The T5 countdown to Circuital

Started by CC, Mar 03, 2011, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Erik26 on Mar 24, 2011, 02:51 PM
Any guesses for next week. At this point I think it will be Gideon, Wordless or Anytime. Hoping for Dondante or Into the Woods personally.

Gideon is my guess (good recording of the extended version would be nice)  i hope dondante but mmj won't give us the pleasure. my fantasy is i could never take the place of your man but they won't release covers. prince isn't that nice.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Mar 25, 2011, 02:42 AM
Quote from: Erik26 on Mar 24, 2011, 02:51 PM
Any guesses for next week. At this point I think it will be Gideon, Wordless or Anytime. Hoping for Dondante or Into the Woods personally.

Gideon is my guess (good recording of the extended version would be nice)  i hope dondante but mmj won't give us the pleasure. my fantasy is i could never take the place of your man but they won't release covers. prince isn't that nice.

I could never take the place of your man has technically been released before though, Bonnaroo 05.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Dillsnufus

Yea but unless I'm listening the wrong recording the quality isn't that good
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Mar 25, 2011, 09:28 AM
Yea but unless I'm listening the wrong recording the quality isn't that good

Yeah, its not that great. It's soundboard, but its not mixed or anything. My point was that it was allowed to be released.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

wolof7

Quote from: The DARK on Mar 25, 2011, 01:25 AM
Lay Low please!

Has there been significant disucssions around the awesomeness of that song? It's in my MMJ top 5. I'm still surprised that humanity has not adopted it as its anthem. It really isn't a well known Jacket song to the casual fan or beyond. I think I want to die to the double guitar solo at the end just like I want to be reborn to David Bowie's Starman.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Quote from: wolof7 on Mar 25, 2011, 10:34 AM
Lay Low please!

Has there been significant disucssions around the awesomeness of that song? It's in my MMJ top 5. I'm still surprised that humanity has not adopted it as its anthem. It really isn't a well known Jacket song to the casual fan or beyond. I think I want to die to the double guitar solo at the end just like I want to be reborn to David Bowie's Starman.
Lay Low is probably the song most responsible for my love of MMJ.  The sexy lyrics and Allman-esque guitar jam sold me on this band like nothing before it.  Like the partial Run Thru and Rolling Back teases from the 2010 tour, hearing the mid-point jam after Good Intentions left me with music-induced blue balls in Vermont, Mansfield, and Portland.  I hate to think what's gonna happen when I hear my next complete Lay Low.  Stand clear!

LAY LOW

LAY LOW WHY DON'T YA NOW? LAY BACK AWHILE AND I'LL SHOW YA – I GOT THE GOOD THAT YOU WANT NO
NEED TO GO AND – HUNT SOMETHING ELSE – IT'S RIGHT HERE WITH ME – WHEN YOU STAY.
IT'S ALWAYS GOOD WHEN I GET TO SEE THAT THERE'S NEVER MORE THAN WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME WHEN YOU
STAY – HOME
LAY LOW IF THE FEEL IS RIGHT – (LET THE FETUS ROCK) I GOT ALL THAT I WANT HERE IN YOU TONITE AND WE'LL PASS OUT
ON THE BEDROOM FLOOR AFTER GOIN LIKE THIS (FULL TILT) SO LONG.
HOLD UP – YOU SHOWED ME. OH WHAT YOU TOLD ME – IT'S NOT WHAT YOU WANT BUT WHAT YOU NEED IT'S NOT
A HEAD FULL OF BOOZE (PILLS) OR AMPHETAMINES – WHEN YOU STAY.
IT'S ALWAYS GOOD WHEN I GET TO SEE THAT THERE'S NEVER MORE THAN WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME WHEN YOU
STAY – HOME.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

wolof7

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 25, 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Mar 25, 2011, 10:34 AM
Lay Low please!

I hate to think what's gonna happen when I hear my next complete Lay Low.  Stand clear!

ralph

Just listened to T5 OBH really fucking LOUD! Oh Man... They're pretty good at what they do I reckon.  ;)
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

CHIMMJFAN

I really hope we get "Into the Woods" that song reminds me of driving on road trips to go see MMJ!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Dillsnufus

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Mar 26, 2011, 03:14 PM
I really hope we get "Into the Woods" that song reminds me of driving on road trips to go see MMJ!

CHIMMJFAN

yea would love to get better audio for my video.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

EasyRyder

anticipation is approaching maximal capacity for MMJ March Monday Madness  :D :D :D

me and baby fetus would be much obliged to have some lay low jam generously spread on our toast tomorrow morning   :coffee:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

rusty95

guess: Wordless, Gideon, Anytime
want: It Beats, OTR, WAWM

Actually, does it really matter? 

Y'all got any disco ball back there?

johnnYYac

Z song within the next 24 hours!  What will it be?  I can't choose; I'll be happy, regardless.  Just hope it happens before 8 pm this time!

2010-10-22 Terminal 5 - New York City, NY

1. Wordless Chorus
2. It Beats 4 U
3. Gideon
4. What A Wonderful Man
5. Off The Record
6. Into The Woods
7. Anytime
8. Lay Low
9. Knot Comes Loose
10. Dondante
----------
11. Chills
12. Lullabys, Legends And Lies (Shel Silverstein)
13. Where To Begin
14. How Do You Know
15. Hit It And Quit It (Funkadelic)
16. A Quick One While He's Away (The Who)
17. I Could Never Take The Pace Of Your Man (Prince)
18. Careless Whisper (George Michael)

Im The Dude

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 27, 2011, 11:25 PM
Z song within the next 24 hours!  What will it be?  I can't choose; I'll be happy, regardless.  Just hope it happens before 8 pm this time!

1. Wordless Chorus
2. It Beats 4 U
3. Gideon
4. What A Wonderful Man
5. Off The Record6. Into The Woods
7. Anytime
8. Lay Low9. Knot Comes Loose
10. Dondante----------
11. Chills
13. Where To Begin
14. How Do You Know

Johnny,

I pick those three....
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

johnnYYac

Quote from: Im The Dude on Mar 28, 2011, 12:30 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 27, 2011, 11:25 PM

1. Wordless Chorus
2. It Beats 4 U
3. Gideon
4. What A Wonderful Man
5. Off The Record6. Into The Woods
7. Anytime
8. Lay Low9. Knot Comes Loose
10. Dondante----------
11. Chills
13. Where To Begin
14. How Do You Know

Johnny,

I pick those three....
Nice picks.  Wonderful Man is another favorite, but its kinda short, even on a good day, and I'd love Dondante, but its pretty lengthy, so I kinda doubt it'll be the one. 

Anticipation...

wolof7

How Do You Know has always been one of my favorite early/rarity songs, I would be ecstatic if I could hear that today. I can't take the anticipation of these releases anymore, I'm gonna try and put it outta my head til later tonight.

goldbondking

What were the singles released (if any) when The Tennessee Fire and At Dawn came out?  I'm guessing Off The Record today, just seems to be the trend to make the T5 release "singlesque".

touchingmept2

When I hear the studio version "Anytime" it always gets me when I hear "Dang It" in the first 5 seconds! ;D
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

BH

Hoping for a Knot Comes Loose, Into The Woods or Lay Low.   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.