ATTENTION NYC Fan Forum Members

Started by CC, Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wamsankas

He didn't play by the rules! 1 entry per day! he tweeted multiple per day.... I WANNTT  TOOO GOOO

ynwa

Quote from: Honest Man on Feb 23, 2011, 01:05 PM
Wow! Yeah that was def the Gaga concert last night at MSG. I see patrick pounding those beers so it makes it less painful sitting through that.

hmmm, i'd be willing to bet that it was a pretty entertaining show.  also, the people-watching must've been spectacular!   :D
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

tdb810

Quote from: wamsankas on Feb 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
He didn't play by the rules! 1 entry per day! he tweeted multiple per day.... I WANNTT  TOOO GOOO

hey I saw that too!!!! what up with that? 
.....Back at the Model Home

vespachick

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 23, 2011, 02:25 PM
Quote from: wamsankas on Feb 23, 2011, 01:44 PM

hey I saw that too!!!! what up with that?

Oh, Okay.  So THAT's why I didn't win.  I didn't read all of the rules.  I multi-tweeted too.  :embarassed: :'(
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

JaneCool

Have fun tomorrow Brooke and Penny, of course I know you will! I'm really excited for you! (and a bit envious, must be honest here) ;)
I can't wait to hear all about it!  8)
So, I do believe.....

jbaruch76

can someone pm me the info for tonight? pretty please with sugar on top.
:dankk2:

subinai

ynwa

contently resigned to living it thru your your tales later  :beer:

Dodobird

Agreed Ghost! Have a great time Brooke and Penny! Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

lasvegas

what a joke this whole thing was.

terrible.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

jones

wamsankas

i am disappointed... but also super psyched to watch it once it airs

lil sis

Well, at least we have a possible viewing party to look forward to.  Can't wait to hear every detail from Brooke & Penny!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

rappisupa

brooke and penny, pleasure to meet you and sit next to you guys, still on such an emotional high, i just wrote notes with jims comments next to each song on the setlist and would love to share them out....see ya at the merc lounge tomorrow!

ynwa

Quote from: rappisupa on Feb 25, 2011, 01:31 AM
brooke and penny, pleasure to meet you and sit next to you guys, still on such an emotional high, i just wrote notes with jims comments next to each song on the setlist and would love to share them out....see ya at the merc lounge tomorrow!

congrats on being part of this special performance & welcome to the fold!  just looking over the setlist makes me very green w/ envy  :beer:  i really can't wait for the show to air, those songs, pondering what the stories behind them are - it's all so intriguing.

br00ke

great to meet ya  :thumbsup:

Penny Lane

Quote from: ynwa on Feb 25, 2011, 10:36 AM

congrats on being part of this special performance & welcome to the fold!  just looking over the setlist makes me very green w/ envy  :beer:  i really can't wait for the show to air, those songs, pondering what the stories behind them are - it's all so intriguing.

hey there, rap! good to meet you and share it with you and your friend...thank goodness we saw you guys coming out of the train--because you were nice enough to let us stay once we found out we completely cut the line...i have to back out of Futurebirds tonight, i'm in the midst of moving and am not as far along as i thought. but enjoy the show and enjoy Roadside Graves, too...see you at show in the future i'm sure!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

1978SGJ

Quote from: Honest Man on Feb 23, 2011, 01:05 PM
Wow! Yeah that was def the Gaga concert last night at MSG. I see patrick pounding those beers so it makes it less painful sitting through that.

i'm sure the boys were all like, "let's do something different tonight; i know! we'll go see that tranny in hiding lady gagsalot!! should be good for a few laughs." haha - i'd rather watch a donkey sex show, a gay donkey sex show then subject myself to her/his "music".

lasvegas

http://www.jambands.com/news/2011/02/25/my-morning-jacket-tapes-storytellers-in-new-york

QuoteVH1 taped a My Morning Jacket performance at a television studio on 106th St. in Manhattan for an upcoming episode of Storytellers last night. The band played for an audience of approximately 150 people, including 60 fans chosen from approximately 2,000 email requests for free tickets (fans were asked to submit a series of Storytellers questions and reasons why the band is special to them in the email). The rest of the audience was comprised of the band's management, label representatives, family members and other guests.The show ran for two hours and included Q&A's between most songs. Unlike some classic episodes of Storytellers, the members of MMJ played electric for most of the show, though frontman Jim James played acoustic on a few numbers. The band also previewed a few songs from its forthcoming album—which is due out later this spring—including the recent tour staple "Circuital" as well as "Movin' Away" and "Lullabies, Legends & Lies" ("Movin' Away" was actually played twice due to an era in the recording). Of the new album, the band said it is more "milk than Sprite." The taping featured some more tender moments, too. A teary-eyed James explained that "Dondante" was written about a childhood friend who was a musical prodigy and later took his own life. James told a heartfelt story about a dream he had that he met his friend again in heaven. James revealed that the group's anthem "One Big Holiday" was inspired by the Beasties Boys' "No Sleep till Brooklyn" that reflects the band's early, naive belief touring would be all about "sex, drugs and rock and roll." He also mentioned that the "Golden" line "bars are dark and lonely" was inspired by a conversation James had with his grandma and mentioned that he's been playing music with My Morning Jacket drummer Patrick Hallahan since the 4th grade. Additional reporting by Jamie Widder

Here's a look at last night's setlist
Wordless Chorus
The Way That He Sings
Golden
Circuital
Movin' Away
Dondante
Gideon
Smokin' from Shootin
Movin' Away (second take)
Lullabies, Legends &Lies
One Big Holiday
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: lasvegas on Feb 25, 2011, 12:02 PM

http://www.jambands.com/news/2011/02/25/my-morning-jacket-tapes-storytellers-in-new-york

QuoteVH1 taped a My Morning Jacket performance at a television studio on 106th St. in Manhattan for an upcoming episode of Storytellers last night. The band played for an audience of approximately 150 people, including 60 fans chosen from approximately 2,000 email requests for free tickets (fans were asked to submit a series of Storytellers questions and reasons why the band is special to them in the email). The rest of the audience was comprised of the band's management, label representatives, family members and other guests.The show ran for two hours and included Q&A's between most songs. Unlike some classic episodes of Storytellers, the members of MMJ played electric for most of the show, though frontman Jim James played acoustic on a few numbers. The band also previewed a few songs from its forthcoming album—which is due out later this spring—including the recent tour staple "Circuital" as well as "Movin' Away" and "Lullabies, Legends & Lies" ("Movin' Away" was actually played twice due to an era in the recording). Of the new album, the band said it is more "milk than Sprite." The taping featured some more tender moments, too. A teary-eyed James explained that "Dondante" was written about a childhood friend who was a musical prodigy and later took his own life. James told a heartfelt story about a dream he had that he met his friend again in heaven. James revealed that the group's anthem "One Big Holiday" was inspired by the Beasties Boys' "No Sleep till Brooklyn" that reflects the band's early, naive belief touring would be all about "sex, drugs and rock and roll." He also mentioned that the "Golden" line "bars are dark and lonely" was inspired by a conversation James had with his grandma and mentioned that he's been playing music with My Morning Jacket drummer Patrick Hallahan since the 4th grade. Additional reporting by Jamie Widder

Here's a look at last night's setlist
Wordless Chorus
The Way That He Sings
Golden
Circuital
Movin' Away
Dondante
Gideon
Smokin' from Shootin
Movin' Away (second take)
Lullabies, Legends &Lies
One Big Holiday