MMJ's New Album (Man Hands) makes SPIN's Top 30 of 2011

Started by el_chode, Jan 24, 2011, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
It gets worse. Here is a list of supposedly "you're unAmerican if you've never watched" shows I'll admit to never have seeing*:

• Saved by the bell
  • Fresh Prince
  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • The Wire
*By never watched, I mean never willingly sat through and paid attention to an episode. I can't say that I've never been in a room where the show has been on or been subjected to like 10 minutes of it. Example: I've had to watch the parts of Saved by the Bell and Fresh Prince involving drugs for school, so I'm familiar with Carlton's dance.

Don't worry, chode. I've never watched a full episode of Friends or 90210 OR The Wire. I get some strange looks when people throw out a Friends joke and I have to say, "Never watched it."
Cow temperature.

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bluesky

I have heard from a credible source that Denise was a gift from Nicole Atkins.

jo_mama

The Wire might be the best show ever to be put on TV

Jaimoe

It gets worse. Here is a list of supposedly "you're unAmerican if you've never watched" shows I'll admit to never have seeing*:

• Saved by the bell
  • Fresh Prince
  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • The Wire
*By never watched, I mean never willingly sat through and paid attention to an episode. I can't say that I've never been in a room where the show has been on or been subjected to like 10 minutes of it. Example: I've had to watch the parts of Saved by the Bell and Fresh Prince involving drugs for school, so I'm familiar with Carlton's dance.

The last two are essential. I'd worry about you if you loved the other shows.

danz

not trying to rescue this thread from the hi-jackers but i'm seriously trying to refrain from getting over zealous (for safety reasons) after hearing speculations about the new album

Ghosts_on_TV

I wonder how many people are going to leave this time once it gets all shitty and weird in here.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

peafunk31

Quote from: flyguy on Jan 25, 2011, 09:43 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 25, 2011, 08:50 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 25, 2011, 08:47 AM
Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Jan 25, 2011, 03:04 AM
Quote from: el_chode on Jan 24, 2011, 09:22 PM
Never watched Seinfeld, so...no?

There is so much sad in this statement. So you don't know what "Master of your Domain" means or "not that there's anything wrong with that"

Or the significance of the name "Dolores"?

or 'I can't spare a square'.....or the Elaine dance! ...or the car with the B.O.!..
Or "sponge worthy"?

Or "shrinkage"?
Homer no function beer well without.

Ghosts_on_TV

Word on the street is the first single is called Marble Rye.

el_chode

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jan 25, 2011, 02:06 PM

• Saved by the bell
  • Fresh Prince
  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • The Wire

I watched an episode of the Wire midway through. My brother, who is a devotee, said that was my mistake. Need to be in on the ground level to watch it because the arcs are so large.
I'm surrounded by assholes

el_chode

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 25, 2011, 01:31 PM
I have heard from a credible source that Denise was a gift from Nicole Atkins' vaginer.

Me too

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 25, 2011, 02:54 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Jan 25, 2011, 02:06 PM

• Saved by the bell
  • Fresh Prince
  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • The Wire

I watched an episode of the Wire midway through. My brother, who is a devotee, said that was my mistake. Need to be in on the ground level to watch it because the arcs are so large.

I watched the first 3 episodes of the wire. SO BORING. I hear after the first half of season 1 it becomes an amazing ass show, but I just couldnt make it through the bore.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: ALady on Jan 25, 2011, 03:03 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Jan 25, 2011, 02:52 PM
Word on the street is the first single is called Marble Rye.

Love you too.

:-*   I'm serious. I can't reveal my source, but the are VERY close with the band. They were pretty tight lipped, but they did describe it as "Hot and Heavy".

Ruckus

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Jan 25, 2011, 02:22 PM
I wonder how many people are going to leave this time once it gets all shitty and weird in here.

All you old timers seem to be convinced that it will happen again.  No faith?  I'm ready to ruthlessly bash the album already. ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 26, 2011, 08:18 AM

All you old timers seem to be convinced that it will happen again.  No faith?  I'm ready to ruthlessly bash the album already. ;)

You do and I'm leaving!  ::)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 26, 2011, 08:31 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 26, 2011, 08:18 AM

You do and I'm leaving!  ::)

If you leave, I'm leaving, so don't leave.  Dig?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

el_chode

In all seriousness, here are my two thoughts on the new album.

1) The worst song on the album will still be a stellar live performance
2) All I ask is that there's more reverb on this than EU. That was the first thing that jumped out at me on EU.

jones

It seems like a lot of those who "leave" just throw a hissy and "return" a little later, while still lurking all the while.

Crispy and Ruckus, I'm outta here. :P

+1 on the reverb

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: flyguy on Jan 26, 2011, 10:31 AM
It seems like a lot of those who "leave" just throw a hissy and "return" a little later, while still lurking all the while.

Crispy and Ruckus, I'm outta here. :P

+1 on the reverb

Yeah, pretty much. Some people didn't come back. K is still gone, which is a shame, cause he's awesome. I'd pretty much guarantee its going to happen again, however severe it may be.