Palin's Bra: Support for Quitters (of nicotine delivery products)

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 01, 2011, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 08, 2011, 11:10 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 07, 2011, 09:54 PM
Sadly sitting at home on a Friday night ordering in food after working out because I fear that I will smoke if I go out with friends.  Day 6 and I'm feeling good.  I promised myself that I won't consume a beverage until Das Racist next Thursday and I intend to follow through.  For the 1st time ever, I've been losing weight while quitting.  Keep up the good work everyone.  It hurts knowing that no matter what, I'll always be a day behind Johnny ;)
If it makes you feel any better, I actually had my last cigarette at 1:40 am on Jan. 1.  I destroyed the remaining 5 cigs in my pack and went to bed.  I'm still considering Jan. 1 my first day smoke-free, from the moment I awoke later that morning.  So that would make today day 8 in my book, but I'll call it day 7 just for you.

Call it what you want... 1 week smoke-free!  Woooo- cough, cough- oooooo!
Way to go Johnny, keep it up! The rest of youse quitters too!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ALady

Hang in there errybody! Super proud of you!

Remember to reward yourselves for these milestones, too.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

tdb810

Keep up to AWESOME work kids!  This is one of the toughest, but definitely one of the absolute best things you can do for yourselves, your families, your friends -- me included :)

Speaking of rewards, DO IT!  It's nice to treat yourself to something at the end of the week, or the end of the month for all the hard work you have put in!

Most of all, don't give up on yourself, no matter where you are at....quitting, struggling, contemplating quitting....just keep chugging along. 

And remember:
F*%#  BIG TOBACCOhugs!
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Just checking in to see how my fellow quitters and quitters-to-be are doing.  Don't give up, don't give in.  And if you do, don't beat yourself up.  We can do this!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

the_wizzard

Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 08, 2011, 08:57 PMAnd remember:
F*%#  BIG TOBACCO
Amen sister!
I just finished watching The Insider (about Dr. Jeffrey Wigand, a former tobacco executive turned whistle-blower).  Tobacco companies go to litigious lengths to keep their evil practices quiet. I highly suggest you all watch this movie. It is great motivation to stay smoke-free.

Ruckus

1st hurdle cleared.  I ended up drinking heavily all weekend for football with friends and did not smoke.  Into Day 9 and feeling good.  Good job Johnny!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

tdb810

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 10, 2011, 10:07 AM
1st hurdle cleared.  I ended up drinking heavily all weekend for football with friends and did not smoke.  Into Day 9 and feeling good.  Good job Johnny!
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! that is huge!  Congrats to all!!

tdb810

Quote from: T5 wizzard on Jan 09, 2011, 04:46 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 08, 2011, 08:57 PMAnd remember:
F*%#  BIG TOBACCO
Amen sister!
I just finished watching The Insider (about Dr. Jeffrey Wigand, a former tobacco executive turned whistle-blower).  Tobacco companies go to litigious lengths to keep their evil practices quiet. I highly suggest you all watch this movie. It is great motivation to stay smoke-free.

That is a great one !  And only the tip of the iceberg of the secrecy and conspiracy that goes on.  The FDA should have been empowered to ban cigs as early as the 1960s with the evidence that was out there, but guess what?  People are GREEDy and tobacco is a worldwide money maker!

Penny Lane

mental hand claps as i'm unable to do cool emoticons like Brooke or Woodnymph...

Nice, I'm proud of you!!  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Hawkeye

So I bought a pack Saturday night... :-[

But, I'm going to give it another shot.  Good job Ruckus and Johnny and everyone else!
We could.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 09, 2011, 03:54 PM
Just checking in to see how my fellow quitters and quitters-to-be are doing.  Don't give up, don't give in.  And if you do, don't beat yourself up.  We can do this!

bravo gentlemen, bravo.  now the fun part.  the breaking of psychological habit. 

perhaps the hardest part.  If you wait long enough the craving fades away like a memory.  The day you've kicked the habit you probably won't even realize it because you'll be too preoccupied doing other stuff that matters. 

by day 30 you hoe bags should be clean.

johnnYYac

Well, day 10 draws near its close.  Actually, I feel like shit.  I might just be sick, but my chest is hurtin' from some serious coughing.  Lots of good stuff coming up.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.  Glad to hear you passed the booze test, Rob.  Sorry to hear others stuggling, but you can always start over.  Quit tomorrow.  Good luck.

Tracy 2112

Have the Jets lost since you quit smoking? I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 10, 2011, 11:38 AM

mental hand claps as i'm unable to do cool emoticons like Brooke or Woodnymph...

Nice, I'm proud of you!!  :)

Ahh thanks Penny!  Positive reinforcement from the Queen of Quitting is big time. :)

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 10, 2011, 07:16 PM

Unfortunately Johnny's Pats haven't lost since he quit either :(

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 11, 2011, 12:27 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 10, 2011, 07:16 PM

Unfortunately Johnny's Pats haven't lost since he quit either :(

Well, one of you gonna have a strong urge to light up after the game      :-\

stay strong

bluesky

Have you all found something else to do with your hands? iphone has a free knot app...you could learn something new while trying to quit and then spend the money you save on a sail boat!

the_wizzard

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jan 10, 2011, 06:47 PMnow the fun part.  the breaking of psychological habit.  perhaps the hardest part.
So true Sticky Icky.  Day 25 and I found myself jonesing one around 3:30 pm today.  That was the time I used to take my second smoke break of the day at work.  G*d-damn f*cking cigarettes!  Still staying strong, though.

johnnYYac

You go, girl.  This thread was inspired by your post.  Its helped me immensely.  Day 12 done and I've cut my nicotine lozange consumption down a bit.  I'm a bit worried about this weekend, tailgating and bar hopping in Foxboro for the Pats v. Jets game.  But the guys I'm going with don't smoke so... 

How you doin', Ruckus?