Victory Dance!!!

Started by Roscog, May 04, 2011, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GO4IT

Is anybody listening to this?
After a few listens I realized how awesome this is going to be live.
I predict it will lead to extended jams in the future.

Dillsnufus

this seems like a cape song.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Bigsky

This might be my favorite track on the new album. The first note sounds like a big gong...I'm wondering if there will be a big gong on stage next to Patrick?

logan5ive

MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Kory

i've been listening to this track a lot lately... i'd like to apply an AM radio filter to it if that were possible so it sounded more lo-fi and like i was listening on an AM band in an old car.
I don't know why, i just wanted to say it.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

EasyRyder

Holy SH*T!!! Victory Dance was just featured on House as he injected something into his leg to numb pain  :D

It fit the scene perfectly  8)
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

shakermaker05

Yep!  I love this song.  I'm not usually a sucker for brass in my music, but I love that little riff they play through out the song.  Great tune!
My Morning Jacket: 2003-Cleveland, OH
My Morning Jacket: 2005-Cleveland, OH

Cameron

DejaView2011

Epic, atmospheric and darkly lush. This song is amazing! Love the battle horns.
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

mahg33ta

Quote from: shakermaker05 on Jun 01, 2011, 08:15 PM
Yep!  I love this song.  I'm not usually a sucker for brass in my music, but I love that little riff they play through out the song.  Great tune!

Do you think that's brass?   I did too until I saw it live when it appeared to be processed vocals.   I wondered if that's just how they pull it off live.   But now I listen to the album and I'm not sure.

kydiddle

Is this the song where JJ performs with that funky contraption swinging from his neck? (I sound like a newb...)

When he came on stage at hangout my geeky imagination immediately thought of this awesome gadget:

Cow temperature.

watchtower41

Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 03, 2011, 12:15 PM
Is this the song where JJ performs with that funky contraption swinging from his neck? (I sound like a newb...)

When he came on stage at hangout my geeky imagination immediately thought of this awesome gadget:

Haha good call! Yes, he did have it around his neck for all of Victory Dance and also used it during Wordless Chorus as well I believe.  This song is the PERFECT show opener for this band, and should become a staple to open sets.  What a momentum builder!

marino13

I'm loving this song as well.  Although I have to say, when it first comes on, it reminds me of the gong at the beginning of the 2 Live Crew album and I'm waiting for Jim to say "Welcooooome to the fuck shopppp!!!"

debbie

Yep.  My favorite track for sure.  Can't wait to see it live - twice in one week!!  :D
Touch me I'm going to scream.

ms. yvon

Is this the song where JJ performs with that funky contraption swinging from his neck?
wearing that lighted box around his neck while wearing a cape is bringing jim into darth vadar territory.

now that i've heard to song i can confirm that this is what i heard them sound checking in lexington.  i couldn't hear much of it, but i got chills while sitting in the sun.  science fact.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

kydiddle

Quote from: ms. yvon on Jun 04, 2011, 01:58 PM
Is this the song where JJ performs with that funky contraption swinging from his neck?
wearing that lighted box around his neck while wearing a cape is bringing jim into darth vadar territory.

now that i've heard to song i can confirm that this is what i heard them sound checking in lexington.  i couldn't hear much of it, but i got chills while sitting in the sun.  science fact.

Haha....darth vadar. LOVE IT!

When dealing with MMJ, everything is science fact. I hope you get lots of chills on the farm next week  :)
Cow temperature.