Main Menu

Hello all

Started by nuggets, Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuggets

Just joined the board. First saw MMJ at the Fillmore in '05. Blown away on first exposure. Best thing to happen to live music in decades. Wish I could catch 'em this Summer, but now living out East and nothing but festies out here. Hopefully this Fall. Last show I saw was Burlington and I need my fix. Hope you all are having a great day. Peace.
Oh shit, run!

Penny Lane

Quote from: nuggets on Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM
Just joined the board. First saw MMJ at the Fillmore in '05. Blown away on first exposure. Best thing to happen to live music in decades. Wish I could catch 'em this Summer, but now living out East and nothing but festies out here. Hopefully this Fall. Last show I saw was Burlington and I need my fix. Hope you all are having a great day. Peace.

Welcome and have patience!
There HAS to be some shows headed to the northeast..has to ..has to.. :thumbsup:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

nuggets

Thanks Penny.
Would be nice to see some NE dates released for this Summer.

Has anyone heard of a recording floating around of the 8/20/10 Burlington show?
Def didn't see any tapers there. For that matter, there were only about 200-300 people at that show. Would love to have a copy. It's the only show I was at that I don't have.
Oh shit, run!

wolof7

Welcome Nuggets. Another northeasterner here. Really awesome online community we got. I'm sure the Jacket will be headed our way. I'm wondering what venues they may hit around our neck of the woods when they do. 
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

nuggets

Thanks wolof. Look forward to meeting some of you at shows. Since I'm in NH I would love to see them play at Meadowbrook or Hampton Beach, but will take anything I can get.
Oh shit, run!

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

Ruckus

Quote from: nuggets on Mar 25, 2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks wolof. Look forward to meeting some of you at shows. Since I'm in NH I would love to see them play at Meadowbrook or Hampton Beach, but will take anything I can get.
Welcome Nugs!  Oh oh, looks like the Yackster has a neighbor ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

nuggets

Quote from: kydiddle on Mar 25, 2011, 01:24 PM
Welcome!  :beer:
Thanks. Back at ya.  :beer:

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 25, 2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks. Should I be scurred?
Oh shit, run!

wolof7

Hampton Beach would be amazing!  :thumbsup:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

TheBigChicken

howdy Nugs. The YYacksters good peeps ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

nuggets

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Mar 25, 2011, 01:53 PM
howdy Nugs. The YYacksters good peeps ;)
Thanks.
Good to know. Had me worried there for a sec.
Oh shit, run!

Crispy

Quote from: nuggets on Mar 25, 2011, 01:35 PM

Be afraid...be very afraid.  ;D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

nuggets

Oh shit, run!

peafunk31

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 25, 2011, 02:03 PM

If you wind up going to a show with the Yackster, I suggest you be on the lookout for his fearsome headbutts. I hear they are legendary! ;D
Homer no function beer well without.

johnnYYac

Hey nuggets.  Welcome to the forum.  Always nice to see another NE'er. 

Montreal's looking good, 4 hrs drive, set up like State Theatre or T5 with some seats.  Its mid-week in July, but I'm off all summer (teacher).  Might have an extra ticket if I can't get my wife to go, so get your passport in order! 

To set the record straight, my head has never actually made contact with anyone else's since my football days.  Came close a few times, apparently, eh? 

Where in NH are you?  I grew up in Franklin (don't hold that against me), live in Hillsboro, work in Newport.  My social security number is...

So you were in Burlington?  I was the guy up front, near the stage, rockin' out.

Look forward to seeing you at a show.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

TheBigChicken

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 25, 2011, 03:21 PM

Montreal's looking good, 4 hrs drive, set up like State Theatre or T5 with some seats.  Its mid-week in July, but I'm off all summer (teacher).  Might have an extra ticket if I can't get my wife to go, so get your passport in order! 

To set the record straight, my head has never actually made contact with anyone else's since my football days.  Came close a few times, apparently, eh? 

Where in NH are you?  I grew up in Franklin (don't hold that against me), live in Hillsboro, work in Newport.  My social security number is...

So you were in Burlington?  I was the guy up front, near the stage, rockin' out.

I like them french fried ta-ters mmmm-hmmmmmmm
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

nuggets

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 25, 2011, 03:21 PM

Yeah, mid-week doesn't mesh with my work sched. Bummer.
Live in N. Woodstock. Work in Lincoln. Went to Tilton school until I got kicked-out. Oops.  ;D
Not sure how much longer I'll be living around here. After 17 years out West, I'm really finding the Winters to be tough to deal with. Thinking about moving back to the Bay area or back to WA. We'll see.
Yep, was at the Burlington show. Probably right next to ya. Was on the rail on Jim's side.
Good to know I can leave my helmet at home. Was thinking of leaving it in the trunk in case I ran into you at a show.
Peace and see ya around.
Oh shit, run!

Penny Lane

Quote from: peafunk31 on Mar 25, 2011, 02:50 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Mar 25, 2011, 02:03 PM

If you wind up going to a show with the Yackster, I suggest you be on the lookout for his fearsome headbutts. I hear they are legendary! ;D

is it better than my T5 chestbump?
or when i got so excited at Storytellers, i headbutted Brooke?
(wow, i just realized i have more issues than i thought)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Hey, speaking of headbutts, has anyone heard from Anthony/deathstick? 

(hee hee "chestbumps" hee hee)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

Quote from: nuggets on Mar 25, 2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks Penny.
Would be nice to see some NE dates released for this Summer.

Has anyone heard of a recording floating around of the 8/20/10 Burlington show?
Def didn't see any tapers there. For that matter, there were only about 200-300 people at that show. Would love to have a copy. It's the only show I was at that I don't have.

Welcome Nuggets!  Burlington was pretty awesome, and would love a recording of that as well! That was such a beautiful night!!! Apart from the lame ass security detail in the parking lot.
Doing any Canada shows??
.....Back at the Model Home