White Stripes White Blood Cells Turns 10 Years Old

Started by E89, Jul 05, 2011, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MarkW

+1.  John Peel (RIP) was always right; The praise for the White Stripes was lofty: The late, great BBC Radio One DJ John Peel called them "the most exciting band since punk or Jimi Hendrix."
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Eweezy

Cannot believe it has been 10 yrs since I first listened to that album, wow, where does the time go?  Great article, still love The White Stripes.
Yikes!

mjk73

Still is a fantastic album and I cannot believe it's this old already.

Jaimoe

It's not even their best album, but it may be the most important. I agree with Mr. Peel's sentiments.

buaawwww

Gotta say, De Stijl is a far greater album... not to belittle White Blood Cells or anything.  But really Jack White can do no wrong.

littleacorn

wow I remember I had enough dough to buy one album and I was between the strokes is this it and wbc...I'm still listening to the latter today
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

Jaimoe

Quote from: buaawwww on Jul 06, 2011, 03:25 PM
Gotta say, De Stijl is a far greater album... not to belittle White Blood Cells or anything.  But really Jack White can do no wrong.

I agree, but it doesn't have the anthems of a White Blood Cells. De Stijl is their best album beginning to end; all their albums are must-owns though (and all different).

Eweezy

I don't know about everyone else but "Get Behind Me Satan" is my least favorite.  Best song on that album was "The Denial Twist"
Yikes!

DewieCox

Quote from: Eweezy on Jul 07, 2011, 07:52 PM
I don't know about everyone else but "Get Behind Me Satan" is my least favorite.  Best song on that album was "The Denial Twist"

That's my favorite and I think their best, most diverse record.

littleacorn

second that by far my favorite of course it did get released on my bday too so i might be a little bit biased
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

capt. scotty

Quote from: DewieCox on Jul 08, 2011, 09:03 AM
Quote from: Eweezy on Jul 07, 2011, 07:52 PM

That's my favorite and I think their best, most diverse record.

I cant say its their best, but I think GBMS is severely underrated. Its called their experimental album, and because it doesnt have any dirty blues or garage punk I guess were supposed to call it "experimental" for the Stripes. I understand its more piano driven than their other albums, but I love it.

Best album IMO is De Stijl...Most important album? Either WBC or Elephant.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

AlwxanderD10

Get behind me satan= evil urges (both the bands 5th album)
icky thump= circuital
Hope mmj doesnt go on a 4 year break then end it.....