ATTENTION NYC Fan Forum Members

Started by CC, Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

This might be the first place people see a new song ???
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

subinai

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 18, 2011, 12:27 AM
This might be the first place people see a new song ???

and the story behind it!

ynwa

so, i guess it's just silly of me to still be hopeful at this point, huh?  like, maybe cc baxter's tip to mention that we're from the forum will come into play when some of those "allocated" seats free up from people cancelling ???  these are the things that keep running thru my head.  self torture/denial?

but i'm super happy for our Br00ke!  she will absolutely represent us well.  i was with her when she rocked the eff out on the rail @ the ramble & T5.  she'll do us proud alright.  i think this may be a little good karma coming back to her (letterman).

:thumbsup:
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

bluesky

Brooke! Meet me next Thursday night for bourbon after the performance and I will dictate the experience and post it for you!!!  :-* :-* :-*

BH

QuoteHowever, as people cancel, and more seats are added, we add more people. This is why we would NEVER send a rejection letter, because there is always a chance of getting in, and we wouldn't exclude anyone so quickly.

Don't give up hope!

(I knew that couldn't be true.  Who would write such a thing?)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

eleaf14

Still holding out hope, but I am beginning to wonder if being outside of New York...hurts my chances.

Edited to include: I would still kickdown for airfare, because it is my 30th birthday next Thurs.

johnnYYac

I'm wondering what size crowd will be at this taping.  Unless a number of forum members were chosen and haven't posted, only 3 members were chosen (2 of whom are relatively new or infrequent posters). 

I'm assuming at least 50 people in the audience, probably more.  Is there some other MMJ fan group I am unaware of?  Am I in the wrong place for true blue hardcore MMJ fans? 

I know the answer.  Kinda weird.  I was expecting to hear that dozens of forum members would populate this event, as seems right and appropriate. 

I never was able to consider this but, like many, have been holding out hope for as many of you as can make it.  Here's hoping there is another wave of acceptance emails in the next few days.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

br00ke

like the letterman thing .. i think more will end up going to this come tape time.

val, we should definitely meet up if you aren't there yourself  :-* :-*

el_chode

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 18, 2011, 09:45 AM
I'm wondering what size crowd will be at this taping.  Unless a number of forum members were chosen and haven't posted, only 3 members were chosen (2 of whom are relatively new or infrequent posters). 

I'm assuming at least 50 people in the audience, probably more.  Is there some other MMJ fan group I am unaware of?  Am I in the wrong place for true blue hardcore MMJ fans? 

I know the answer.  Kinda weird.  I was expecting to hear that dozens of forum members would populate this event, as seems right and appropriate. 

I never was able to consider this but, like many, have been holding out hope for as many of you as can make it.  Here's hoping there is another wave of acceptance emails in the next few days.

Not gonna lie, I was thinking that this might be the one time that incessantly posting on a message board actually has a benefit
I'm surrounded by assholes

marshmeli

there should be more than 50 people at the taping

The one I went to at BAM had prob about 600-700 people (there were empty seats and they let other fans in who didnt have tickets, to fill up seats)

The one I went to Avalon had a smaller crowd, but still a few hundred...

headhunter

Congrats Brooke (& guest ), have a "wonderful" time.    :)   Should be a really special time.

The rest of us will wait until the spring to watch it on TV
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Willy

Please don't take this the wrong way (I'm definitely not trying to offend) but I think it's important to remember that there are "devout" MMJ fans out in the world who aren't regular forum posters. I respect all of you guys for your input and enthusiasm for the band (as I've been reading this forum - not posting - for over 2 years) but don't think that just because you "got that old time feeling" then you're a more deserving fan that Jimmy Bob who lives in his car without a computer. Once again I'm not trying to offend just making an observation. Good luck everyone! Maybe somebody will drop out in the future and some more of us will get in!
"Welcome......you newb"

br00ke

Quote from: headhunter on Feb 18, 2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats Brooke (& guest ), have a "wonderful" time.    :)   Should be a really special time.

our very own pennylane will be my guest as we both agreed to put eachother's name down before submitting our e.mails  :thumbsup:

e_wind

Quote from: Willy on Feb 18, 2011, 10:41 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way (I'm definitely not trying to offend) but I think it's important to remember that there are "devout" MMJ fans out in the world who aren't regular forum posters. I respect all of you guys for your input and enthusiasm for the band (as I've been reading this forum - not posting - for over 2 years) but don't think that just because you "got that old time feeling" then you're a more deserving fan that Jimmy Bob who lives in his car without a computer. Once again I'm not trying to offend just making an observation. Good luck everyone! Maybe somebody will drop out in the future and some more of us will get in!

I don't think that anyone believes if you don't post here you aren't the biggest fan. Hell I post over on the F'Lips website and the Black Keys occasionally but I'm not a hardcore fan of either of those bands. I think that because a lot of the people on here have built friendships, a lot of people would like to see some more NYC posters get chosen. And, the forum posters that were on at the right time were the first ones to find out about it, and the first ones to respond, as far as I know.

ynwa

wait, 3 forum members?  i thought i only saw 2 - Br00ke & Rats21... who's the 3rd? 

i'd like to say that i don't think someone who has thousands of posts should be considered more deserving of tickets than a newbie or lurker.  maybe that's because i was a fan of the music long before i checked out the forum and then did just lurk for a while before actually registerring.

forums aren't everyone's cup of tea but that doesn't mean they can't also be a superfan.

just my 2 cents  :)
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

e_wind

Quote from: br00ke on Feb 18, 2011, 10:47 AM
Quote from: headhunter on Feb 18, 2011, 10:31 AM

our very own pennylane will be my guest as we both agreed to put eachother's name down before submitting our e.mails  :thumbsup:

Geniuses right here.

mahg33ta

Your point is excellent, and not taken the wrong way.   I meet people at the shows all the time who are clearly diehards and sometimes don't even know about the forum (I usually try to steer them here).   

That said, it seems like the primary mechanism for ticket distribution was via the posting on the website and through the forum.   We are at least the fans with the biggest on-line presence, so that's why I thought many of us would be accepted - because we'd be the ones applying.   

How did Jimmy Bob living in a car without a computer submit his ticket request?

The distinction for me: not that we're more deserving, just that we're most likely to have heard about and responded within 24 hours.   Seems like a process tailor made for forum junkies, so I too wonder - who got the tickets?

rats21

I'm not a regular poster, but I came out of hiding (as I thought others would) to talk about getting tickets so we could get an idea of how many really got them.

I've been a fan forever, went to all five T5 shows and Live at Letterman (thanks, Br00ke) last October and the jacket is definitely my favorite live show in the world.

I saw the board post at 1am on Tuesday night and was up discussing it til well past 3am.  There are relatively few fans who actually post on here and I would imagine there is a large multiple of lurkers compared to the posters.

I hope more of you "regulars" find a way to make it into this show and I wouldnt give up hope yet.  Gotham casting said that they would be continuously adding people as more people can't make it.

Definitely counting my lucky stars for getting selected.

Willy

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 18, 2011, 10:49 AM

Your point is excellent, and not taken the wrong way.   I meet people at the shows all the time who are clearly diehards and sometimes don't even know about the forum (I usually try to steer them here).   

That said, it seems like the primary mechanism for ticket distribution was via the posting on the website and through the forum.   We are at least the fans with the biggest on-line presence, so that's why I thought many of us would be accepted - because we'd be the ones applying.   

The distinction for me: not that we're more deserving, just that we're most likely to have heard about and responded within 24 hours.   Seems like a process tailor made for forum junkies, so I too wonder - who got the tickets?

Very good point. Sorry for my attitude. I post on other forums where people feel they need to measure their faithfulness through the amount of hours they spend on a computer...it seems to me like some people spend more time on their computer instead of listening to the music. But what am I saying? THis is the MMJ forum....MMJ fans are the greatest fans that have ever entered into fanaticism!
"Welcome......you newb"

mahg33ta

Quote from: Willy on Feb 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 18, 2011, 10:49 AM

Very good point. Sorry for my attitude. I post on other forums where people feel they need to measure their faithfulness through the amount of hours they spend on a computer...it seems to me like some people spend more time on their computer instead of listening to the music. But what am I saying? THis is the MMJ forum....MMJ fans are the greatest fans that have ever entered into fanaticism!

I wasn't trying to argue with you - nor should you apologize for my attitude.   Here's another way to say what I'm trying to say.    One of my very good friends, Sean "Riley" as some here call him, is a huge MMJ fan - calls them his favorite band, got T5 tix for 40th bday, traveled w/ me to Merriweather, etc... etc...   Never been to the forum and has no time or interest.    I would not call myself a bigger fan than him.   So sure he is "deserving" of tix (if that's even a concept), but he had no clue about Storytellers and I doubt would have known about it if I hadn't mentioned it to him last night.   By then dozens of forum members had likely already submitted requests.