Pearl Jam Destination Concert

Started by CTdeadhead, Jan 06, 2011, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Quote from: e_wind on May 16, 2011, 10:09 PM
I honestly think its overpriced for the short line up, but i'll see you guys there regardless.

Lawn is $63/ticket/day including fees.

That's a lot to pay to see Pearl Jam, the Strokes, QotSA, and more?

ooooooookay.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ALady

These added too.  TheNewNo2 is Dhani Harrison's band.

TheNewNo2
David Garza
Star Anna
The Young Evils

e_wind

63 a day? I thought they were 252$....

edit: oh shit, 252 for a PAIR. NICE... can 10 club members purchase multiple pairs, I've never done this.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

halesdd

Quote from: e_wind on May 17, 2011, 03:09 PM

edit: oh shit, 252 for a PAIR. NICE... can 10 club members purchase multiple pairs, I've never done this.

Your only limited to two pairs of weekend tickets for the ten club.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

e_wind

well 4 tickets total is pretty good, but i dont think i'll need more than 2 since my brother is also buying 2. this is going to be a great end to summer.

e_wind

another question, is 10club pretty easy to use? I'm going to be at hangout fest so i'm going to try and get my mom to use my account when they go on sale.

halesdd

Quote from: e_wind on May 17, 2011, 03:40 PM
another question, is 10club pretty easy to use? I'm going to be at hangout fest so i'm going to try and get my mom to use my account when they go on sale.

No, it is not easy to use.  The actual steps to purchase isn't all that difficutl but there are so many people that try to access the site all at once that it overloads the server.  It is a complete pain to finally get access to the payment screens and many times it will kick you out because it crashes.  Sorry to bring that bit of bad news but hey, the hangout festival is going to be awesome (wish I could say I was going to be going with my friends to this one).

Quote from: e_wind on May 17, 2011, 03:39 PM
this is going to be a great end to summer.

Couldnt agree more!

e_wind

Quote from: halesdd on May 17, 2011, 03:55 PM

No, it is not easy to use.  The actual steps to purchase isn't all that difficutl but there are so many people that try to access the site all at once that it overloads the server.  It is a complete pain to finally get access to the payment screens and many times it will kick you out because it crashes.  Sorry to bring that bit of bad news but hey, the hangout festival is going to be awesome (wish I could say I was going to be going with my friends to this one).

Couldnt agree more!

Shit. Do you think I'll be able to get Lawn Tix about 5 hours after they go on sale? They'll go on sale at about 3pm my time and I *should* be home that night by 8 or so. 10 at the latest.

I just preordered the EV song book/album/DVD. cannot wait for May 31st. MMJ album/EV Album and DVD/MMJ show at the palace! I also can't wait until this PJ20 DVD and book are available.

halesdd

Quote from: e_wind on May 17, 2011, 04:26 PM
Quote from: halesdd on May 17, 2011, 03:55 PM

Couldnt agree more!

Shit. Do you think I'll be able to get Lawn Tix about 5 hours after they go on sale? They'll go on sale at about 3pm my time and I *should* be home that night by 8 or so. 10 at the latest.

I just preordered the EV song book/album/DVD. cannot wait for May 31st. MMJ album/EV Album and DVD/MMJ show at the palace! I also can't wait until this PJ20 DVD and book are available.

I honestly do think it will sell out for Ten Club in about an hour.  I could easily be wrong though (and in which case I hope I am for your sake).  If someone your traveling with has maybe an iPhone or Andriod then perhaps you can use that to purchase tickets. 

May 31st will be a very good day.  Have you not listened to either leaked EV or MMJ albums?  I have them on preorder and my friend had sent me the link to download it and I couldnt resist.  Very good stuff.  Can't wait to see MMJ at the Palace again although unfortunately because TicketBastard screawed up, I am sitting in the balcony this time.  The PJ20 book and DVD are going to just be the cherry on top for this summer.

Kenny76

Quote from: ALady on May 16, 2011, 05:49 PM
Quote from: Kenny76 on May 15, 2011, 01:14 PM
It's an 18 hour drive from where I live (Boston area).  With 4 people in a car, that's 4.5 hours of driving for each person. We would leave at noon and arrive (providing for pit stops) at 7 or 8am.  I'm cool with that.

Yay Kenny!

See y'all there.  I'm pretty excited.   :)

You of course luck out tremendously!  An hour and a half drive from Chicago, as I recall, yeah?   18 hours of driving does seem crazy when I read it back, but the road trip is part of the fun, so, yeah, it's only a little crazy.  I can't say that I am 100% definitely going to be there... I won't be able to buy a pair of tickets next week, and I don't know anyone else who can buy a pair and reserve a ticket for me, so it looks like I will be ticket hunting later this summer. I'm not worried about it.  All of my previous ticket hunting expeditions have been successful... if I REALLY want to see a show, I find a way... although I hate that won't be able to take advantage of the Ten Club deal where you get a reserved seat one night.  Would be nice to get both the lawn experience and the seat experience, but maybe I can work that out. Whatever... we're all going mainly for the Pearl Jam nerdfest anyway.  The music is just the icing on the cake - not that I'd have cake without icing.  I think I'm the only one who's psyched to see Mudhoney.

ALady

You are definitely NOT the only one psyched to see Mudhoney!  They're the band I want to see most on that lineup.  So glad you're coming!  And yeah, Alpine isn't far at all - more like 2-3 hours from Chicago depending on traffic. I grew up about 15 minutes from the venue, so I'll be visiting Mom and Dad that weekend  ;D

I'm not too worried about tickets either...you and I know enough PJ folk that an extra is never hard to come by.   ;)

e_wind, if you just want lawn seats, why don't you just try in the public onsale on June 4?  Ticketmaster is a hell of a lot easier to deal with than the 10c server.

ALady

Quote from: halesdd on May 17, 2011, 03:20 PM

Is that true?  I would have thought it would be one pair per member, like it always is.

Oh wait.  You mean one pair of tickets for each night of the fest, right?

halesdd

Quote from: ALady on May 18, 2011, 08:05 AM
Quote from: halesdd on May 17, 2011, 03:20 PM

Is that true?  I would have thought it would be one pair per member, like it always is.

Oh wait.  You mean one pair of tickets for each night of the fest, right?

Yes.  Sorry about the wording of that.  In otherwords, you get a pair of ten club tickets each night, one for yourself and one for who ever you bring.

Murph

Pearl Jam Twenty Trailer

did everyone see this yet?  How awesome is that stage dive at 0:36?

e_wind

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

why didn't i buy tickets to this

pj20 that is, not the DVD

woodnymph

Man oh man oh man oh man oh man.....

One of my best friend's boyfriend has a brother who won a pair of tickets from a radio trivia question that he answered about PJ...  and he's taking my friend's boyfriend!!!

He definitely deserves it (they both do, thankfully)  They've been fans for ages, and his bro even knew whatever random trivia they threw, so it's all good.  Just wish I was going to this too, of course!

Not sure what the question was that he guessed correctly, I'll have to ask her bf next time I see them.

I'm super stoked for you guys that are going though!!! GHAAAAA!!!   :D :D :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ruckus

So who all on this board are going to this?  I managed to score a hookup for these and hotel up in the Milly Wah Kay.  Hate to admit I'm not the biggest PJ fan but am nonetheless looking forward to it.  Well that and the 1st row, Cubs dugout seats for Friday at Wrigley. :D

1.  Ruckus+3
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 26, 2011, 06:47 PM
Man oh man oh man oh man oh man.....

One of my best friend's boyfriend has a brother who won a pair of tickets from a radio trivia question that he answered about PJ...  and he's taking my friend's boyfriend!!!

He definitely deserves it (they both do, thankfully)  They've been fans for ages, and his bro even knew whatever random trivia they threw, so it's all good.  Just wish I was going to this too, of course!

Not sure what the question was that he guessed correctly, I'll have to ask her bf next time I see them.

I'm super stoked for you guys that are going though!!! GHAAAAA!!!   :D :D :D

Damn thats awesome.

I honestly feel like the whole organization concept of this festival is very offputting. Hotels an hour away and bussing in is a turn off. The same bands playing both nights is a turn off. If I was going it would basically be two REALLY expensive and high maintance pearl jam shows. None the less,  I wish I wouldve bought tickets. I'm sure I could buy some, but at this point finding a hotel, buying tickets taht aren't through the 10 club, etc, not sure how worth it would be. I basically chose to see Jacket 5 times in august instead. and couldnt afford to pay for PJ20 and red rocks trip all in the same couple weeks

I love Eddie and company, and hope everyone going has an AWESOME time.

ALady

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 26, 2011, 08:16 PM
So who all on this board are going to this?  I managed to score a hookup for these and hotel up in the Milly Wah Kay.  Hate to admit I'm not the biggest PJ fan but am nonetheless looking forward to it.  Well that and the 1st row, Cubs dugout seats for Friday at Wrigley. :D

1.  Ruckus+3

2. alady + PJ nation

Rock the Bells not looking too bloody likely at the moment unfortunately.  This'll do.

mahg33ta

Quote from: Murph on Jul 26, 2011, 04:32 PM
Pearl Jam Twenty Trailer

did everyone see this yet?  How awesome is that stage dive at 0:36?

Thanks.   That was great- gave me goosebumps.   Awesome stage dive for sure- I like the 2 person jump around 1:40 too.  Just so cool.

e_wind I think your August Jacket trip was the right call.   But damn I'm with you, easy to have a twinge of regret.   Can't do everything, I keep telling myself (actually it's my wife telling me).   If MMJ were there, on the other hand--- 

I'll go see the movie for sure.