Heavy Metal!!

Started by Ruckus, Apr 22, 2011, 09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Wait! Sleep is playing?

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on Apr 03, 2013, 06:02 AM
Wait! Sleep is playing?

Hell yes! Do you want to come visit? MDF is awesome and the Whippy/Flake guest room is open that weekend.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Let me see. That is tempting, very tempting.

MrWhippy

While we are on the subject of Maryland Deathfest, here is a great picture from the festival that Spin magazine posted last year in their review of it.  What other festival features a family corpse paint station!

LeanneP

Y'all are making me consider going down.

Don't worry, alienlanes. I won't crash your sausage party.  Someone has to raise our babies!  :wink:
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Ruckus

Yoooooooo!  So that Kveterlak/Black Tusk show sounds interesting.  What's the date?  I finally got around to listening to the Pallbearer album from last year and it's awesome.  Also checked out Inter Arma and dug the guitar work and arrangements but the vocals were not my favorite.  They are supporting Baroness MDF weekend at Rams Head so maybe I'll check em out though the special lady friend refuses to ever spend a penny on Baroness again after Yellow/Green happened.

I'll be at MDF Sonar on Friday only.  We don't have Soundstage tix but may buy Sonar Sunday singles for Sleep and others.  We can put you up here as well Fully.

Can't wait to see Pelican
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

manonthemoon

Kveterlak/BT is 5/19 at R&R, will be a good weekend as I'll be seeing JTB in Philly on 5/17 since their DC date is during MDF.
Alive or Just Breathing

Ruckus

Quote from: manonthemoon on Apr 03, 2013, 08:24 PM
Kveterlak/BT is 5/19 at R&R, will be a good weekend as I'll be seeing JTB in Philly on 5/17 since their DC date is during MDF.
I just grabbed Kylesa tix for RnR Hotel.  Kate and I will probably make the Kveterlak show as well.  I just listened to the most recent Black Tusk and thought it rocked.  Definitely has a heavy psych feel.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

manonthemoon

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 08, 2013, 07:39 PM
Quote from: manonthemoon on Apr 03, 2013, 08:24 PM
I just grabbed Kylesa tix for RnR Hotel.  Kate and I will probably make the Kveterlak show as well.  I just listened to the most recent Black Tusk and thought it rocked.  Definitely has a heavy psych feel.

Sweet it'll be good to catch up. BT has that heavy sludgey sound I love and seem to be pretty easy going guys on stage which is always a plus for me.  The  new split 7, Iron Giants, is an awesome song, probably my favorite they do.
Alive or Just Breathing

alienlanes

This may take a while, but here is who I am excited to see. I am working at the fest on Fri-Sun, so I may not be able to see all of these bands, but this is my wish list:

THURS
BOLT THROWER, Cobalt, Diephago

FRI
Benediction, Carcass, CONVULSE, Repulsion

SAT
Aosoth, Down, Melvins, THE OBSESSED

SUN
Manilla Road, Midnight, PAGAN ALTAR, Pentagram, Sleep

I don't think i will be able to go to the other venue, so I didn't list any of those bands.

manonthemoon

So tempted to drive down to the Norva or the Orange Peel to catch Mastodon since those are the two closest shows that aren't part of the Mayhem fest.  May have to make a road trip of it.
Alive or Just Breathing

alienlanes

I am not sure where any of you live, but if any of you are around Silver Spring MD/Washington DC my band ANCIIENTS is playing there Friday at the Fillmore with DEATH TO ALL and I may be able to help you get in.

Same thing if anyone lives around Worcester MA. They play there on Saturday at the Palladium with DEATH TO ALL. Just lemme know by end of Thursday.

MrWhippy

Quote from: alienlanes on Apr 24, 2013, 02:47 PM
I am not sure where any of you live, but if any of you are around Silver Spring MD/Washington DC my band ANCIIENTS is playing there Friday at the Fillmore with DEATH TO ALL and I may be able to help you get in.

Same thing if anyone lives around Worcester MA. They play there on Saturday at the Palladium with DEATH TO ALL. Just lemme know by end of Thursday.

This is a really cool offer, Alienlanes ,and as you know I took you up on it for the Silver Spring, MD show.  The bummer of it is that I missed Anciients as the bands ended up playing in a different order than on the show ad, and also from what was listed on the set times at the door.  The Silver Spring MD show was one of just a couple that had Exhumed also on the bill, and for whatever reason Exhumed went on second, and not first as they were listed everywhere to do.

The good news of it is that all this inspired me to check out the Anciients album, and it is great!  Seriously impressive debut, and the mix of musical and vocal styles works really well.  Hope they come back to DC soon, as I would definitely make it to the show.

See you soon at MDF!!!

alienlanes

Yes, and I apologize for that. I am not sure exactly what happened there. All the band has told me so far is that they got caught in traffic. Showed up super late and, as soon as they got there, were told to load their gear right on stage and that they would be on in 5 minutes.

I hope exhumed put on a great set as the second band though!

MrWhippy

It is now May 2013, otherwise known as Mr. Whippy's best metal month ever.  Starting the month off tonight by seeing Clutch and The Sword, then Kvelertak and Black Tusk a bit later in May.

Then all four days of MDF, including Sleep, Bolt Thrower, The Obsessed, Pig Destroyer, Pelican, Down, Convulse, The Melvins, Converge, Weedeater, Pallbearer and so many more! 

Alienlanes, looking very forward to meeting you at MDF, and also getting to hang out with Ruckus and Manonthemoon some of the days.

Fully, any chance you are coming up? 

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on May 01, 2013, 07:17 AM
It is now May 2013, otherwise known as Mr. Whippy's best metal month ever.  Starting the month off tonight by seeing Clutch and The Sword, then Kvelertak and Black Tusk a bit later in May.

Then all four days of MDF, including Sleep, Bolt Thrower, The Obsessed, Pig Destroyer, Pelican, Down, Convulse, The Melvins, Converge, Weedeater, Pallbearer and so many more! 

Alienlanes, looking very forward to meeting you at MDF, and also getting to hang out with Ruckus and Manonthemoon some of the days.

As much as I would like to, I believe I'm going to have to sit this one out. I need to rest the bank account for awhile.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on May 01, 2013, 09:30 AM

As much as I would like to, I believe I'm going to have to sit this one out. I need to rest the bank account for awhile.

That sound you hear is Satan weeping.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on May 01, 2013, 04:24 PM

Satan and I are pretty go way back, do I'm weeping with him.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on May 01, 2013, 06:05 PM

Uh oh!  Fully's speaking in tongues again!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 01, 2013, 06:33 PM
Quote from: Fully on May 01, 2013, 06:05 PM

Uh oh!  Fully's speaking in tongues again!
See, I told you!