The Day is Coming=greatness

Started by Clarkwork, May 23, 2011, 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

My favorite song on the album. Just stays in your head and replays over and over. Might be one of my all time favorite Jacket songs!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

DejaView2011

Quote from: Clarkwork on May 23, 2011, 09:19 PM
My favorite song on the album. Just stays in your head and replays over and over. Might be one of my all time favorite Jacket songs!
Oh Lord! You're killing me! I Loved reading this.  :)
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

logan5ive

Quote from: Clarkwork on May 23, 2011, 09:19 PM

I was just about to start a thread and say almost the exact same thing!   :)
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

fortbethel

Agreed this is the best song. Also loving Black Metal, Circuital, & Wonderful

chaqueta sucia

I am not a fan of this song.  It is one of my least favorites on the album.  I know that is crazy to say especially with so many who love it, but it is what it is.  I love Movin Away, Wonderful(The Way I Feel), Outta My System and Circuital best.  Overall I really like the album and I agree it will come to life when played live.

Clarkwork

I guess we all have different tastes, but to me this one stands out.  The lyrics, the mix, just a great song.  Kind of wish it was longer, but it is great! 

firesofcanning

I just love the way this song grooves. It's so much fun. It will be a monster live, too. I am glad to see this thread because up until now I haven't seen much love for it, but I love the way it moves with Bo's keyboard and Jim's vocal approach.
[url="//twitter.com/firesofcanning"]twitter.com/firesofcanning[/url]

fortbethel

TDIC IS & WILL BE A JACKET CLASSIC! Totally up there with, 'OBH' & 'Run through' TDIC will make a Greatist Hits album if & when The Jacket ever do. Keep in mind AC/DC have never released a best of. The Jacket may never do the same.

Clarkwork

I'm really curious to see how it sounds live.  Hopefully I'll find out on 8/21 :) 

capt. scotty

Quote from: firesofcanning on May 24, 2011, 12:48 PM
I just love the way this song grooves. It's so much fun. It will be a monster live, too. I am glad to see this thread because up until now I haven't seen much love for it, but I love the way it moves with Bo's keyboard and Jim's vocal approach.

I mean, the album isnt even technically out yet, ya know?

Its not my favorite on the album, but its grown on me after just a few listens
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

From the RS review:

Quote"The Day Is Coming" is space rock with a soul heartbeat, somewhere between the Delfonics and the Flaming Lips.

I like this sentence
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

subinai

this song is a stand out for me. so good.

blucas

Quote from: capt. scotty on May 26, 2011, 07:49 PM
From the RS review:

Quote"The Day Is Coming" is space rock with a soul heartbeat, somewhere between the Delfonics and the Flaming Lips.

I like this sentence

me too...and the song, though I can't even pick a favorite
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Clarkwork

Quote from: blucas on May 26, 2011, 10:27 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on May 26, 2011, 07:49 PM
From the RS review:

I like this sentence

me too...and the song, though I can't even pick a favorite

I think RS nailed it.  I really like the lyrics, and the Delfonic reference is right on.

DaFunkyPrecedent

I agree this was the stand out track for me on first listen. I have a radio show here in Durango, and once I got the leak of the album this was the first song I played.  It should be their next single.  It's a perfect windows down, wind in your hair summer tune.
God damn those shaky knees.

DewieCox

Great song....The beginning with the keys and background sorta vocals sounds really cool on the album, just kinda off center from the music when it kicks in. Sounds a bit different from the leak, obvious differences aside.

The  "snare snare  Bang Bang" part really hit me the first listen and I couldn't wait to get back around to it.

Nicholas Yames

I'm on my second time around the album right now, and this song in particular is playing right now. First time around I wanted more, and now I realize that I really do really love this song... And knowing the Jacket, they'll find a way to give us more in concert.
and if all else fails, i'll come running back, wonderin where you went
with my heart.

woodnymph

Can't get the "baaahhh bah baaahhh daaa daaaa dutdutdut daaaa" intro/whimsy vocals out of my head.....  sometimes the other parts of the song don't even come through for like an hour!  Was gardening all day at my teacher's farm out in the country and couldn't listen to it til I got back in the car to take off, but sang it a lot through the day  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

el_chode

I don't like how the song ends though. Too much "Two Halves" abruptness
I'm surrounded by assholes

woodnymph

Quote from: el_chode on Jun 02, 2011, 09:44 PM
I don't like how the song ends though. Too much "Two Halves" abruptness
Oooh it would be super sweet if it gently rolled into oblivion..... I like the album as it is, but if they offered an extended Victory Dance ending at some point down the road, it has my vote too!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time