Main Menu

Lady Gaga?

Started by rincon, May 26, 2011, 03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

I just checked on Rhapsody for the new releases this week. They have a new album by the above referred to "artist". It is her SECOND album. I have been hearing about this sk__k for years, and this is only her second album? God help this country.

wolof7

Quote from: rincon on May 26, 2011, 03:30 AM
I just checked on Rhapsody for the new releases this week. They have a new album by the above referred to "artist". It is her SECOND album. I have been hearing about this sk__k for years, and this is only her second album? God help this country.

hahah i thought the same thing when i saw that....granted she's not as bad as some other popular artists....overrated? yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup  ::)
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

youreveningcoat

Quote from: wolof7 on May 26, 2011, 06:14 AM

hahah i thought the same thing when i saw that....granted she's not as bad as some other popular artists....overrated? yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup  ::)

She's not as bad.... she's the worst   :bath:
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

Paulie_Walnuts

Paulie W

kotchishm

That succubus is going to be on my Rolling Stone with the Circuital review......oh the horror!
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Jaimoe

Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 26, 2011, 06:48 AM

She's far from the worst. I direct your attention to Ke$ha.

mjk73

Quote from: Jaimoe on May 26, 2011, 08:51 AM
Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 26, 2011, 06:48 AM

She's far from the worst. I direct your attention to Ke$ha.
Bingo we have a winner. Then again, this is like trying to compare a fully formed turd to explosive diarrhea.

Tracy 2112

Whoa, easy people! Lady Gaga has like 35 million followers on Facebook and is the most popular musician in the world. If you listen to her music and read the lyrics (without judging so quick) she is actually a very crafty songwriter and talented singer. Plus, b/c of her $$, she gets top notch musicians.

Plus, she's becomming a zillionaire, you think she cares what any of you think?
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ralph

Will always be a Madonna wannabe...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Jaimoe

She may drive you nuts, but Gaga is a musical chamelion and does what she does really well. I'm no fan of dance-pop or whatever style she chooses to switch to, but she does have talent. Ke$ha does not. Gaga's music is not original in the least, but you gotta give her some credit for creating a compelling persona in a music world filled with vapid E! starlets.

el_chode

I give her credit for at least doing her own thing and (I believe) composing her own music. But at the same time, stop being preachy and weird for the sake of weird. At some point it's more "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT ME! I'M SO UNIQUE!" than anything inspiring.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

Quote from: el_chode on May 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
I give her credit for at least doing her own thing and (I believe) composing her own music. But at the same time, stop being preachy and weird for the sake of weird. At some point it's more "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT ME! I'M SO UNIQUE!" than anything inspiring.

I agree with the latter. At some point she'll have to tone it down. I think some of the hiding she does (behind makeup, wigs, costumes and glasses) comes because she is stunningly homely, and knows it. I don't think she writes much of her own stuff, but has control over the production. She surrounds herself with top producers and writers much like Madonna has done for the better part of 30 years.

chaqueta sucia

She is that artist that is needed for the time.  The artist that is trendy and out there.  Her songs are not bad but are pop fluff.  She is as important as Cher and Madonna were before her for her time.  I do not think she will have the longevity or overall success the other two did, but she is what she is for this era.  It is funny a bunch of "quality" music fans of MMJ would be discussing GaGa ;D

Blue7

I think she is a strangely unique individual,with wild imagination.  I rarely listen to her music, but she is talented at what she does.  I saw her performance on American Idol last night; which kinda pissed me off. She was wearing a big cross around her half naked body, as she danced sexually up on male dancer.   Madonna has done the same , idiots!

Wonderful, the way I feel!

Tracy 2112

I think she'll really one up madonna when she reveals that she's really a man.

That's pretty much the only way she could usurp Madonna as The Queen of Pop.

mjk73

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 26, 2011, 12:54 PM
I think she'll really one up madonna when she reveals that she's really a man.

That's pretty much the only way she could usurp Madonna as The Queen of Pop.

I <3 you Trace.

rincon

Regardless of whether she is talented or not, it is only her SECOND album.At least Madonna had about 4 or 5 before she hit the stratosphere of celebrity.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: rincon on May 26, 2011, 01:20 PM
Regardless of whether she is talented or not, it is only her SECOND album.At least Madonna had about 4 or 5 before she hit the stratosphere of celebrity.

incorrect

Madonna hit the stratosphere in 1985 when she released Like a Virgin (her 2nd album). Use the logic of it being the pre-internet days and she was as big as you could get.

I mean, these days, if you YouTube yourself farting in a remotely funny way you can become a huge star.  ;)

Jaimoe

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 26, 2011, 01:34 PM

incorrect

Madonna hit the stratosphere in 1985 when she released Like a Virgin (her 2nd album). Use the logic of it being the pre-internet days and she was as big as you could get.

I mean, if you YouTube yourself farting in a remotely funny way you can be huge these days.  ;)

You beat me to the punch my 1960s-born sibling (I believe we are roughly the same age?). She was big with her first album, but blew-up huge when Like a Virgin dropped.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Jaimoe on May 26, 2011, 01:36 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 26, 2011, 01:34 PM

incorrect

I mean, if you YouTube yourself farting in a remotely funny way you can be huge these days.  ;)

You beat me to the punch my 1960s-born sibling (I believe we are roughly the same age?). She was big with her first album, but blew-up huge when Like a Virgin dropped.

1964 baby.

And I recall hating madonna with a passion in the 80's. I was much more full of false bravado back then (and a metal head!).