American Dad (!)

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 15, 2009, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gideons

LEGENDARY! now that we saw a fake MMJ conert in cartoon form, lets see MMJ tour. My friends at college all saw it and were like dude thats you. loved the whole trip during touch me im going to scream pt. 2...and the money gold and diamond rings. American dad killed....great promo for MMJ....hopefully this gets the general public to remember that MMJ is not touring, and get start demanding more jacket....can't wait to see them in the spring.  :)
[url="http://www.thewhitebuffalo.com/"]http://www.thewhitebuffalo.com/[/url]

General

That was totally sweetpickles!!! They perfectly captured what it's like to live under the spell of JJ. My roommates and I were cracking up because it so accurately reflected my life, right up to and including the meeting Jim part (well, except it didn't happen in a dressing room, it was on the street, and I don't actually believe Jim is writing songs for me).

Permanent spot on the DVR for sure!

Dillsnufus

yea i'm getting a lot of comments saying "i didn't know they were real but they're awesome that they are" or " i saw em on american dand and they're great"  

*evil laughter for awesomeness to come *
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

tdb810

Quotethe phone went west doorbell is genius.lol

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

mlbrady89

i got alot of texts of people saying "thats you"
sometimes you'll see a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly.

MMJMeltsYourFace

Same here. I got texts from my friends saying "you would totally pay for that recording of jim in the bathroom".

I am Stan.  ;D

Tahoe Kat

Unbelievably cool show! Amazing references throughout (as mentioned above in this thread) and I'm glad to know that others are as insanely obsessed as I am. I'm pretty sure that the moment I heard Jim when I first saw them live I said to myself "that's the voice of an angel"

capt. scotty

That was fucking awesome. I felt like my brain collided with earth and an animated meteor. BRILLIANT!!

My favorite part was def the PWW doorbell...as soon as that transpired, I wanted that shit more than Bellawood flooring.

I was floored by the Wordless Chorus clip at the end, they really gave props to MMJ  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

buymycar

QuoteLoved the tour bus stuff and Almost Famous refrences. The makers of this show have to be massive fans to include an actual live clip of them at the end.

Almost Famous is one of my favorite movies and I loved the references.  Roger was "Abbey Road" instead of "Penny Lane".  Hysterical!

Also loved the prominent placement of the poster from last year's Berkeley show in the "MMJ Den."

It's often hard for me to put what MMJ means to me in words, but that whole sequence with Stan and Jim flying off the earth and into the sun sums it up pretty well.

I usually turn the TV off after Family Guy, but this episode was really well done.

ManNamedTruth

Missed it cause I had to work. Hulu takes about a week to put up new episodes so if anyone can find that episode elsewhere please let me know.

EDIT:
It's here if anyone else missed it:
http://watch-tvshows.info/2009/11/american-dad-season-5-episode-7/
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

BH

"Just don't make it last any longer than it has to!"  ;D  Hilarious.

Wow that whole thing hit close to home.  My wife and I were laughing hysterically.

Mahgeetah the monkey!

"See what my hand is doing, can you see yourself involved in this somehow?"
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

NoVa_NoLa

"See what my hand is doing, can you see yourself involved in this somehow?"

;D

First time watching that show and laughed my ass off.  Loved all the song lyric references, the Jim James den, the $90 boot, "I put my pants on one leg at a time...".  ;D  

One of my co-workers here usually pops in to let me know when he arrives, but not today.  Today he popped in to ask if I watched the show.  He's setting up an Ebay alert for gargling now.  ;)

megalicious

Great episode!

Now, about that doorbell...
;D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

BH

Can anybody figure out what Zach Galifianakis' shirt means.  

Get (Apostrophe?) (Pi symbol)

Also, what did he say when he was sitting on the roof in his last scene?   I missed that and forgot to go back.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Also, what did he say when he was sitting on the roof in his last scene?   I missed that and forgot to go back.

I think,

"Hey, just tryin' to make a plan"

I liked the fish in the cave :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Dillsnufus

QuoteCan anybody figure out what Zach Galifianakis' shirt means.  

Get (Apostrophe?) (Pi symbol)

Hebrew dude. Get chi (high)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Angry Ewok

This is going to be an odd request, but can someone get me an MP3 of the $90 bootleg?

Not even kidding.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

FiddleCastro

That Phone Went West doorbell... oh man.... hadn't laughed that hard in a while.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

the dream sequence was pretty funny.  awesome they incorporated the little details like the door bell, owls, bears, etc.  hilarious when they're trying to fix the pinball machine and when jim back flipped into his pants. haha

surprised at how dedicated the episode was to the band itself.  hopefully it boosts the awareness a bit about them, they're too good to go unnoticed.

gideons

loved the raunchy Remnants scene...
[url="http://www.thewhitebuffalo.com/"]http://www.thewhitebuffalo.com/[/url]