American Dad (!)

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 15, 2009, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

Everyday is wishful thinking for me. MMJ MUST play in 2010. And if they play Bonnaroo that will be even better.

But just think about it, folks, whenever they DO come back, it will be mother flipping sweet. Their energy will be high, they'll be feeding off the crowd's anticipation, they will be playing together for the first time in a long time and I can't wait.

After seeing MoF on Monday and then Patrick did this at Wednesday's Dan Auerbach show, I am craving some Jacket. Hard core.

Cow temperature.

Dillsnufus

i can imagine at the end of the episode saying "catch my morning jacket on tour 2010" I would flip an absolute shit.

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

dragonboy

QuoteEveryday is wishful thinking for me. MMJ MUST play in 2010. And if they play Bonnaroo that will be even better.

But just think about it, folks, whenever they DO come back, it will be mother flipping sweet. Their energy will be high, they'll be feeding off the crowd's anticipation, they will be playing together for the first time in a long time and I can't wait.

After seeing MoF on Monday and then Patrick did this at Wednesday's Dan Auerbach show, I am craving some Jacket. Hard core.

That photo is excellent!!!

Anyone know when the episode will air in the UK? American Dad is on FX a lot so hopefully it won't be too long after in airs in the US...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

slappymoe

also on itunes you can hear previews from the show. so... check it out

where on i-tunes?

i have searched high and low, no success.

slappymoe

wait...i found it.

it seemed to help when i typed in "american dad" instead of "family guy."

guess i killed too many brain cells last night...... :o

kydiddle

QuoteEveryday is wishful thinking for me. MMJ MUST play in 2010. And if they play Bonnaroo that will be even better.

That photo is excellent!!!

Anyone know when the episode will air in the UK? American Dad is on FX a lot so hopefully it won't be too long after in airs in the US...

Thanks.

Do they post the new episodes on hulu.com? You might only have to wait until the next day.
Cow temperature.

ALady

ky, that pic is MOTHER FLIPPING SWEET.    :o

Just a heads up re the iTunes "My Morning Straightjacket" EP...it's album versions of the songs + some dialogue clips.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

If Kiss is the semi-official Family Guy band, does that mean My Morning Jacket is the semi-official American Dad band? Hell, let's just make them the official band.

-------------------------------------

Hellz yeah  8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Sassbox

God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

can't wait for this tonight, what a cool thing.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kydiddle

Possibly the funniest thing ever.

Phone Went West doorbell!!

P.S. Were they making fun of the fans or embracing MMJ as the greatest band ever?
Cow temperature.

AlwxanderD10

That was awesome! I especially liked the oknokos bit at the end :o

manicfanatic

AWESOME!!  AWESOME!!  LOVED IT!!  Especially the I Will Sing You Songs reference and the monkey named "Mahgeetah".  Definitely a lot of references for the fans.  Would we pay $90 to hear Jim gargle???
"We're the heirs to the glimmering world"

AlwxanderD10

QuoteAWESOME!!  AWESOME!!  LOVED IT!!  Especially the Steam Engine reference and the monkey named "Mahgeetah".  Definitely a lot of references for the fans.  Would we pay $90 to hear Jim gargle???
Yeah i was surprised at all the references they threw in that only elite fans would get like the i will sing you songs lyrics and the monkey named mahgeetah  ;D

The DARK

Loved the tour bus stuff and Almost Famous refrences. The makers of this show have to be massive fans to include an actual live clip of them at the end.
In another time, in another place, in another face

johnnYYac

Does anyone else notice that Jim is playing his flying V guitar while singing Wordless Chorus during Stan's enlightenment?  He never has his guitar when he sings this song!  

I was actually wondering if they would close the show with a real clip of live MMJ.  Called it, though I wasn't thinking Okonokos.  

Will the uninitiated appreciate this show or find it kinda odd, I wonder?  

My wife loved the fact that she, too, is married to a 42 year old guy who's obsessed with MMJ.  I've gotta get her that outfit Stan's wife was wearing.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Dillsnufus

the phone went west doorbell is genius.lol
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Don Dante

That was amazing!  Cannot believe how central they were to the episode - was thinking it would be more like 5 minutes of MMJ but they were it, especially Jimmy Jam.  That doorbell, the monkey, and the Touch Me Trip were incredible.  Wow.  And they did a good job with the soundtrack, making it fit.  I especially thought Remnants made for a killer sexy walkin' tune.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.