Five things to know about MMJ -article

Started by SaraBananaBear, Apr 16, 2010, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Hm, not sure if this goes here, I'm not very good at posting in the right parts of the forum, but here goes:

http://blog.al.com/mcolurso/2010/04/five_things_to_know_about_my_m.html

Apologies if someone already posted
:)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

Nice find, SaraBB!  Now I'm REALLY freaking out!  C'mon Tuesday!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

QuoteNice find, SaraBB!  Now I'm REALLY freaking out!  C'mon Tuesday!

Yes, it sounds great "You'll probably get some new songs and hear some oldies", woohoo, I wish I could go too. Those of you that go have to promise to write lots of detailed reviews  ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Erik26

Awesome find, great article! :)
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

capt. scotty

"I'll see them perform nine times out of 10 over the next few weeks," Blankenship says. "We'll be collaborating with them during the live shows for sure. As far as recordings down the road, I'm not sure."

According to Blankenship, My Morning Jacket will dust off its catalog for the Birmingham concert, the first of nine dates booked through May 2. In August, the band will open three shows for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

"What's the Birmingham show going to be like? That's a good question," Blankenship says. "Historically, we've tried everything on the first show of a tour. You'll probably get some new songs and hear some oldies."

:D :D :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Also, from the Rolling Stone that just came in my mailbox today... "the best young rock band in the country" and "It's like playing with birds." :)

Pg. 63, under #11 of RS's 40 Reasons To Be Excited About Music

No. 11 You can score killer concert tickets for under $50

My Morning Jacket: $45

Where you'll sit: Anywhere you want - a steal for the best young rock band in the country.

What you'll get: There's no new record, so MMJ's sets will did deep and mix in Jim James' Monsters of Folk tunes.  And expect some jamming with openers the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. "Playing with them is very natural," says James.  "It's like playing with birds."

capt. scotty

What you'll get: There's no new record, so MMJ's sets will did deep and mix in Jim James' Monsters of Folk tunes.  And expect some jamming with openers the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. "Playing with them is very natural," says James.  "It's like playing with birds."

Do they have inside info here?!  :-?

Id love a Losin Yo Head
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Id love a Losin Yo Head

Well, they quote Jimbo later, so...

Love Dogg

This is soo god!

I mean...
This is so good!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

capt. scotty

Id love a Losin Yo Head

Well, they quote Jimbo later, so...

Cool beans...Id probably only want to hear Losin Yo Head or maybe Say Please, but I guess this could be the only time they really bust out any MOF at an MMJ show, so in that case it wouldnt bother me.

mahg33ta

I'd have to think Losin Your Head too.... that's the only one that makes sense.... I can't see them playing a non JJ-written MOF song, and of his, the rest are a bit sleepy methinks.

Jenny

Love MMJ.  Anyone know their birthdays?  Those are the 5 things I want to know about them.