone know if WEEN will come out with anything in 2011? If so they will be just under MMJ in the list I have already given.

Whoa I didn't spot this question! That would be so sweet. I was on a high ride last night and had some sketchy cat tailing me so I pulled off on the first 'side road' I could that looked like there were any houses on it (vs. pulling off on a rickety country road and having a chase-down or whatever else you think when mildly paranoid....  ::) ) Wish it was daylight and I had my camera, it was literally Argus Rd. Figured I was safe at that point  ;)

That is an awesome find. Sorry about the sketchy driver though that is never fun. Argus is a great song. Quebec is one of my favs by them! I am really hoping that they release something next year even another Live/Bootleg would be nice.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

kydiddle

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Dec 27, 2010, 12:58 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 26, 2010, 07:43 AM
Quote from: wolof7 on Dec 25, 2010, 09:53 PM
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
The Low Anthem - Smart Flesh
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

Why'd you cross out Radiohead? Are you one of those people who didn't like In Rainbows?

Those people can suck it.

They're so inconsistent with news about their new songs/studio time that I doubt we'll get an album in 2011, but I would kill for one. And a tour.

Peez?

And of course the new MMJ will rock.

Aren't the Backstreet Boys putting out a new album? Nice.  8)
Cow temperature.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: kydiddle on Dec 29, 2010, 04:34 PM
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

Why'd you cross out Radiohead? Are you one of those people who didn't like In Rainbows?

They're so inconsistent with news about their new songs/studio time that I doubt we'll get an album in 2011, but I would kill for one. And a tour.

Peez?

Pretty sure the new radiohead album is pretty much finished and they are figuring out how to release it ( its not getting released like in rainbows was). I believe one of them said there is a huge 2011 tour in the the works as well.

Ruckus

My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

That's a winky dude there True.  Naw, I just haven't really dug on Radiohead too much outside of The Bends and OK Computer.  I respect 'em...I'm just not too much into Complaint Rock. ;) ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

pennylane

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 29, 2010, 08:07 PM
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

That's a winky dude there True.  Naw, I just haven't really dug on Radiohead too much outside of The Bends and OK Computer.  I respect 'em...I'm just not too much into Complaint Rock. ;) ;D

Complaint Rock   ;D

kydiddle

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Dec 29, 2010, 05:26 PM
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

Peez?

Pretty sure the new radiohead album is pretty much finished and they are figuring out how to release it ( its not getting released like in rainbows was). I believe one of them said there is a huge 2011 tour in the the works as well.

I hope so. I've heard conflicting reports, but more times than not the news is that they have the songs finished. And if you go to any shows near Philly, I'm going with since I have zero friends on the East Coast who love this band.

Oooo, forgot about Fleet Foxes, too.
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

Quote from: pennylane on Dec 30, 2010, 09:33 AM
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

Complaint Rock   ;D

Get out of here, newb!!!

:-*
Cow temperature.

wolof7

I was excited about the Fleet Foxes myself until I read some of the difficulties they have had with the recording process. I can't remember where I read some of the things around it but I believe they have have difficulty with the writing process, stalled several times in trying to get it out and I believe abandoned quite a bit. I also read somewhere that Robin reported there will be more electronics on the album and maybe even danceable stuff? This could all not be true and just speculation but this kind of news makes me think sophmore slump.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Penny Lane

Quote from: kydiddle on Dec 30, 2010, 09:37 AM
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

Complaint Rock   ;D

Get out of here, newb!!!

eat my dick!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kydiddle

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 30, 2010, 11:53 AM
Quote from: kydiddle on Dec 30, 2010, 09:37 AM
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

Complaint Rock   ;D

Get out of here, newb!!!

eat my dick!

Nom nom nom.
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

Quote from: wolof7 on Dec 30, 2010, 09:45 AM
I was excited about the Fleet Foxes myself until I read some of the difficulties they have had with the recording process. I can't remember where I read some of the things around it but I believe they have have difficulty with the writing process, stalled several times in trying to get it out and I believe abandoned quite a bit. I also read somewhere that Robin reported there will be more electronics on the album and maybe even danceable stuff? This could all not be true and just speculation but this kind of news makes me think sophmore slump.

Well that would be very disappointing.
Cow temperature.

el_chode

I never got into radiohead. I liked In Rainbows. Does that make me a bad person? I liked it possibly due to the situation I was in when I heard it - drinking heavily at Monks in Philly in the middle of the afternoon.

Also Fleet Foxes and Band of Horses always interest me for about 5 minutes before I turn it off and just put on an MMJ album

I'm surrounded by assholes

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: el_chode on Dec 30, 2010, 02:16 PM
I never got into radiohead. I liked In Rainbows. Does that make me a bad person? I liked it possibly due to the situation I was in when I heard it - drinking heavily at Monks in Philly in the middle of the afternoon.

Also Fleet Foxes and Band of Horses always interest me for about 5 minutes before I turn it off and just put on an MMJ album

In Rainbows rules

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: kydiddle on Dec 30, 2010, 09:36 AM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Dec 29, 2010, 05:26 PM
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
RUSH - Clockwork Angels
Middle Brother - S/T
Flaming Lips!

;)

Peez?

I hope so. I've heard conflicting reports, but more times than not the news is that they have the songs finished. And if you go to any shows near Philly, I'm going with since I have zero friends on the East Coast who love this band.

Oooo, forgot about Fleet Foxes, too.

If they play, I'm going, so its a date.

ALady

Yeah, I think it was a myspace message or something like that?  It worried me too.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: ALady on Dec 30, 2010, 03:02 PM

Yeah, I think it was a myspace message or something like that?  It worried me too.

That's weird. Last I heard, Robin said it was going to be "less poppy" than the first. But that was a while ago.

woodnymph

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Dec 30, 2010, 03:07 PM
Quote from: ALady on Dec 30, 2010, 03:02 PM

That's weird. Last I heard, Robin said it was going to be "less poppy" than the first. But that was a while ago.
That's exactly what I heard too, "less poppy"ness... from what I've heard (when I saw them July '09) they had a REALLY F'N RIGHTEOUS new song, "Blue Spotted Tail," that I fell in love with the minute Robin started belting it..... and there's also been a song "Bedouin Dress" that's been floating around some of their later shows.... also sounds pretty cool.  And other live youtubes of them that I've seen, I can't tell if they're new Fleet songs or cover tunes for some of 'em.... I dunno though, I think I'll dig anything they do..... I also love Robin's solo tunes under White Antelope, cover of Joan Baez' "Silver Dagger," "False Knight on the Road" (BEAUTIFUL SONG... was fortunate enough to see him come out and play it in '09 that fateful night.....) and his version of "Wild Mountain Thyme," which always takes me to my imaginary cabin in the mountains...  :P Def. stoked for their newness, whenever they're ready to share
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time