Main Menu

New here!

Started by shakermaker05, May 01, 2011, 02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: headhunter on May 02, 2011, 02:00 PM
I highly suggest you listen to Crispy.  He is a wise man who speaketh the truth.  He can help lead you on the road to musical salvation.

Oh, YOU. /blush/ I's just repeating what everybody else sez.  :)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

shakermaker05

Quote from: Crispy on May 02, 2011, 12:52 PM
In terms of your wallet, yes, you will need to go ahead and destroy it and get everything, especially the EPs Chocolate & Ice and the split with Songs: Ohia. Then there's Acoustic Citsuoca, Live at the Palms, and Celebracion de la Ciudad Natal. Then you have to get the AD/TTF demo package too, because LIL BILLY! And the Early Recordings, because TYRONE! (as well as everything else on those)

Besides the complete glory of Okonokos, both the record and DVD, there are Acoustic Chorale and the official Bonnaroo releases that must be acquired. And then there's the Okonokos Project! Live MMJ is a different animal, and provides an experience distinct from the sounds on the studio records.

You will then want to seek out the early live material that is available: the 2 Meter Sessies, The WFPK Live Lunches (oh my goodness gracious), the XMas Fiasco and WFPK XMas collections.  Subscribe to The Steam Engine!

Then give thanks that it never ends -- not just with MMJ, but with all of the other music you will learn about through this pipeline. Welcome!

I see my bank account going down 15-20 bucks with every sentence you write!  lol lol  I think I'm gonna get Okonokos and Acoustic Citsuoka next.  I read on here that Acoustic Citsuoka was a limited pressing.  Does anyone know how many? (Cd and Vinyl)
My Morning Jacket: 2003-Cleveland, OH
My Morning Jacket: 2005-Cleveland, OH

weeniebeenie

Hi Shakermaker. :)
How loud can silence get?

kotchishm

Quote from: shakermaker05 on May 02, 2011, 02:37 PM
Quote from: Crispy on May 02, 2011, 12:52 PM
In terms of your wallet, yes, you will need to go ahead and destroy it and get everything, especially the EPs Chocolate & Ice and the split with Songs: Ohia. Then there's Acoustic Citsuoca, Live at the Palms, and Celebracion de la Ciudad Natal. Then you have to get the AD/TTF demo package too, because LIL BILLY! And the Early Recordings, because TYRONE! (as well as everything else on those)

Besides the complete glory of Okonokos, both the record and DVD, there are Acoustic Chorale and the official Bonnaroo releases that must be acquired. And then there's the Okonokos Project! Live MMJ is a different animal, and provides an experience distinct from the sounds on the studio records.

You will then want to seek out the early live material that is available: the 2 Meter Sessies, The WFPK Live Lunches (oh my goodness gracious), the XMas Fiasco and WFPK XMas collections.  Subscribe to The Steam Engine!

Then give thanks that it never ends -- not just with MMJ, but with all of the other music you will learn about through this pipeline. Welcome!

I see my bank account going down 15-20 bucks with every sentence you write!  lol lol  I think I'm gonna get Okonokos and Acoustic Citsuoka next.  I read on here that Acoustic Citsuoka was a limited pressing.  Does anyone know how many? (Cd and Vinyl)

I didn't think it was that limited I know they did a repressing in 2008, both the 2007 and 2008 vinyl versions are available on Amazon for around $10.  I do know that my pressing came with the cd version inside as well, so save some money there.  However it doesn't mention the cd coming with the album on Amazon but if im not mistaken i ordered mine there.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

shakermaker05

I didn't think it was that limited I know they did a repressing in 2008, both the 2007 and 2008 vinyl versions are available on Amazon for around $10.  I do know that my pressing came with the cd version inside as well, so save some money there.  However it doesn't mention the cd coming with the album on Amazon but if im not mistaken i ordered mine there.
[/quote]

Oooh thanks, I was wondering why they had 2 albums released in different years on Amazon.  This explains it.  I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the vinyl as it's rather affordable at the 10 dollar price point.

And hello Weenie Beenie   :   )
My Morning Jacket: 2003-Cleveland, OH
My Morning Jacket: 2005-Cleveland, OH