Jazzfest 2011

Started by Hawkeye, Mar 23, 2011, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

Didn't see a thread for this.  Anyone going this year?  Me and my buddy are planning on it, but it's looking pricey.  Tickets themselves are only $180 for 4 days but a $600 flight, hotels, shuttles, taxis, food, drinks...I'm thinking $1500.

Anybody been and know how to do it on the cheap(er)?  Suggestions on where to stay, where to eat, what to do...any suggestions would be good!
We could.

ALady

Are you friends with Sassbox/Lila or NoVaNoLa/Sha on Facebook?  Either of those ladies would be a great resource - I think Sass has done 20-some JazzFests.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TheBigChicken

Where ya at Easy....
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

NoVa_NoLa

Well, I'm a little late to get to this one, but if you're out there and still coming to Fest...Yippeee!!!!

If I had my act together, I'd have an MMJ flag or something flying out in front of my apt.  But my act is not together...that said, I live dangerously close to the Fairgrounds.   :)  If you see me, say hello.  Stop by after Fest for a cold beverage.  :)

Oh, Happy Jazz Fest!

EasyRyder

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Mar 25, 2011, 10:00 PM
Where ya at Easy....

Sorry for the late response!! Sadly I won't be able to make it this year because I'm taking the MCAT TOMORROW (yikes) and my final exams are all during the next week....skools for fules.

I'm massively bummed mainly b/c I'll be missing the fess jazztival shows at Tips and the Preservation hall shows (isn't Warren doing one?). The late nighters this year are completely ridiculous...

Are you headed westwards for the fest, Chicken??
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Ruckus

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 28, 2011, 12:37 PM
Where ya at Easy....

Sorry for the late response!! Sadly I won't be able to make it this year because I'm taking the MCAT TOMORROW (yikes) and my final exams are all during the next week....skools for fules.

I'm massively bummed mainly b/c I'll be missing the fess jazztival shows at Tips and the Preservation hall shows (isn't Warren doing one?). The late nighters this year are completely ridiculous...

We all know you're a genius JP but good luck anyhow. :) ;)  You must be a little stressed out no?

Kick it in the ass!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

EasyRyder

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 28, 2011, 12:43 PM
Where ya at Easy....

We all know you're a genius JP but good luck anyhow. :) ;)  You must be a little stressed out no?

Kick it in the ass!

Thanks, Ruckus! If I was a genius I would've chosen a different path though  ;)  Honestly I'm kinda feeling okay about it....I guess. I'll either do well or I won't, so worrying will only make things worriful. I sure do 'preciate the kind words  :beer:

For those who are going to the fest, these would be the night shows I'd most like to hit up:

Tomorrow night, 10 PM Tipitina's uptown
Anders Osborne's NOLA JAM- Luther Dickinson, Stanton Moore (Galactic drummer), Carl Dufrene, Billy Iuso + "others" 

Also 7 Walkers (feat. Billy Kreutzmann, Papa Mali, George Porter Jr.) are playing the Temple on May 7th
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Penny Lane

Where ya at Easy....

the MCAT! good luck!! holy geez.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill