The Band's Twitter Account

Started by Haldon, Jan 13, 2011, 08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

That's a nice looking bass.

Edit: I think "that's a nice ass bass" sounds more fun if you hyphenate it right.
I'm surrounded by assholes

jones

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 25, 2011, 11:35 AM
That's a nice looking bass.

Edit: I think "that's a sweet nice ass-bass" sounds more fun if you hyphenate it right.
Fixed it.

johnnYYac

Quote from: br00ke on Jan 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
a sweet 'in the studio' shot  :thumbsup:

I look at this and cannot wait to hear what they come up with!  I think we might feel ourselves step back to an earlier MMJ sound with a new twist.  Maybe an updated version of At Dawn, with some bravery and exploration, naked and raw and experimental, yet with soul and clarity.  Does that make any sense?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

br00ke

Penny Lane

Quote from: br00ke on Jan 26, 2011, 11:46 AM
wasssssup doods ...

"where the magic happens" as they say on cribz

thanks for posting these, brooke. too small to see on my iphone.
bo's sweater looks warm, i wonder if it's made from alpacas..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
  Maybe an updated version of At Dawn, with some bravery and exploration, naked and raw and experimental, yet with soul and clarity.  Does that make any sense?

not at all, but that's what we like about you.. :thumbsup:

johnnYYac

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 26, 2011, 12:05 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
  Maybe an updated version of At Dawn, with some bravery and exploration, naked and raw and experimental, yet with soul and clarity.  Does that make any sense?

not at all, but that's what we like about you.. :thumbsup:
Damn, have I been babbling again?

My work blocks some images from showing, so I have to wait until I get home to see the pics on Twitter that br00ke's been posting. 

The picture I refer to suggests (to me) they've got a pretty simple set up for recording, so I'm hoping that will turn focus away from studio tricks and towards a more raw performance captured in the moment, give 'em room to be brave and creative.  There is a rawness to much of At Dawn, in my opinion. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Quote from: br00ke on Jan 26, 2011, 11:46 AM
wasssssup doods ...

Is that Kevin Ratterman against the wall?  Hard to tell.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Haldon

ok...i'm taking full credit for all of these twitter pictures now.....

clear circumstanial evidence that I write my post about wanting pictures of them.  soon after, pictures of them pop up. 
You're welcome   ;D

oh, and thanks to the guys and the picture takers as well for supplying us with these shots

EasyRyder

looks to me like Bo broke the golden rule, and everyone knows it: "no passing gas in the control room."

He's clearly in the hot seat  ;D
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

lil sis

I don't really get the whole Twitter thing so I don't follow them on there but they have been posting the same pics to their Facebook page too.  :thumbsup:
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Penny Lane

Quote from: Haldon on Jan 26, 2011, 01:08 PM
ok...i'm taking full credit for all of these twitter pictures now.....

clear circumstanial evidence that I write my post about wanting pictures of them.  soon after, pictures of them pop up. 
You're welcome   ;D

oh, and thanks to the guys and the picture takers as well for supplying us with these shots

oh that's right...nevermind Brooke! you're dead to me...
i meant to thank Haldon  ;) :thumbsup:

hang in there with the studying, man...!
keep your index cards and let me have when you're done (lol)

woodnymph

Quote from: lil sis on Jan 26, 2011, 01:18 PM
I don't really get the whole Twitter thing so I don't follow them on there but they have been posting the same pics to their Facebook page too.  :thumbsup:
I was gonna say.... I don't twit/tweet OR facebook, so thanks you guys for the info. hookupssss
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

el_chode

Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 26, 2011, 01:34 PM
I was gonna say.... I don't twit/tweet OR facebook, so thanks you guys for the info. hookupssss

As someone who recently quit the facebook but supplanted it with more active twittering, twitter ain't all that bad. It's what you make of it. Follow an narcissist and you get a bunch of boring shit about nothing

Follow Wayne Coyne and get sneak peaks at new tracks and pics of his wife's bewbs

Follow lp and win $1,000

el_chode

Oh, and that pic, the first thing that came to mind was "whoof arted?"

Then it looked more like a moment where someone ripped the needle off the record.

I can see it now, Carl comes running in out of view, all out of breath..."OMG YOU GUYS YOU GUYS I JUST HEARD OUR SONG IN A MICHELOB ULTRA COMMERCIAL!" ****zzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuup*****

woodnymph

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 26, 2011, 02:45 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 26, 2011, 01:34 PM

As someone who recently quit the facebook but supplanted it with more active twittering, twitter ain't all that bad. It's what you make of it. Follow an narcissist and you get a bunch of boring shit about nothing

Follow Wayne Coyne and get sneak peaks at new tracks and pics of his wife's bewbs

Follow lp and win $1,000
Hahahahahahah I thought I heard there was some pretty serious bewb posts on Mr. Coyne's tweets (hahahahah if that doesn't sound so dirty  :P)  I'm sure he posts some pretty sweet things too. I dunno.... I've been on the fence  for at least a year on these online things... I've had a myspace since '04, and that used to take care of everything. And it's now pretty much under, and I can't even really get behind it, or back it up, because it eats all the available memory on comps now and loads slow as hell. And the format took a huge crap. That alone makes it suck, if it woulda stayed simpler I'd still be on it more.

But whoa whoa, serious win $1000 with MMJ tweets?! Sweet lordy!!  :o

el_chode

I was kidding about $1,000! 

Facebook is dangerous now that is has begun co-copting user images into advertisements. Usually you get paid for that sort of thing. So yeah...I think you're safer staying away. Twitter is still relatively anonymous though. I just use it to get pictures of Outerspace and MMJ really, which are not always mutually exclusive.

woodnymph

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 26, 2011, 03:16 PM
I was kidding about $1,000! 

Facebook is dangerous now that is has begun co-copting user images into advertisements. Usually you get paid for that sort of thing. So yeah...I think you're safer staying away. Twitter is still relatively anonymous though. I just use it to get pictures of Outerspace and MMJ really, which are not always mutually exclusive.
Hahah I suspected you might be! But I guess the 1,000 is relative.... I'm sure I may gain as much just in sheer enjoyment  8)

br00ke

all of the studio pix are getting me super stoked for the new album  :bath:

EasyRyder

do we know who the guy at the board is?
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."