American Dad (!)

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 15, 2009, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparkle

AWESOME!! Loved it... the PWW doorbell was genius and I especially liked the trip during Touch Me Pt II. Brilliant!!

.Walt

I loved it, and the inside jokes with lyrics were sweet!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ALady

QuoteDoes anyone else notice that Jim is playing his flying V guitar while singing Wordless Chorus during Stan's enlightenment?  He never has his guitar when he sings this song!  

Dude...it's stuff like that that makes them make shows about us!   ;D ;)  Uh, speaking of...anyone notice this Furturtle poster on the wall of the "MMJ Hangtime Room"?   ;D

My favorite part was def the PWW doorbell...as soon as that transpired, I wanted that shit more than Bellawood flooring.

This made me giggle, and Google "Bellawood flooring"   ;D

Wow that whole thing hit close to home.  My wife and I were laughing hysterically.

Same here!  I laughed my head off, and I may have even gotten a little misty too.  I'm really jonesin' for a show!

I loved all the little inside jokes, but I don't think I'll be watching American Dad again...I thought the humor was kind of lowest common denominator.  IMO the whole "getting backstage" sequence was unnecessarily raunchy and demeaning to women.  My parents taped it, and I'm kind of thinking about telling them not to watch for fear it will turn them off the Jacket.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

el_chode

It's also the featured program on Hulu right now, or it was the first thing that came up when I went looking for it.
I'm surrounded by assholes

TEO

Just wettin' my finger flickin' the bean...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMillionDreams

That was amazing!  The writers are obviously pretty big fans.  Watching it was surreal.  I kept on thinking, "them's my boys!"
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

tragicallyphish

Loved the posters, thought that was a real nice touch.  Wish they used a Burwell but pretty sick anyways

manicfanatic

QuoteThat was amazing!  The writers are obviously pretty big fans.  Watching it was surreal.  I kept on thinking, "them's my boys!"

I totally agree.  The whole time I was watching it, I thought I cannot believe that this is happening.  Who would have thought!!!  I cannot wait to see what my sister and brother-in -law think.  They recorded it and were gonna watch it tonight.  They are sort of newbie fans to MMJ (thanks  to my constant plugging)  
"We're the heirs to the glimmering world"

ManNamedTruth

QuoteThat was amazing!  The writers are obviously pretty big fans.  Watching it was surreal.  I kept on thinking, "them's my boys!"

Someone posted an article that said the co-creator saw them at bonnaroo.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

QuoteDoes anyone else notice that Jim is playing his flying V guitar while singing Wordless Chorus during Stan's enlightenment?  He never has his guitar when he sings this song!  

Dude...it's stuff like that that makes them make shows about us!   ;D ;)  Uh, speaking of...anyone notice this Furturtle poster on the wall of the "MMJ Hangtime Room"?   ;D

My favorite part was def the PWW doorbell...as soon as that transpired, I wanted that shit more than Bellawood flooring.

This made me giggle, and Google "Bellawood flooring"   ;D

Wow that whole thing hit close to home.  My wife and I were laughing hysterically.

Same here!  I laughed my head off, and I may have even gotten a little misty too.  I'm really jonesin' for a show!
[highlight]
I loved all the little inside jokes, but I don't think I'll be watching American Dad again...I thought the humor was kind of lowest common denominator.  IMO the whole "getting backstage" sequence was unnecessarily raunchy and demeaning to women.  My parents taped it, and I'm kind of thinking about telling them not to watch for fear it will turn them off the Jacket.[/highlight]

It's toungue-in-cheek and was a parody of Almost Famous and of groupies in general. It's not demeaning to women, anyone who is smart enough knows that most women don't act like that but some do.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ALady

I'm not talking about the Almost Famous parody...obviously I got that, and thought it was sort of cute.  I'm talking about the sequence while "Remnants" was playing.  Flashing cooch to get backstage?  Really?  That was tasteless, and not something I want to associate with MMJ, even if it's cartoon cooch  :P

That, and fart jokes are an utter waste of Zach Galifianakis.  
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

QuoteI'm not talking about the Almost Famous parody...obviously I got that, and thought it was sort of cute.  I'm talking about the sequence while "Remnants" was playing.  Flashing cooch to get backstage?  Really?  That was tasteless, and not something I want to associate with MMJ, even if it's cartoon cooch  :P
[highlight]
That, and fart jokes are an utter waste of Zach Galifianakis.[/highlight]  

Totally!!! I am glad you pointed that out, Lady. I was just as excited about Zach as he is mad funny, but he had only a couple lines. Oh, well. I guess you can't have it all.

That was the first episode I ever watched of the show and I'm with you--I won't be watching again.

P.S.--Do you ever watch "Between Two Ferns?"  :P
Cow temperature.

weeniebeenie

Does anyone have a link for watching it in Oz? Everyone I try says it can't be watched outside the US. :(
How loud can silence get?

bear sin rug

QuoteI'm not talking about the Almost Famous parody...obviously I got that, and thought it was sort of cute.  I'm talking about the sequence while "Remnants" was playing.  Flashing cooch to get backstage?  Really?  That was tasteless, and not something I want to associate with MMJ, even if it's cartoon cooch  :P

Really? You didn't see the humor in it? I'd try harder and don't take yourself so seriously.
It's a bad idea

AlwxanderD10

QuoteI'm not talking about the Almost Famous parody...obviously I got that, and thought it was sort of cute.  I'm talking about the sequence while "Remnants" was playing.  Flashing cooch to get backstage?  Really?  [highlight]That was tasteless, and not something I want to associate with MMJ[/highlight], even if it's cartoon cooch  :P

Agreed :)

...From On High

"Jim's voice makes Enya sound like a Russian couple arguing in a bowling alley!"
Oh, I'll never say I knew you.  But my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

CTdeadhead

My Dear God this was the greatest 30 minutes of my life.  My girlfriend and I were laughing our asses off, because it was me to a T!!

Did anyone record a DVD version of this, the Karma will be passed on!!

Hello to everyone, I've been away due to a bloody divorce, but Im back, Alive, and ready for the Jacket to get back in the studio.  MOF is great, but its time.

"I can't get Dick Van Patton's eyes to light up"

BH

QuoteMy Dear God this was the greatest 30 minutes of my life.  My girlfriend and I were laughing our asses off, because it was me to a T!!

Did anyone record a DVD version of this, the Karma will be passed on!!

Hello to everyone, I've been away due to a bloody divorce, but Im back, Alive, and ready for the Jacket to get back in the studio.  MOF is great, but its time.

"I can't get Dick Van Patton's eyes to light up"

Hey, what's up man!  Good to hear from you.  Sorry about your marriage news.  Glad your back.

"I'm sure they'll be snorting huge lines of coke as soon as they fix that pinball machine."  (or something like that.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

FiddleCastro

AND he was center-stage!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I thought it was awesome zach was on there.  makes me wonder if he'll do more stuff with the band in the future movie or video performance wise.  I thought the 900dollars for a bootleg of bullshit was pretty funny.  it's just funny the concept, how rare songs to diehard fans are suppose to be amazing but really they sound like a bunch of people are taking a dump.

maybe I'm just stiz to the niznoned.  It was almost unbearable watching family guy waiting for this other cartoon to come on that I'd never seen before.  that episode was pure MMJ, has that ever been done before?  it was almost a shameless promotion of the band to the entire nation and it was done well.  they had the trip out sequence everything.  it's so funny when they peace out of the driveway and the highly suspicious riff is wailing as they drive off.  the bo and carl pinball thing was really hilarious.  I wonder if they got to take part in the concept of the episode or if it was purely the writers worshiping the Entity that is My Morning Jacket.