Record Store Day 2011 anyone?

Started by Im The Dude, Apr 12, 2011, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

So this saturday is Record Store Day...http://www.recordstoreday.com

This is one of the best days of the year!(next to may 31st!) If you love vinyl, rare cds and supporting your locally owned record/music store this day is for you. Is anyone going this saturday? If so, which store you hitting up? Any specials you trying to get?

I plan on going to Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh, though they don't sale new vinyl they got some great deals this saturday. www.jerrysrecords.com

7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Jane

anyone going to a store in Philly? if so, where? i was thinking of a day trip up there.

e_wind

I'm going to Ear-X-tacy to get

1. Circuital single
2. ISM Pic Disk
3. Z Pic Disk
4. EU Pic Disk
5. The Head and the Heart's debut

then i'll browse
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

In addition to the MMJ stuff, I hope I find a Pink Floyd London 66-67 and the Ryan Adams single.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

ah yes I forgot about the ryan adams single. I've put a 150$ limit on myself though after todays circuital activities.

That leads me to this question.. how much do yall think the Pic Disks will be?

buymycar

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 12, 2011, 03:02 PM
ah yes I forgot about the ryan adams single. I've put a 150$ limit on myself though after todays circuital activities.

That leads me to this question.. how much do yall think the Pic Disks will be?

I saw a record store day order form that had each one priced at 35 or 36 bucks.  So, you're looking at dropping more than a C-note for all 3.  Expensive week to be a MMJ fan.

Ghosts_on_TV

The only thing I ordered is the Ryan Adams single. RSD always comes when im broke for some reason.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

weeniebeenie

I hope I get some MMJ stuff and the Justin Townes Earle single but I doubt I'll find either of them.
How loud can silence get?

Im The Dude

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Apr 12, 2011, 07:56 PM
I hope I get some MMJ stuff and the Justin Townes Earle single but I doubt I'll find either of them.

He's opening for the Decemberist at their Pittsburgh show.

Did anyone ever go to a Record Store Day event?

Did anyone see that MMJ is doing a signing in Lexington for the single? I saw it on the RSD site!

ChronicHunger

I will be working rsd at the crack of eight. The mmj pic discs and the fleet foxes single are on my list. Is the MMJ single only in kentucky?

e_wind

yessir.

I live in Louisville, so I could just mosey on down to ear-x-tacy to get my RSD gear. But wouldn't it be nice to have an AUTOGRAPHED circuital single. The only thing stopping me is driving to lexington twice in one day. I've dropped 190$ on MMJ gear today (circuital delux + first addition of AD vinyl + Run Thru 7" + off the record 7") and will be dropping at LEAST 120$ on saturday. an extra 30$ of gas money is not what I need.

danz

I'm out of the country, (never mind I don't even live in Kentucky,) could anyone buy the two record store day single releases on vinyl for me?  I am totally down to return the favor and I have a couple rare 7" if you want to trade.  PM me, thanks!

bold992006

My friends and take this day very seriously.  We have groups or three or four people going to different locations and trying to grab as much as possible.  Really hoping to get the White Stripes first singles on 7".

headhunter

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 12, 2011, 11:46 PM
yessir.

I live in Louisville, so I could just mosey on down to ear-x-tacy to get my RSD gear. But wouldn't it be nice to have an AUTOGRAPHED circuital single. The only thing stopping me is driving to lexington twice in one day. I've dropped 190$ on MMJ gear today (circuital delux + first addition of AD vinyl + Run Thru 7" + off the record 7") and will be dropping at LEAST 120$ on saturday. an extra 30$ of gas money is not what I need.

you are my hero!! spending money on music, particularly vinyl is how I like to spend my hard earned cash.  My wife spends it on shoes-- for me, it's all about the music.  The only thing that I look forward to more than Record Store Day is any day that I will be seeing MMJ live in concert.  Looking forward to Saturday morning ....
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

I intend on hitting up Sound Garden and Il Suprimo, both in Baltimore.  I figure in in all likelihood, I won't get my hands on the MMJ picture discs.  At the very least, I intend to grab the Flaming Lips' Heady Nuggs box set and Mastodon's Live at the Aragon for my girlfriend.

Happy Record Store Day everyone! :beer:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Hooray for Record Store Day! My shop is Guestroom Records in Oklahoma City. I could barely carry all of the stuff I hauled away from two trips in last year, and this time I'm trying to limit the list I want going in. I'm not much of a picture disk guy, but if I see them it's going to be hard to resist. And I might have to snag those Ozzy records...

OZZY RSD Ambassador
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ALady

I think all I really want is the Big Star III.  Trying to keep it simple this year as I just dropped $120 on MMJ nonsense   :P ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Crispy

Quote from: ALady on Apr 13, 2011, 02:37 PM
I think all I really want is the Big Star III.  Trying to keep it simple this year as I just dropped $120 on MMJ nonsense   :P ;D

Yeah! I almost shit myself when I saw Big Star, but I wish it was No. 1 Record.

Oh, I also want the Ray LaMontagne record. And the Midlake thing. Fleet Foxes, and Ryan Adams, of course. Kate Bush! Black Angels! I know setting a spending limit will do no good, because it goes right out the window on these trips. That's why God invented credit!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Im The Dude

Good luck to everyone on finding what they want. If you pick up anything cool let us know...

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Im The Dude on Apr 12, 2011, 10:12 AM
So this saturday is Record Store Day...http://www.recordstoreday.com

This is one of the best days of the year!(next to may 31st!) If you love vinyl, rare cds and supporting your locally owned record/music store this day is for you. Is anyone going this saturday? If so, which store you hitting up? Any specials you trying to get?

I plan on going to Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh, though they don't sale new vinyl they got some great deals this saturday. www.jerrysrecords.com

I'll be going to Jerry's Records as well, can't wait!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!