NCAA Football 2011

Started by Tracy 2112, Jun 22, 2011, 12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Holy shit, I hope brooke's okay after that heartstopper.  :o
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjk73

Fuck you Big Ten network. Really? Great way to start your Husker cover by show about 1 minute of the game then switch back over to the Iowa game. Iowa was already up by 34 points.

capt. scotty

Quote from: mjk73 on Sep 03, 2011, 04:00 PM
Fuck you Big Ten network. Really? Great way to start your Husker cover by show about 1 minute of the game then switch back over to the Iowa game. Iowa was already up by 34 points.

You gotta earn you Big Ten rep before you get the special treatment on BTN, buoy!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

nice  job Georgia.....and by the way,your new uniforms look like SHIT >:(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Sep 04, 2011, 01:06 AM
nice  job Georgia.....and by the way,your new uniforms look like SHIT >:(

agreed on the uniforms. its like they let an autistic 12 yr old design their suits
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjk73

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 03, 2011, 09:35 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Sep 03, 2011, 04:00 PM

You gotta earn you Big Ten rep before you get the special treatment on BTN, buoy!!
Yeah, like when we destroy everyone in our first season. They showed 2 minutes total of the game as they switched over to the Illinois game. Nice way to advertise you were to show NU and not really.

br00ke

Well well ... It's gonna be a long season my friends! Interesting season kickoff. I really only watched the auburn game as I'm with a big group of folks this weekend and watching the phish show form denver trumped evening games. I'm sad for SC. I used to hate Spurrier with a fiery passion but I've grown to like this team and would like to see them have an exciting season. For an SEC football program to lose the first game is just so wind out of your sails. Sucks for LSU & GA too!

As for Auburn ... young team !!

ETA: haha ... so LSU didnt lose, yea!! My sportstacular app had the scores inverted showing Oregon with 40.

ophidiophobia

Not real sure about them gray jerseys for my Cowboys. That black thing in the middle of the jersey looks like the players pissed themselves :-\

capt. scotty

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Sep 05, 2011, 08:50 PM
Not real sure about them gray jerseys for my Cowboys. That black thing in the middle of the jersey looks like the players pissed themselves :-\

They looked much better than Maryland's last night. Those things look like they were designed by a retarded knight.

walterfredo

^agree, worst unis ever!

e_wind

Marylands jerseys look like a really poorly designed futbol club jersey.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

walterfredo

a failed attempt to incorporate their state flag (which is ugly as hell to start out with) into their unis. 

Ruckus

::) ::) ::)

When Randy Edsall came in, he had the giant task of making Maryland football relevant again.  While it is fertile recruiting ground here with Baltimore, DC, PG County, Va and Pa, MD has never been able to recruit well at home.  Part of creating that buzz necessary to tempt local talent again as well becoming a story on the national level was to modernize their uniforms ala Oregon.  Seems to have worked for them now guess what?

Bunch of grown ass men talking about men's fashion on a music message board about a team that hasn't done squat in years ;D  Well done Edsall.  Keep reelin' 'em in.

For the record, I love our Maryland flag :)

We got a retarded knight and an autistic 12 year old.  What's next?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Those had to be the most ridiculous quartered, 1st and 4th quarters paly of 6, or and sable, a bend dexter counterchanged, 2nd and 3rd, quarterly, argent and gules, a cross bottony countersigned uniforms EVER!

A retarded knight and an autistic 12 year old, and now a combination of the two: a mildly obsessive heraldry nut.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

I think Maryland took all the talk away from Georgia yesterday. Georgia's uniforms look amazing compared to Maryland. I think Maryland wore those on the first game on purpose though, because it has to be the worst of their new uniforms combos. Now they can only go up.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 07, 2011, 03:25 PM
Those had to be the most ridiculous quartered, 1st and 4th quarters paly of 6, or and sable, a bend dexter counterchanged, 2nd and 3rd, quarterly, argent and gules, a cross bottony countersigned uniforms EVER!

A retarded knight and an autistic 12 year old, and now a combination of the two: a mildly obsessive heraldry nut.

;D ;D  i just choked on my drink..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

walterfredo

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 07, 2011, 03:56 PM
I think Maryland took all the talk away from Georgia yesterday. Georgia's uniforms look amazing compared to Maryland. I think Maryland wore those on the first game on purpose though, because it has to be the worst of their new uniforms combos. Now they can only go up.

agree on GA's unis, those were not only cool, but the colors actually matched.  Apparently they did not make them play better, same with OR.

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 07, 2011, 04:04 PM

Agreed.  I don't even get some of it but...too good Crispy ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 07, 2011, 05:25 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 07, 2011, 04:04 PM

Agreed.  I don't even get some of it but...too good Crispy ;D

You don't get it? It's only the LAW for your state flag, you lawyer!  ;)

I know, heraldry blazons are HAWT.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 07, 2011, 01:52 PM
We got a retarded knight and an autistic 12 year old.  What's next?

The best I heard was > it looks like a Sherwin-Williams store blew up.

They did some polling of college athletes after that game and about 100% of them liked the unis. And everyone over 40 hated them. Sooo...... guess we'll be seeing more!

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.