The Golden Ticket

Started by walterfredo, May 25, 2011, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty95

I have some warped vinyl I'll trade for a "golden ticket" ;)
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

Im The Dude

Quote from: rusty95 on Jun 06, 2011, 09:51 PM
I have some warped vinyl I'll trade for a "golden ticket" ;)

I know! Someone out there has to have this! Or was it just a marketing tool?
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

walterfredo

I have little faith in the true randomness of these types of contests.  I had a buddy who worked marketing for one of the larger Ski Resorts in Tahoe.  Every time I'd come to Tahoe he'd have lift passes waiting for me at the front office.  And they usually said something like 'San Jose Home and Garden Expo drawing winner'.  All these peeps at the home and garden show filling out an entry form to win free left tickets, yet I magically won all the time.  Sure this was along those same lines.  ;)

Crispy

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 13, 2011, 11:37 AM
I have little faith in the true randomness of these types of contests.  I had a buddy who worked marketing for one of the larger Ski Resorts in Tahoe.  Every time I'd come to Tahoe he'd have lift passes waiting for me at the front office.  And they usually said something like 'San Jose Home and Garden Expo drawing winner'.  All these peeps at the home and garden show filling out an entry form to win free left tickets, yet I magically won all the time.  Sure this was along those same lines.  ;)

GAH! You mean I've been wasting my time going to all those stupid Home and Garden Expos trying to win free lift tickets?!  >:(
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

walterfredo

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 13, 2011, 11:50 AM

GAH! You mean I've been wasting my time going to all those stupid Home and Garden Expos trying to win free lift tickets?!  >:(

Apparently so.  Sorry. But hey, at least they got your email address and can now spam the hell out of your inbox with special deals on ski packages. 

Crispy

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 13, 2011, 11:54 AM

Apparently so.  Sorry. But hey, at least they got your email address and can now spam the hell out of your inbox with special deals on ski packages.

So I got that going for me. Not exactly the tip Carl Spackler got from the Dalai Lama, but it's something. That and some sweet San Jose Convention Center gardening gloves!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Goose24

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 13, 2011, 12:05 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 13, 2011, 11:54 AM

So I got that going for me. Not exactly the tip Carl Spackler got from the Dalai Lama, but it's something. That and some sweet San Jose Convention Center gardening gloves!

You can't really beat getting total consciousness on your death bed...

My Morning Tube top

So your saying I should hold off on buying my 2011 Sqaw Valley pass because you have the hook up  ;D nice Walterfredo!

walterfredo

Heavenly.  ;)

(they no longer work there  :'()

searchinbig

Had to bump this......sorry.

** 10 boxes selected at random will contain a "Golden Ticket" entitling the bearer to an original print signed by the band and Danny Clinch.

** One box will also include two all-access laminated passes to use at a Circuital 2011 live show of choice

Holy shit. I have a certified letter at the post office. We called today and they said it was from ATO Records. Wifey could not get there today to pick it up. The suspense will kill me.

Could it be?? Have any of these surfaced yet?

Has anyone else gotten a certified letter from ATO Records? Why would they send little old me a certified letter? I wonder.......
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

subinai

peafunk31

Holy shit man! I'd be going crazy wondering what the hell it is
Homer no function beer well without.

DejaView2011

WELL????? IM DYING TO KNOW HERE!
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

searchinbig

Argggggghhhh....can't get there today either. I'll let you all know when I get it.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Crispy

Quote from: searchinbig on Jul 13, 2011, 12:23 PM
Argggggghhhh....can't get there today either. I'll let you all know when I get it.

Man, are you kidding me? What could possibly be more important? PRIORITIES  ;)

kydiddle

Seriously dude? No posting on the forum until you can tell us.

;)
Cow temperature.

tdb810

Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 13, 2011, 02:27 PM

;)

aaaaaah, suspense is killing me right now! good luck!
.....Back at the Model Home

Im The Dude

Quote from: tdb810 on Jul 13, 2011, 02:33 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 13, 2011, 02:27 PM

;)

tomorrow maybe?

aaaaaah, suspense is killing me right now! good luck!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

darkglow

this thread is leaving me hope that i've got one of those bastards...

still have yet to receive my welcome to roll call letter..

(hoping the MMJ gods shine upon me)

searchinbig

:D :D :D :D      WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!   :D :D  :D :D :D
I Got the Golden Ticket!!!!!

Holy Fuck, I never win anything!!!! I'll post a photo as soon as I can. My wife says it's a certificate to get the Danny Clinch autographed photo. I'm at work.

I'm so freakin' excited my pants are wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHILLS
Revised: Must say THANK YOU MMJ and ATO