Main Menu

Tame Impala

Started by Ruckus, Feb 16, 2011, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmooney99

kotchishm

Currents is out there for those who want to search. And man I love it. Huge change in their sound. Lots of bass and synths.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

bartel

Quote from: kotchishm on Jul 06, 2015, 09:17 AM
Currents is out there for those who want to search. And man I love it. Huge change in their sound. Lots of bass and synths.

has a lot going on but am digging.

APR

logan5ive

Awesome album! Can't stop listening to it.
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Come Closer

^ Yup. At first I was like yeah it's decent, and now it's on repeat.

capt. scotty

Not sure how I feel about this new one. Not bad, just sounds like something to play for background music than something I want to crank up. Theyve kind of lost me since Innerspeaker.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wonderfulman

LOVEEEEEEE the new record.

I know that the lack of guitars has struck a nerve with a lot of people, but think about this; how many musicians have completely scrapped their guitars and stayed true to their musical identity? Kevin Parker has proven that he can write great riffs, bass lines and synth tracks. The major stylistic changes just proves that his arsenal is pretty much unlimited.

APR

Quote from: wonderfulman on Jul 21, 2015, 05:26 PM

I know that the lack of guitars has struck a nerve with a lot of people, but think about this; how many musicians have completely scrapped their guitars and stayed true to their musical identity? Kevin Parker has proven that he can write great riffs, bass lines and synth tracks. The major stylistic changes just proves that his arsenal is pretty much unlimited.

My favorite non-guitar rock album in years.  I don't even think it's a rock album.  I'm not a synth fan, but this album is outstanding!  That one song with the deep voice guy (Past Life) doesn't work for me at all.  Kevin Parker is a super talent.  I wouldn't be surprised if the next album has more guitar and has it front and center.  Clearly Kevin isn't afraid to mix things up.

ffghtrs

YEAH one hell of an album!  Currents is on fire.  can't wait to see these guys live!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

dmooney99

I like it a lot, not sure if i like it as much as Lonerism or Innerspeaker.  I think there are a few "filler" songs on here.  Cause I'm a Man might be my fav song off the album (had it stuck in my head the past few days)

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: APR on Jul 22, 2015, 03:23 PM
Quote from: wonderfulman on Jul 21, 2015, 05:26 PM

My favorite non-guitar rock album in years.  I don't even think it's a rock album.  I'm not a synth fan, but this album is outstanding!  That one song with the deep voice guy (Past Life) doesn't work for me at all.  Kevin Parker is a super talent.  I wouldn't be surprised if the next album has more guitar and has it front and center.  Clearly Kevin isn't afraid to mix things up.

Agreed with past life, this along with a couple other songs should've been left off to make a shorter, tighter album. I like the album but it's definitely not their best like some are saying.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!