What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

Quote from: scosby2 on Dec 18, 2013, 01:05 AM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Dec 18, 2013, 01:34 AM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Dec 17, 2013, 12:56 PM
This is my newest vinyl:

I cannot get over how great it sounds.  Also, the bonus tracks on the last LP are great.  I really like the live version of How to Fight Loneliness.

This and Okonokos are generally in constant rotation on my player.

I also love the extraas you get on the vinyl edition. How to Fight Loneliness is great! The bonus of Kamera/Monday/Outta Site is awesome as well.

got this gem a few years ago when it came out on record store day when not as many people were buying records...and those bastards used to laugh at me when I started buying nothing but vinyl around 2005...about 900 records later and growing exponentially...who's laughing now...headhunter has the ultimate vinyl library though...it's quite amazing...as is his turntable

thanks for the compliment seth.  i've been addicted to vinyl for over 35 years now and my collection keeps on multiplying.  records are really the only thing that i spend  $$$ for myself (other than concert tickets).  i too bought that Kicking Television box set on RSD when it came out and it is one of my all-time favorite live box sets.  Probably just a slight #2 behind Okonokos.   
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Hawkeye

I wish I had Kicking TV and Okonokos on vinyl, but I'm not going to pay the kind of prices they're asking these days...so unless I come across a deal, I'll have to settle for Kicking TV on CD and Okonokos on DVD  :tongue:

Some of these vinyl prices are crazy.  I was looking to buy PJ's Binaural on vinyl and the cheapest I could find it at was like $250?!  Hoping for a re-issue...
We could.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Hawkeye on Dec 19, 2013, 10:20 AM
I wish I had Kicking TV and Okonokos on vinyl, but I'm not going to pay the kind of prices they're asking these days...so unless I come across a deal, I'll have to settle for Kicking TV on CD and Okonokos on DVD  :tongue:

Some of these vinyl prices are crazy.  I was looking to buy PJ's Binaural on vinyl and the cheapest I could find it at was like $250?!  Hoping for a re-issue...

Kicking Television is still being printed, so it is around $70 online and at any local record store that carries it.  My girlfriend bought mine for Christmas when Wilco had their store sale.  Okonokos is ridiculously expensive now though...
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

e_wind

I was inspired by EC post

AND:

I completed my Wilco LP collection (have quite a few 7"s left to buy)
I I only need 3 MMJ vinyls left to complete. Unfortunately one of those is that Jim James autographed test press or whatever
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Hawkeye

We could.

rincon2

I just saw an OPENED ONCE PLAYED vinyl of Okonokos on Ebay starting at $350. Is that guy an idiot, or would someone pay that? (if the seller is posting here, no offense, you just got BALLS!!!)

Ruckus

Quote from: rincon2 on Dec 27, 2013, 09:22 PM

I just saw an OPENED ONCE PLAYED vinyl of Okonokos on Ebay starting at $350. Is that guy an idiot, or would someone pay that? (if the seller is posting here, no offense, you just got BALLS!!!)
So is he/she an idiot or does he/she have BALLS?!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

wolof7

Hey Ruckus, I approve of each of those purchases. Good choices my friend  :beer:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Wax Fang - The Astronaut (limited editon of 100 white vinyl)

Deal of the day on Pop Market

Record Store Day release (10")

7" b/w Where's The Money

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rincon2

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 28, 2013, 03:06 PM

Just covering the bases. Maybe it is oves. Is that price practical?

GO4IT

Quote from: rincon2 on Dec 28, 2013, 08:41 PM

Let me just say that I listened to the box set vinyl Okonokos last night with my new cartridge and it is amazing.  I hadn't listened in a while and wasn't planning on playing the whole thing but once I got started there was no turning back.

I got the album a long time ago and the pressing is really stellar.  It shows why live performances are what this band is all about.

rincon2

Quote from: GO4IT on Dec 29, 2013, 12:41 AM
Quote from: rincon2 on Dec 28, 2013, 08:41 PM

Let me just say that I listened to the box set vinyl Okonokos last night with my new cartridge and it is amazing.  I hadn't listened in a while and wasn't planning on playing the whole thing but once I got started there was no turning back.

I got the album a long time ago and the pressing is really stellar.  It shows why live performances are what this band is all about.
Agree 100%. Just a little alarmed that a once played version going for $350. I inherited a thousand or so albums, and even an unopened Smithsonian history of Jazz piano from 1980, 6 LP's, is worth $15. Mint condition Mosaic 100 LP Complete Commodore Jazz collection is under $1000, and there were only less than a thousand made. If Okonokos is going used for $350, maybe they should considering making some more, at a "reasonable" price like $75. Regardless of the stellar image the band projects, I am sure they are still in this business to make some $$.

Crispy

Ah, the joys of a new cartridge! I agree, MMJ and Badman should really do another pressing of Orkonorkos.

Here are some highlights from my binge at that recent Tulsa vinyl show:

(nearly mint!)

(a FACT∙XXV UK first pressing!)

And I finally got this in the mail:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

parkervb

Wifey got me a record store gift card and my boss gave me an Amazon gift card resulting in:

Near-Mint+ with postcards

As well as:

Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

Ruckus

I would love to plunder your vinyl collection some time Os.  Finally got this and it is awesome!  I love the alternate En Garde with the different third verse

subinai

CountSA

Quote from: Osistheones on Jan 14, 2014, 08:00 PM

How is that? I'm a huge John Frusciante fan but his last 2 releases didn't do much for me.

Come Closer

I haven't listened to anything Frusciante has done since The Empyrean until this project. The production is really impressive for his first foray into hip-hop. The emcees aren't amazing, but overall it's solid to me.