Main Menu

Games

Started by wolof7, Jan 21, 2011, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

Just figured I'd suggest this game I played this past weekend with a friend. It's called Last Night on Earth and it is pretty awesome. Really inventive, strategic and involves a lot of zombies! Not a huge gamer of any kind but have been kind of obsessed with this since we played it.

Explanation and rules here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Night_on_Earth:_The_Zombie_Game

Any other games suggestions? I am a pretty avid backgammon player.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Taterbug

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 21, 2011, 03:11 PM

I would beat you like a red headed stepchild in Backgammon.  I'm serious  ;)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

COSMIC WIMPOUT!!!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Taterbug

Thats a pretty nice velvet marble bag you got there Johnny   :)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

wolof7

All-time Favorite....Longest game lasted 22 hours. Hold on Yakutsk! 

el_chode

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 21, 2011, 03:45 PM

will never play that again. after what amounted to probably a 20 hour marathon full of doobs and wine, it ended in violence, with me momentarily winning hte brawl until everyone ganged up on me and threw a bunch of the old-school style pieces on the ground (the three-sided spikey ones) and then i fell on them. while down, my buddy tito held me there as my friend mike stepped on my chest, driving those things into my back.

This was caught on camera, where I'm out of frame, and you hear mike say "wanna hear chode scream like a little girl?" and then he steps as I screamed...like a little girl.
I'm surrounded by assholes

wolof7

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 21, 2011, 03:55 PM

will never play that again. after what amounted to probably a 20 hour marathon full of doobs and wine, it ended in violence, with me momentarily winning hte brawl until everyone ganged up on me and threw a bunch of the old-school style pieces on the ground (the three-sided spikey ones) and then i fell on them. while down, my buddy tito held me there as my friend mike stepped on my chest, driving those things into my back.

This was caught on camera, where I'm out of frame, and you hear mike say "wanna hear chode scream like a little girl?" and then he steps as I screamed...like a little girl.

That is crazy man....[warning some graphic sexual stuff here] I am almost ashamed to admit this had it not been for your similar experience but that 22 hour marathon game my friends and I had was during a snowstorm in high school. It was aided by copius amounts of marijuana and broken friendships for a week. After my friend Carter double-crossed me and broke our  alliance the group voted for retaliation by forcing him to bleach his public hair....He had to hump a cup of water for nearly an hour and after a month of his GF being too freaked out to have sex with him due to his near-white blond nether regions, it proceeded to fall out in clumps at school. We took a bit of a break after that one! :D

kydiddle

It took this thread about one hour to go from harmless opener to crazy boy antics.

Love it.  ;D
Cow temperature.

Crispy

Acey-Deucey! Anybody ever play that variation? I lived next door to a guy who taught it to me in college -- every afternoon we'd pull tubes and play that game for hours. Good times.

Also, I can say with relief that I never enjoyed any such of the above Risk shenanigans.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 21, 2011, 03:19 PM

You got a Yahoo Backgammon ID?

I have no problem setting a date and time to teach you how to play

bii-yatch

el_chode

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 21, 2011, 04:03 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Jan 21, 2011, 03:55 PM

That is crazy man....[warning some graphic sexual stuff here] I am almost ashamed to admit this had it not been for your similar experience but that 22 hour marathon game my friends and I had was during a snowstorm in high school. It was aided by copius amounts of marijuana and broken friendships for a week. After my friend Carter double-crossed me and broke our  alliance the group voted for retaliation by forcing him to bleach his public hair....He had to hump a cup of water for nearly an hour and after a month of his GF being too freaked out to have sex with him due to his near-white blond nether regions, it proceeded to fall out in clumps at school. We took a bit of a break after that one! :D

Now I'm just a civilization addict and instead of getting in brawls, I just get bitched out on xboxlive

Anyway, my mom tried to teach me backgammon once. I forget how its played though.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Taterbug

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 21, 2011, 07:14 PM

You got a Yahoo Backgammon ID

bii-yatch

I don't, but I'm gonna set one up. I will shoot you a pm and we can schedule a play date.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 24, 2011, 11:13 AM

bii-yatch

I don't, but I'm gonna set one up. I will shoot you a pm and we can schedule a play date.
:thumbsup:

FiddleCastro

... Only 22 hours!?  ;D

Not exactly sure how long my longest game of Risk was, but we met up for a few hours each day for 2 weeks or so. Seemed to take forever.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Penny Lane

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jan 24, 2011, 01:05 PM

... Only 22 hours!?  ;D

Not exactly sure how long my longest game of Risk was, but we met up for a few hours each day for 2 weeks or so. Seemed to take forever.

X2 ---our dorm risk games would go on for days and days...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Ahh Risk.  What a game.  I didn't care about anywhere else as long as I had Yakutsk or however it was spelled.

I'm not the biggest zombie guy but many of my friends are and we have frequent board game evenings.  With that in mind, I went ahead and ordered the game.  It better be good Wolof!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

aMillionDreams

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 24, 2011, 11:36 AM
Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 24, 2011, 11:13 AM

bii-yatch

:thumbsup:

You all have to let us know how that turns out!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

wolof7

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 24, 2011, 07:31 PM
Ahh Risk.  What a game.  I didn't care about anywhere else as long as I had Yakutsk or however it was spelled.

I'm not the biggest zombie guy but many of my friends are and we have frequent board game evenings.  With that in mind, I went ahead and ordered the game.  It better be good Wolof!

It is definitely different and fun! Hope you guys enjoy! I was surprised to see how many game awards it has won...also all the great reviews on amazon, so it wasn't just me and my friend geekin' out on weed and long trails enjoyin ourselves by our lonesomes...I'd give the directions a thorough read through before attempting play so it goes more smoothly than my first attempt.

Ruckus

Fast becoming a Dominion nerd here.  Anyone else?  Never good when one purchases 4 expansions at once. 

And you thought being a RUSH fan was nerdy Sweatboard

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head