Still Bummed About Friends Again

Started by trippin from shroomin, May 24, 2011, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippin from shroomin

I've listened to the Circuital in it's entirety and as much as I enjoy the new album I am still pretty upset that Friends Again was not included. I had read in an article Tommy saying Friends Again was one of the muppet songs and didn't really fit in with the album. However, as per Jims sirius radio interview yesterday Outta My System is a muppet song as well and that was included, WTF!

On another note. Has anyone heard anything about Carried Away? Though Carried Away was my least favorite of the four new songs they started playing last spring and fall, I still think it's pretty good and stylistically sounds more like something that could have been on At Dawn or It Still Moves.

Love the new album. Guess I just wanted studio versions of these two songs. 

Jon T.

Quote from: trippin from shroomin on May 24, 2011, 09:08 PM
I've listened to the Circuital in it's entirety and as much as I enjoy the new album I am still pretty upset that Friends Again was not included. I had read in an article Tommy saying Friends Again was one of the muppet songs and didn't really fit in with the album. However, as per Jims sirius radio interview yesterday Outta My System is a muppet song as well and that was included, WTF!

On another note. Has anyone heard anything about Carried Away? Though Carried Away was my least favorite of the four new songs they started playing last spring and fall, I still think it's pretty good and stylistically sounds more like something that could have been on At Dawn or It Still Moves.

Carried Away... http://carlbroemel.com/web/   :)

trippin from shroomin

Quote from: Jon T. on May 24, 2011, 09:13 PM
Quote from: trippin from shroomin on May 24, 2011, 09:08 PM

Carried Away... http://carlbroemel.com/web/   :)

Thanks In the archived setlists here on the website in just lists Carried Away as if it were a Jacket song. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

BH

I would totally love to have a full band studio version of Carried Away.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Im The Dude

Quote from: BH on May 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
I would totally love to have a full band studio version of Carried Away.

YES! Me too.

But I do wish Friends Again was on the album, but oh well....maybe we'll hear it on a future release...
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

DaFunkyPrecedent

Carried Away would have fit good on there too...better than Friends Again perhaps.  Friends Again & Outta My System at both kinda silly songs...cant have too much of that.

maybe they're holding out for a muppet release...keepin their wild ace in their back pocket you know.
God damn those shaky knees.

The DARK

We haven't seen the last of Friends Again. It probably just didn't fit anywhere on the record, so they'll be saving it for either the next one or a stand-alone. A song that good and finished won't stay hidden for too long.
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

I like Friends Again, but the song to song flow on the album is so great I dont blame them at all for leaving it off the album
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

blucas

I agree that this album attained perfection in its composition and flow.  I cant remember the last time that I have listened to an album "cover to cover" so many times in a row, but once that first note of Victory Dance starts, I can't skip or stop...even to the point of driving out of my way to get to places.  Shoehorning another song, no matter how incredible the song might be, would have sent this harmoniously balanced gyroscope of perfection spinning out of control. 
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Non Sin Breaux

One of my favorite of the new songs. Wish it was included in the album or I get to hear at the shows this summer.

I listened to it 3 times in a row. I'm more of an individual song on repeat kind of listener to MMJ songs than a whole album straight through with this band.
[url="https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas"]https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas[/url]

Brother Beck

After listening to the album in its entirety and in good quality several times, I have to say that I am missing Friends Again more than ever now.  In my humble and non-band-member opinion it would have been the perfect way to end the album.   

I don't want to rip on Movin' Away too much because I know the guys worked very hard on the album and they seem very proud of the song, but I simply do not connect with it at all.  I've tried letting it grow on me but it has actually gotten worse, I think because my level of love for the other 9 tracks has grown each time I've listened to the album.  It bums me out because I wanted nothing more than to love this album entirely.  I wish I were one of the lucky ones who connect with this album fully but I'm not.     

Bring on the studio version of Friends Again!