Random Circuital discoveries, subtleties, observations...

Started by blucas, May 29, 2011, 04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blucas

Now that many have survived the first wave of awe and absorbed this album as a beautiful  whole (along with some nicely composed reviews) share your random thoughts, whether about a song, concept, lyric, mood, or even a note.  I'll start with a couple (this is my first topic, so be gentle) :)

The creaky ship hull guitar groaning that connects the end of Victory Dance to the beginning of Circuital sounds like the band is diggin their claws in extra tight to get maximum traction to kick our asses, even though we just got our asses kicked into oblivion by VIctory Dance (and then they do keep our asses sufficiently kicked for the next 40 min or so)

Ever since NPR 1st listen started streaming the album, it takes me at least 45 min and 7 sec to get to any destination. 

The shorter, though perfectly composed songs mean that we get 2 Circuital songs live for every song removed from their setlists from previous albums  :thumbsup:

soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

rmpotsy

Quote from: blucas on May 29, 2011, 04:36 PM
The shorter, though perfectly composed songs mean that we get 2 Circuital songs live for every song removed from their setlists from previous albums  :thumbsup:

this is an idea i can get behind
out go the lights it begins

e_wind

Listening to this on vinyl for the first time today showed
A lot about it. the intro to TDIC is powerful!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

The DARK

Interestingly, the chaos and Jim's screaming at the end of Victory Dance reminds me of Mont De Sundua...

In another time, in another place, in another face

Nikkogino

Is anyone else noticing that the intro for the day is coming on vinyl is different from the digital  version?  On the cd-digital version, the song fades in right as Jim starts his singing....on the vinyl you can hear the music prior to the singing.  Just kinda strange.

DewieCox

I love that about TDIC. Kinda trippy....I wondered if my vinyl was outta whack or something.

rusty95

Speaking of the day is coming.  I would rather this be the opening with an extended loop intro before the curtain opens.  Victory dance would fit nicely as an encore opener.  Just my opinion of course.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

blucas

Quote from: The DARK on May 30, 2011, 01:28 AM
Interestingly, the chaos and Jim's screaming at the end of Victory Dance reminds me of Mont De Sundua...

He's right back in the same place...where he started from.

e_wind

listening for the first time on my 7.1 surround... like the vinyl, i notice many different things. so far its been amazing, its really weird that a couple weeks ago i was questioning how much i liked this record.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

bigkidfallsdown.com

Rusty - I really like that Idea. TDIC would make an awesome opener.

E-wind- The past three albums have been like that for me. First listen I don't know wha'st going on and I don't know what I can identify with - I take a break - listen again - take a longer break then usually I end up with quite a good buzz listening to the album and things change.

This year the vinyl listen while well buzzed in the afternoon made me fall in love again like I do every time. It always like learning something new about someone you've been in a long term relationship with - and in the end you grow together.
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

ralph

Said it in another thread but will say it again. The run of Black Metal, First Light and Freak Out is, to quote Jeff Bebe from Stillwater, 'the fucken buzz'...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Dillsnufus

i like the different eye colors on the album art. need a .gif if anyone knows how to .
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

goldbondking

Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 31, 2011, 12:56 AM
i like the different eye colors on the album art. need a .gif if anyone knows how to .

Ah, you beat me to this.  Thought it was pretty cool to see a different color for each song on the eye.

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

JDUB

Are you seeing the different eye colors from the presale download of the mp3's? Mine aren't tagged so I'm assuming that's why I can't see the different eye colors.

youreveningcoat

Quote from: JDUB on May 31, 2011, 09:56 PM
Are you seeing the different eye colors from the presale download of the mp3's? Mine aren't tagged so I'm assuming that's why I can't see the different eye colors.

That is exactly why
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

Clarkwork

I'm enjoying the lyrics more on this album than the last couple.  Not sure if they are just connecting with me or what.  But really enjoying the entire album.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

rusty95

I discovered last night the new stuff sounds really good up close and personal.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

Dillsnufus

would sec' walkin fit on this album? .... i think so
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

blucas

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Jun 03, 2011, 12:48 PM
would sec' walkin fit on this album? .... i think so

Good call- thematically it def fits and for me, the chill vibe of the song during the verses fits too. I'm not a big fan of where they took the chorus, which makes it fall a little short of being a classic in my book.   I would love to see how this might have been different if the song were written for circuital and not EU (not bashing EU because it did result in some brilliant moments)