I HATE THIS STUPID F***ING SONG ORDER!! errrrrr

Started by DaFunkyPrecedent, May 10, 2011, 12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wamsankas

Can i just say that too many people on here try to be sarcastic. its funny every once in a while yes but when you always use that as a form of comedy its not funny at all. Anyway the sarcasm is getting a bit old

BigHerm

I'm just going to wait for the Pitchfork review until I form my opinion.

Ruckus

Good lord!  Shall we all pass out pacifiers?  I started the Dark Side of Circuital thread for a reason though half in jest.  I recommend that those that would like to critiques the album in a way that the sensitive defenders will get upset about, please write in there where you will meet other like minded souls that won't take your critiques personally.

I haven't had a drink since last Saturday and am shaking.  I'm gonna throw some back and listen to some At Dawn tonight, the last good album the Jacket have made.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on May 10, 2011, 05:42 PM
I haven't had a drink since last Saturday and am shaking.  I'm gonna throw some back and listen to some At Dawn tonight, the last good album the Jacket have made.

you should quit drinking...FOREVER! Then start condemning everyone who drinks or thinks about drinking or thinks about not drinking. And become self-righteous and say things like, "I used to drink..." and then get all bitchy at the kids drinking at the shows. Hang out on the rail and bitch about people drinking or talking during Golden. Then bitch about how far away you had to park. Then (inevitably) bitch about why no one seems to want to hang around you.

That's what I did
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

markcel

Quote from: BigHerm on May 10, 2011, 05:35 PM

Without having heard the album, I will hazard a guess Pitchfork will give it somewhere between 4.4 and 5.8.  They gave EU a 4.7, and I just think no matter what this album sounds like, Pitchfork will give it a so-so to negative review based on where the band is in its life.  I look at Pitchfork for reviews on newer bands as a way to discover them, but stay away from reviews of established bands as I feel the reviewers let things other than the actual music almost pre-determine their review.  Just my opinion.

Ruckus

Quote from: markcel on May 10, 2011, 05:51 PM
Quote from: BigHerm on May 10, 2011, 05:35 PM

Without having heard the album, I will hazard a guess Pitchfork will give it somewhere between 4.4 and 5.8.  They gave EU a 4.7, and I just think no matter what this album sounds like, Pitchfork will give it a so-so to negative review based on where the band is in its life.  I look at Pitchfork for reviews on newer bands as a way to discover them, but stay away from reviews of established bands as I feel the reviewers let things other than the actual music almost pre-determine their review.  Just my opinion.
Pitchfork better post their review in the Dark Side of Circuital thread or else...
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

kyjed48

Quote from: walterfredo on May 10, 2011, 05:03 PM
^I agree, in the last week (or since the album was leaked) this place has been a bit unpleasant at times.  People of the world....relax!

The exact same thing took place when EU leaked. 
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

wakebord

I bet Pitchfork gives it somewhere between a 5 and a 7.  Just hopefully that Ian Cohen dude and his "yacht pop" bullshit won't be writing it this time.  I assume they will bump it up from what Evil Urges got just because its clearly better, but that they just don't get the Jacket or allow a record to grow on them.  They write a review and move on.  Unless its Animal Collective or Arcade Fire, where they just splooge all over their computer.  This album is a 7.5 in my opinion.  I love it.  I really do.  If "Freak Out" really turns into a guitar jammer then maybe this is an 8.  I am comparing it to other Jacket albums, which isn't fair, but its hard not to.  It Still Moves is a 10 and my favorite album of all time.  Z is a 9.  At Dawn and Tennessee Fire are in the 8-9 range, and I'd say Evil Urges, in my opinion is a 6.5 or so.  It has stellar moments but is a bit disjointed for my liking.

But...that said, I can't wait to hear them live this tour.  They have such a deep catalog now that they could do 25-30 songs a night and it will just be fantastic.  Although, I figure it will be about 20-25 at the most, save maybe Bonnaroo, this tour will be great.  This album is great.  This band is fucking GREAT.

wakebord

and speaking of track orders... any guess at a setlist for the tour?

1.  victory dance -->
2.  circuital
3.  OBH
4.  off the record
5.  wonderful man -->
6.  outta my system
7.  wonderful
8.  golden
9.  movin' away
10. butch cassidy
11. way that he sings
12.  lowdown
13.  slow slow song
14.  day is coming
15.  Steam/dondante
Encore
16.  wordless or evil urges
17.  highly suscipious
18.  black metal
19.  anytime
20.  lay low
21.  dancefloors
22.  phone
23.  mahgeeta

sweatboard

Quote from: wakebord on May 10, 2011, 07:51 PM
and speaking of track orders... any guess at a setlist for the tour?

1.  victory dance -->
2.  circuital
3.  OBH
4.  off the record
5.  wonderful man -->
6.  outta my system
7.  wonderful
8.  golden
9.  movin' away
10. butch cassidy
11. way that he sings
12.  lowdown
13.  slow slow song
14.  day is coming
15.  Steam/dondante
Encore
16.  wordless or evil urges
17.  highly suscipious
18.  black metal
19.  anytime
20.  lay low
21.  dancefloors
22.  phone
23.  mahgeeta

:-\
There's Still Time.........

Penny Lane

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 10, 2011, 05:50 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on May 10, 2011, 05:42 PM

you should quit drinking...FOREVER! Then start condemning everyone who drinks or thinks about drinking or thinks about not drinking. And become self-righteous and say things like, "I used to drink..." and then get all bitchy at the kids drinking at the shows. Hang out on the rail and bitch about people drinking or talking during Golden. Then bitch about how far away you had to park. Then (inevitably) bitch about why no one seems to want to hang around you.

That's what I did

;D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

The DARK

Was gonna ignore the rest of the thread and merely comment self-righteously that I thought the track order was awesome as is... glad I didn't do that. ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: wamsankas on May 10, 2011, 05:16 PM
Can i just say that too many people on here try to be sarcastic. its funny every once in a while yes but when you always use that as a form of comedy its not funny at all. Anyway the sarcasm is getting a bit old

...I hope you're being sarcastic.
God damn those shaky knees.

sweatboard

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on May 11, 2011, 02:27 AM

........I hope you're being funny.

youreveningcoat

Hahahaha i could not pick up ANY sarcasm at all in that....

I don't have any problem with song order because I always have my i pod on shuffle anyways :P
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: sweatboard on May 11, 2011, 02:30 AM
Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on May 11, 2011, 02:27 AM

........I hope you're being funny.

I'm trying.  I really am.  Here's what I do - I practice my humor here on the My Morning Jacket forums before I take my material into the "real world". This may be much of the reason you're experiencing me in such amateur form - I swear in the "real world", I'm quite the life of the party. My humor here on the MMJforum is very similar to the way Animal Collective tests out their new songs on their audiences before recording. I am simply doing the same thing with you fellow forum members.  Clearly, writing a mini-novel parodying disgruntled half assed My Morning Jacket fans didn't carry over so well, you can expect not more from me on this topic - not here, not again...Here's what I'll do guys..Next time, before I whip out my unpleasant humor on such aficionado's I'll work on some new stuff in the Coachella forums first.  How does that sound?   

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 11, 2011, 02:41 AM

I don't have any problem with song order because I always have my i pod on shuffle anyways :P

First off...you couldn't pick up on ANY of it being a joke?

Second you ALWAYS have your ipod on shuffle? what happens when you want to listen to Marvin' Gayes "What's Going On" or Radiohead's - "Kid A"?  do you still leave it on shuffle...?  **please say no, please say no, please say no**

sweatboard

youreveningcoat

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on May 11, 2011, 02:47 AM
Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 11, 2011, 02:41 AM

First off...you couldn't pick up on ANY of it being a joke?

Second you ALWAYS have your ipod on shuffle? what happens when you want to listen to Marvin' Gayes "What's Going On" or Radiohead's - "Kid A"?  do you still leave it on shuffle...?  **please say no, please say no, please say no**

Hahaha no, i play that song but it's still on shuffle :P I just dont know what comes next.  And yeah i thought you were serious through ALL of it  ;)
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes