Prince - 21 night residency in LA

Started by e_wind, Apr 08, 2011, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/04/prince-to-play-21-night-residency-in-los-angeles/

At first, I thought "thats fuckin dumb" then I realized that some people feel about prince how we feel about Jacket. I would definitely go to 21 Jacket shows straight.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ChiefOKONO

that sounds pretty insane. i may have to check it out!

kydiddle

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 08, 2011, 12:11 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/04/prince-to-play-21-night-residency-in-los-angeles/

At first, I thought "thats fuckin dumb" then I realized that some people feel about prince how we feel about Jacket. I would definitely go to 21 Jacket shows straight.

21 straight Jacket shows??

*stares dreamily off into space*
Cow temperature.

e_wind

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Apr 08, 2011, 12:56 PM
that sounds pretty insane. i may have to check it out!

Yeah if I was in LA I would check out a few of those shows. All I hear about PRince shows are that they're top notch. Plus my number one song for Jim and the fellas to cover is Kiss.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

slappymoe

i've been huge prince fan for 31 years.   imo, sign o' the times is still the greatest album ever, along with all things must pass.    his 1996 show at the lousville gardens is still the best concert i've ever attended.   but the two times i've seen him since his conversion to jehovah's witness left me wanting more.  he won't say dirty words, won't play dirty songs, changes the words to some songs so they'll be PG rated.

this is the guy who had us all singing, "can't nobody.....fuck with us..."    that's gone.

don't get me wrong, he's still an unmatched talent, i still buy his albums, and i'd gladly pay to see him again and again and again, it's just that there's a edge missing.  god bless him, i hope he's found happiness and all, but the nasty boy i fell in love with in the early 80's no longer exists.