Jeremy Kittel's Blog

Started by TMGri5th, Jan 26, 2011, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMGri5th

This article just came across my Google alerts.  Some very interesting insight/commentary on the new album and how far along they are in the recording process:

http://jeremykittel.com/2011/01/my-morning-jacket/

touchingmept2

Outstanding!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Jon T.

mahg33ta

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

EasyRyder

STRIIINGS!! ECHO-O-OO CHAMBER!! oooh yeaaa
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

bluesky

"the songs are beautiful, real and often immense"

:D

Schmokenvontoken

I was just thinking.  They said they were going back to the original rawness of AD and TTF-> and what a wonderful bonus it would be to hear those songs with Cello and Other Orchestral Instruments!  I mean who knows.  they probs will bring these dudes or others on tour and arrange the oldies to be revitalized,  Wondeful with violas = good game.  Circuital, sweet baby jesus im excited!
There will be Bigotry and Open Minds*
There will be days of Peace~
I hope you have the Time^

BH

Good stuff!  I'm trying not to think about it.   It's gonna be a good summer.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

el_chode

Quote from: Schmokenvontoken on Jan 26, 2011, 10:06 PM
I was just thinking.  They said they were going back to the original rawness of AD and TTF-> and what a wonderful bonus it would be to hear those songs with Cello and Other Orchestral Instruments!  I mean who knows.  they probs will bring these dudes or others on tour and arrange the oldies to be revitalized,  Wondeful with violas = good game.  Circuital, sweet baby jesus im excited!

Mark my words! The dawning of a new age of Kashmir is upon us! We will soon have the next great stringed epic at our finger tips! In 25 years, a sham artist known as Spliff Uncle will make a song for a horrible remake of Cloverfield and rap over the music for this song, and kids will accuse that "old fogey band" of MMJ of ripping off Spliff Uncle!

You heard it here, folks

On an entirely unrelated note, how about the guys just give a finger to the recording industry and make this shit a double album. We don't need 20 songs, you can do like 12. 6 per disc. Mix it as such, 2 openers, 2 closers. The art is in the album. The business is music. Show the industry who's boss!
I'm surrounded by assholes

twofingers

His little write up gave me chills.
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

e_wind

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 26, 2011, 11:38 PM

Mark my words! The dawning of a new age of Kashmir is upon us! We will soon have the next great stringed epic at our finger tips! In 25 years, a sham artist known as Spliff Uncle will make a song for a horrible remake of Cloverfield and rap over the music for this song, and kids will accuse that "old fogey band" of MMJ of ripping off Spliff Uncle!

You heard it here, folks

On an entirely unrelated note, how about the guys just give a finger to the recording industry and make this shit a double album. We don't need 20 songs, you can do like 12. 6 per disc. Mix it as such, 2 openers, 2 closers. The art is in the album. The business is music. Show the industry who's boss!

I'll take whatever gets us music faster. Im surprised we haven't gotten any official word yet if they plan on releasing this album before these summer festivals.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

el_chode

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 28, 2011, 01:03 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Jan 26, 2011, 11:38 PM

You heard it here, folks

I'll take whatever gets us music faster. Im surprised we haven't gotten any official word yet if they plan on releasing this album before these summer festivals.

For some reason I have May in my head
I'm surrounded by assholes

EasyRyder

So instead of May flowers, April showers would bring....a new My Morning Jacket album??

Sorry, I Couldn't resist  ::) my vibes tell me sometime in the glorious month of May too.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

weeniebeenie

Nice find!! Can't wait for the album.
How loud can silence get?

Bigsky

All I can say is after the amount of snow we have on the ground (and we keep getting more), I am ready to have the new album thaw me out...come on spring!

TGMC421

Quote from: Bigsky on Jan 31, 2011, 12:43 PM
All I can say is after the amount of snow we have on the ground (and we keep getting more), I am ready to have the new album thaw me out...come on spring!

Amen!