My Circuital Review

Started by MyJacket18, May 04, 2011, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ooga

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 14, 2011, 01:32 PM
Quote from: Ooga on May 14, 2011, 01:12 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 14, 2011, 12:51 PM
Quote from: Ooga on May 14, 2011, 12:03 PM
This album seems like their most accessible yet.

Accessible?

Right now, I can go to Grimey's and get just about any MMJ album, except Circuital. But you seem to think it's their most accessible?  :-\

please explain
You know what I mean.  Anyways, I just picked up the new Circuital vinyl from Best Buy yesterday, so maybe you should stop going to Grimey's. :-\

So, I should support big box, corporate entities (Best Buy) rather than small, locally owned record stores (Grimey's), even if Grimey's supported MMJ as they were blossoming into the force that they are today?

No thanks.

Grimey's Plug by My Morning Jacket

(and you still didn't explain how Circuital is so "accessible" 2 weeks before it's official release date)
Ummm.  Accessible has more than one meaning.  Look it up.  I thought you were joking.  I was using the word accessible as in, "easy to approach, or understand". 

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ooga on May 14, 2011, 01:38 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 14, 2011, 01:32 PM
Quote from: Ooga on May 14, 2011, 01:12 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 14, 2011, 12:51 PM
Quote from: Ooga on May 14, 2011, 12:03 PM
This album seems like their most accessible yet.

Accessible?

Right now, I can go to Grimey's and get just about any MMJ album, except Circuital. But you seem to think it's their most accessible?  :-\

please explain
You know what I mean.  Anyways, I just picked up the new Circuital vinyl from Best Buy yesterday, so maybe you should stop going to Grimey's. :-\

So, I should support big box, corporate entities (Best Buy) rather than small, locally owned record stores (Grimey's), even if Grimey's supported MMJ as they were blossoming into the force that they are today?

No thanks.

Grimey's Plug by My Morning Jacket

(and you still didn't explain how Circuital is so "accessible" 2 weeks before it's official release date)
Ummm.  Accessible has more than one meaning.  Look it up.  I thought you were joking.  I was using the word accessible as in, "easy to approach, or understand".

Oh, OK. I guess a cover song of Taiwaense pop music fits that "accessible" category as opposed to a song like Golden  :-\

my bad

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

SaraBananaBear

When Bright Eyes released the full album stream of TPK Conor jokingly said:

"Post your reviews in the comments section (...) and please we prefer if you listen to only 10 seconds of each song before deciding what you think of it and then if you see a comment make sure to viciously attack it and contradict it even if you agree with it."

That would pretty much be this thread in a nut shell. I'm amazed! Though amazed should probably be replaced with shocked...  :o
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

BigHerm

Grimey's is overrated.

Oh, and it's not a cover song.

Nikkogino

This thread is dumb....no one has even heard the COMPLETE album (with the complete "...freak out").  I have been waiting for the song to come out to complete the review of the COMPLETE ALBUM.  Until we have that, everyone needs to shut up.

halesdd

Quote from: onigokkiN on May 15, 2011, 03:07 PM
This thread is dumb....no one has even heard the COMPLETE album (with the complete "...freak out").  I have been waiting for the song to come out to complete the review of the COMPLETE ALBUM.  Until we have that, everyone needs to shut up.

Well, only about two minutes or so of the album is missing from the leaked Circuital CD so why is it you are finding it dumb that people are telling of their initial thoughts towards this album?  They are opinions after all and this is a forum to discuss opinions and to bring insight as to current happenings revolving MMJ.  Its a simple matter of choice whether you choose to read it and respond or not.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

Nikkogino

Quote from: halesdd on May 15, 2011, 09:58 PM

Well, only about two minutes or so of the album is missing from the leaked Circuital CD so why is it you are finding it dumb that people are telling of their initial thoughts towards this album?  They are opinions after all and this is a forum to discuss opinions and to bring insight as to current happenings revolving MMJ.  Its a simple matter of choice whether you choose to read it and respond or not.
I don't entirely disagree with you.  I just don't like it when people grab a leak and bitch.  Like the people bitching about song order....you can't hate on a movie with a missing scene.  You might as well wait until you see the whole thing.  That's just my opinion.

halesdd

Quote from: onigokkiN on May 16, 2011, 06:20 PM

I don't entirely disagree with you.  I just don't like it when people grab a leak and bitch.  Like the people bitching about song order....you can't hate on a movie with a missing scene.  You might as well wait until you see the whole thing.  That's just my opinion.

I understand where your coming from.  I've been following these forums for years but one of the reasons I decided to finally sign-up and participate is because there were plenty of people that were disappointed by Circuital, giving opinions that were not fully thought out and based off of only one listen or so and not thinking of how excellent these songs will be when they are performed live.  But in the end, they are just opinions and are not going to change.  But I do think the leaked version does leave you wanting more which I can't wait to hear the full You Wanna Freak Out because what is there is really good.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

Nikkogino

Quote from: halesdd on May 16, 2011, 07:29 PM

I understand where your coming from.  I've been following these forums for years but one of the reasons I decided to finally sign-up and participate is because there were plenty of people that were disappointed by Circuital, giving opinions that were not fully thought out and based off of only one listen or so and not thinking of how excellent these songs will be when they are performed live.  But in the end, they are just opinions and are not going to change.  But I do think the leaked version does leave you wanting more which I can't wait to hear the full You Wanna Freak Out because what is there is really good.

Agreed....where is itttttttt. 

MOWJO8185

Quote from: halesdd on May 16, 2011, 07:29 PM

To the bold... The album has certainly grown on me since my first post, but I never understand this argument as adding value to what a person thinks of an album.  If a mediocre studio song becomes a monster live, it may change your perception of the song in terms of willingness to see it live, but the studio version is what it is, so I don't see it making me think Circuital, the studio album, is a strong effort after having heard its songs live.  Again, I understand that most MMJ fans find value primarily in live music rather than their studio efforts, but if this is a review of the album proper, then the live versions of songs shouldn't change that.

randogrando

I don't know what folks are looking for from this band, but they are musical genisus' period. If you do not like one song on their new album then you are not a real fan.
Go buy yourself a beyonce or jay z album and see how much enjoyment you get out of it.
This is the best band to come along since Matchbox 20 and if they manage to stay togather they will be as close to a supergroup as you can get.

MarkW

Quote from: randogrando on Jun 11, 2011, 11:16 AM
This is the best band to come along since Matchbox 20
:-\
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time