The Head and the Heart

Started by e_wind, Dec 28, 2010, 03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 08, 2012, 12:13 PM
Damn harsh. Thats a huge 180 degree turn from my review in the Forevastle thread

that's why I posted it- I thought you would find interesting.

(and to be clear, I really like the album, so not dumping this here to be a hater.   I was just starting to like them when they came through Boston last year, so missed them and regret it.  Looking forward to Forecastle and Newport- I'll be with ya Eric regardless of how many bad reviews I read)

Fully

I just got tickets to see The Head and The Heart tonight in Nashville. I'm so excited. A friend had to back out at the last minute and gave me her tickets. So.very.excited. right now!!!!!

Any Nashville area members want to go?

e_wind

The new record features an omnichord. wonder where they got that idea....
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Angelo

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 08, 2013, 04:42 PM
The new record features an omnichord. wonder where they got that idea....
Ha, that reminds me of the RS fall music preview a few issues back. They had a blurb about tHem and they flat out said seeing MMJ was a gigantic influence on their sound for this album.

dookie shoot bandit

New album is really good!!!!

mahg33ta

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Oct 30, 2013, 03:08 PM
New album is really good!!!!

It's on heavy rotation for me as I'm seeing them Friday. 

To my ears, it's a darker, more serious album.  I think it's a "good" album - ie well-written and made, but lacks a lot of the joy and upbeat-ness (?) of the other album, which always put a smile on my face.   

Not that that's a bad thing, and I never want bands to keep re-making same albums.   I like it enough that I'll stick with it and see where it takes me.

dookie shoot bandit

I know exactly what you mean... If I'm in a bad place though.. I know what album to turn to! Haha

BH

Can't wait for it to arrive in mail!       Really grown to love them over the last year.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.