MMJ Festival Survival Kit

Started by MarkW, May 26, 2011, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

Quote from: Crispy on May 27, 2011, 11:53 AM
Damn Tater, I used to have an '01 FXD in silver -- your Low Rider is giving me flashbacks. Sold it a few years ago in hopes of getting a Road King which I still don't have. Now I miss my Super Glide! Have to find a pic when I get home.

Sorry to continue the YYacking here. On topic, I'll have to skip the survival kit.

Are you lookin for a new or used ?   lots of great deals out there on used bikes right now with low miles,  to many people out there with cash that wanna ride and  pay $20,000.00 for a bike and decide that it's not for them.  My next bike is gonna be a Suckerpunch sally. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Dillsnufus

now if the flag glew in the dark....
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Crispy

Quote from: Taterbug on May 27, 2011, 04:39 PM
Quote from: Crispy on May 27, 2011, 11:53 AM
Damn Tater, I used to have an '01 FXD in silver -- your Low Rider is giving me flashbacks. Sold it a few years ago in hopes of getting a Road King which I still don't have. Now I miss my Super Glide! Have to find a pic when I get home.

Sorry to continue the YYacking here. On topic, I'll have to skip the survival kit.

Are you lookin for a new or used ?   lots of great deals out there on used bikes right now with low miles,  to many people out there with cash that wanna ride and  pay $20,000.00 for a bike and decide that it's not for them.  My next bike is gonna be a Suckerpunch sally. 

Suckerpunch Sally looks like a tough girl...

I'll probably go with used, wanting to avoid borrowing and I'm not there yet. It's motorcycle-selling season now, so I'll wait until the months before Christmas to start looking for real.

Here's my old scooter, and you can see why I want a Road King:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

blucas

Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 27, 2011, 05:21 PM

Heh heh...he said "glew"  ;)
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

e_wind

Quote from: blucas on May 30, 2011, 08:34 PM

i am now having a gramatic debate with myself. I can't decided if its glowed or glew. glowed right?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

woodnymph

Quote from: e_wind on May 30, 2011, 08:40 PM

i am now having a gramatic debate with myself. I can't decided if its glowed or glew. glowed right?
;D ;D ;D I definitely paused on that one.... I'm goin' with glew though, it's just more better  ;)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Quote from: woodnymph on May 30, 2011, 08:44 PM
Quote from: e_wind on May 30, 2011, 08:40 PM

;D ;D ;D I definitely paused on that one.... I'm goin' with glew though, it's just more better  ;)
Heh heh... she said "more better"   ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Taterbug

Survival Kit out for delivery today  :o

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Willy

Quote from: MarkW on May 26, 2011, 08:36 AM
Not sure where to post this - anyone else notice the "festival survival kit" on the website store?  I just had to have an MMJ backpack!  Let's see how long it takes to get to the UK...

I was incredibly disappointed to see this new "survival kit" for sale. It saddens me to see that MMJ is now willing to simply slap there name on a backpack, hankerchief, etc. and then sell it by the thousands for $110. I don't mean to be a heckler because I love this band so much...but there beginning to annoy me with some of their marketing strategies. I know my opinion doesnt matter and I understand that they must make a living...but really? An MMJ water bottle? C'mon guys, save your money for the albums, shows, and the tee's
"Welcome......you newb"

lucylew

Yesterday I received a box that said "1 of 1".  It contained the flags and water bottles (I ordered two) but no backpacks/bandanas.  I thought for sure there'd be another box waiting to me when I got home from work tonight.  Nada.  Hmmm. 

ALady

Quote from: Willy on Jun 01, 2011, 07:36 PM
Quote from: MarkW on May 26, 2011, 08:36 AM
Not sure where to post this - anyone else notice the "festival survival kit" on the website store?  I just had to have an MMJ backpack!  Let's see how long it takes to get to the UK...

I was incredibly disappointed to see this new "survival kit" for sale. It saddens me to see that MMJ is now willing to simply slap there name on a backpack, hankerchief, etc. and then sell it by the thousands for $110. I don't mean to be a heckler because I love this band so much...but there beginning to annoy me with some of their marketing strategies. I know my opinion doesnt matter and I understand that they must make a living...but really? An MMJ water bottle? C'mon guys, save your money for the albums, shows, and the tee's

It's starting to irk me a bit too (and I'm the proud owner of an MMJ water bottle   ;D).  Lately with this new marketing blitz they've started to seem more like a business than a band...though thankfully the band can still bring it live.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

tdb810

I thought $110 was quite excessive myself.....and I'm not frugal when it comes to this band. I mean 50 bucks, 60 bucks yes, but not more. I'm sure the band doesn't set the price, but I would think they would have some say. It seems in direct juxtaposition to the Blessings in A Backpack project for last nite's show.  I love the philanthropy of this band, they always give back .....so much, so very much.  Ok, that's all I have to say about that. 

Not to mention that I would need WAYYYYYYYY more than a backpack to survive a festival  ;D
.....Back at the Model Home

Jon T.

Quote from: tdb810 on Jun 01, 2011, 09:24 PM
I thought $110 was quite excessive myself.....and I'm not frugal when it comes to this band. I mean 50 bucks, 60 bucks yes, but not more. I'm sure the band doesn't set the price, but I would think they would have some say. It seems in direct juxtaposition to the Blessings in A Backpack project for last nite's show.  I love the philanthropy of this band, they always give back .....so much, so very much.  Ok, that's all I have to say about that. 

Not to mention that I would need WAYYYYYYYY more than a backpack to survive a festival  ;D
Perfectly said. This sort of thing doesn't usually bug me; I mean if there's a market for it, so be it. But this seems a liitle much. Add that to the partnership, or what have you with AMEX.  Also throw in the Best Buy thing when they're usually so supportive of record shops. ??  Dunno, I know they're about to reach another level, lets just hope they keep it reeled in.

Taterbug

Quote from: lucylew on Jun 01, 2011, 08:33 PM
Yesterday I received a box that said "1 of 1".  It contained the flags and water bottles (I ordered two) but no backpacks/bandanas.  I thought for sure there'd be another box waiting to me when I got home from work tonight.  Nada.  Hmmm.

Same thing happened to me lucylew.  I called them yesterday to make sure the box didn't get lost or something. They just didn't ship them out yet. 

mjk73

I don't have an issue with them slapping their name on backpacks (or water bottles). Now if they start showing up on Kids Bops discs and start their own designer clothing line, we might have trouble in Denmark. Granted, if it's boots and it's the Skelator boots, I will totally whore myself for a pair of those.

BigHerm

Quote from: Willy

I don't understand this.... You don't have a problem with a tee shirt but a... water bottle...THE HORROR....
There was a bunch of this stuff on their facebook page when the announced this, makes zero sense to me.... You may want a tee, I may want a water bottle or bandana, what in the hell is the difference?

jones

I don't care what anyone says.  My MMJ fat shoelaces are the heat.

ALady

Quote from: tdb810 on Jun 01, 2011, 09:24 PM

I think that's exactly it, Trish.  I didn't have any problem splurging on the box set, but this just seemed like...really?  If it was a really cool design or something, maybe, but it was just a plain black backpack with their name on it.  Now if they'd do something cool, unique, handmade, and truly limited (like the Crashious hoodies, for example) I can totally see charging a bit for that... 

I'm holding out for the MMJTM moist towelettes for my festie kit.   ;) ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

lucylew

Quote from: Taterbug on Jun 02, 2011, 10:22 AM
Quote from: lucylew on Jun 01, 2011, 08:33 PM

Same thing happened to me lucylew.  I called them yesterday to make sure the box didn't get lost or something. They just didn't ship them out yet.

Thanks Taterbug.  I left a message for them before I read this - but your message is comforting.  Especially since I have also not received my box set or roll call T.  Apparently patience is not a virtue I possess!

ms. yvon

Quote from: Taterbug on May 26, 2011, 07:35 PM
SOLD,  I need a new do-rag  and that back pack will strap on my Harley nicely  :thumbsup:   

So this is how the conversation with my wife is gonna go
;D ;D
fine form, tater!  :beer:
also love that you're still using the rainboots avatar.  kills me everytime
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."