Just wanted to add my 2 cents

Started by Daddy Rabbit, Apr 26, 2011, 07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Rabbit

I've known of your band for almost 4 days now. Ran into you guys while channel surfing and saw you playing on Austin City Limits. I stopped to see who you were, and what a surprise. I am a 56 year old, used to be trucker, semi-guitar picker ( :D), and I think you boys are very likely the new Pink Floyd, the new Grateful Dead, and the new Who. Often on Austin, there is some ???? and that's pretty much it. Once in a while you'll get a real treat, and I did. Very nice show, very polished band, impressive to say the least.

My favorite cuts from that night were: Highly Suspicious, Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, and my all time favorite and the one that is running around inside my head looking for a way out is, Librarian.

Keep up the excellent work, don't let the success change you, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you boys.

johnnYYac

Awesome, Daddy Rabbit.  Welcome to the fold.  You've got a month until their 6th album drops; check out their back catalog and some live shows, too.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

el_chode

Dude if you've only heard EU so far, I think you need to like put on a diaper or something and prepare to piss yourself when you hear what else is out there.

I don't say that because you're 56, I say that because you may lose control during Run Thru
I'm surrounded by assholes

e_wind

seriously, your in for a ride. In my opinion you should pick up Okonokos and It Still Moves and brace yourself.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

SaraBananaBear

Librarian was one of my first favorites as well, it's so good, it's crazy!  :D And welcome to the forum!
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Daddy Rabbit

I hear ya. Will have to investigate more of this band.

MarkW

Quote from: Daddy Rabbit on Apr 28, 2011, 07:25 AM
I hear ya. Will have to investigate more of this band.

A good place to start is the "Tapings" section under "Shows" on this very board.

And then go out and buy everything you can get your hands on...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Daddy Rabbit

I'm more of a "go to Walmart and sample it and if I like it buy it" sorta guy. All bands have some good stuff, and some stuff that don't interest me and I'm sure this one is the same. So I pick and choose among the offerings, put them on the guitar trainer, find the sheet music, and jump in with the band.

Like I said, it's cheaper than therapy.

Ah 1, and ah 2.....