What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: ChronicHunger on Nov 24, 2011, 01:44 AM
Boom, So good. The new album should be great!

Saw this at the local shop, but it was kind of pricey and I already had a few purchases in my hands. Pretty interesting that you play it from the center outwards. I'm really looking forward to hearing that other track.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ChronicHunger

Yea i wasnt going to get it, but the employee discount sealed the deal. My record store didnt get a whole lot in. Really wanted the Dr dog Single.This is the first record ive owned that you play backwards. Both sound great, but i prefer lonely boy to run right back. Still a great song though.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 28, 2011, 03:32 PM

nice run thru pick up and look at johnny yac quoting dbt.  penny must be so proud!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

e_wind

assuming those were eBay pick ups. I saw Run Thru and Off The Record 7" both for under 5$ on ebay yesterday...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 28, 2011, 04:08 PM
assuming those were eBay pick ups. I saw Run Thru and Off The Record 7" both for under 5$ on ebay yesterday...
Got the Run Thru 7" today, about $8 shipped from UK.  Ordered the Wilco EP a few days back and the Sugar today.  Already have the OTR 7".  Its a shame they don't block eBay here at work.  ;)

johnnYYac

Quote from: headhunter on Nov 28, 2011, 04:05 PM
nice run thru pick up and look at johnny yac quoting dbt.  penny must be so proud!

I love that line, having watched the DVD last weekend.  Wish I had done so BEFORE the Portland show.  Gained a lot of respect for them. 

BTW, expect a package soon with the She & Him X-mas LP and a certain DVD...  Oh, and my MMJ/NYC/MSG "luggage".  ;)

headhunter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 28, 2011, 04:17 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Nov 28, 2011, 04:05 PM

I love that line, having watched the DVD last weekend.  Wish I had done so BEFORE the Portland show.  Gained a lot of respect for them. 

BTW, expect a package soon with the She & Him X-mas LP and a certain DVD...  Oh, and my MMJ/NYC/MSG "luggage".  ;)
:). Thanks in advance.  Wish we were going to have more time to hang when you come in next month.  Would love to spin some vinyl with ya!  I will have some goodies for you too to bring back north.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 29, 2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks to flyguy :thumbsup:

Nice picks! Where'd you score We All Belong??

Ruckus

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Nov 30, 2011, 12:10 AM

Flyguy was kind enough to snag a copy from merch at the Nashville show and send it out.  Awesome peoples :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

jones

Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 30, 2011, 12:15 AM

Flyguy was kind enough to snag a copy from merch at the Nashville show and send it out.  Awesome peoples :)
Awwww.... Who is this flyguy you speak of? ;D  Glad to do it, man.  Enjoy! :beer:

YA GTF, they are selling all of the studio LPs at the shows. 

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: jones on Nov 30, 2011, 10:12 AM

Awwww.... Who is this flyguy you speak of? ;D  Glad to do it, man.  Enjoy! :beer:

I had heard that, but they didn't have them at that philly show last week. Just the 7". Hopefully there will be some left after they close out the tour in Philly in March.

jones

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Nov 30, 2011, 11:10 AM
Quote from: jones on Nov 30, 2011, 10:12 AM

I had heard that, but they didn't have them at that philly show last week. Just the 7". Hopefully there will be some left after they close out the tour in Philly in March.
Yeah, in Chattanooga they had all of them front and center at the merch table.  The guy working the table told me that they were only selling them at shows.  I wonder why they didn't set them out at the Kung Fu show... Odd.

johnnYYac

Flyguy = jones !!!

I had no idea.  Wondered what happened to ya.  Shit.  Welcome back!  ;D

Jon T.

jones

Well, since I outed myself I guess it's time to change my handle again... ;D  Some folks never lost the trail, though.

/I get bored easily
//I haven't been flying lately
///It could make for an entertaining forum game

j_rud

Heard today on Sirius XMU that Feist and Mastodon are collaborating on a 7" for Record Store day. Here's a quote I found...

Quote"The idea is for Mastodon to cover a Feist song and throw some hair and dirt on it," Sanders said. "They're going to take a Mastodon song and pretty it up a little bit."
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

ChronicHunger

Mastodon to cover a Feist song
^thats awesome, although im not a huge fan of there new album.

Also awesome

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 26, 2011, 12:54 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 25, 2011, 08:25 PM
If anyone picked up a spare copy of this Wilco EP, I'd love to discuss taking it off your hands.

Nevermind.  I scored one on eBay for $20!  I'm happy.

If anyone is still looking for this, it is available at Wilco's webstore for $14.