Main Menu

Google +

Started by el_chode, Jul 07, 2011, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

I got invites if anyone wants in. Not sure what it is?

I'm surrounded by assholes

e_wind

i dont know what it is but kafdslkf please
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

el_chode

Ok, according to some people, the invites are going through but they say you have to wait before you can access it. So sorry for the tease if that's the case.

The service is like Facebook for adults. It's a bit more transparent on who can see what you share, you can reveal no more than your name if you choose, and no one is going to spam you with requests for games and that kinda bullshit.

The downside is that you can't control who "follows" you. But the other side of that is you can only share with those who you choose to share with by putting them in "circles" of friends that only you can see.

I like it way more than Facebook for what it's worth. It's just useless without other people.

el_chode

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 07, 2011, 09:53 PM
i dont know what it is but REDACTED please

I got it but you should edit that post so you don't get spammed. Spiders crawl forums like this harvesting email addresses.

It's safer to just put your name [at blah blah dot com]

johnnYYac

I'm gonna start sending Eric homemade spam.  Ooh, the possibilities.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

darkglow

yo guys add me on google+

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

Yeah I think mine didn't work but thanks for tryin

edit: it worked, I'm all hooked up on google plus if more people want invites I think I have some.

Hawkeye

I'll take one if you're offering...PM you my email or?
We could.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 08, 2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah I think mine didn't work but thanks for tryin

edit: it worked, I'm all hooked up on google plus if more people want invites I think I have some.

I'll take one.

dan.carr.21 (at) gmail.com
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

megalicious

Can someone hook me up?

megisnotreal @ gmail. com
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

jones

I'm on.

PM me your emails.

mjk73

Is + even really worth it? Trying to figure out if I want to even invest time/energy into this. Facebook, Twitter, here, other boards. Do I really need another social media place to manage and what am I gonna give up for it.

el_chode

Anyone still in need? everyone I've invited so far has gotten in for sure.

MJK: I plan to abandon facebook. Not delete, but I think this service serves my needs perfectly. Can ignore who I want to, can reveal as little as I want to, and there's no wall for people to post unsolicited crap or stupid game requests. Also, it's less dramatic with teh whole "unfriending" process.

mjk73

Quote from: el_chode on Jul 08, 2011, 06:26 PM
Anyone still in need? everyone I've invited so far has gotten in for sure.

MJK: I plan to abandon facebook. Not delete, but I think this service serves my needs perfectly. Can ignore who I want to, can reveal as little as I want to, and there's no wall for people to post unsolicited crap or stupid game requests. Also, it's less dramatic with teh whole "unfriending" process.
Interesting. I guess I've been lucky and that I haven't had issues with the games or unfriending. I'm pretty selective anyway as to who I allow in. Plus FB is only as open as you want it to be.

e_wind

anybody whos on there, its only so much fun right now, ericwindmill @ gmail dot com lets get dis party started

tdb810

Does anyone know if you have to have a gmail address for this? I got an invite, but it wanted a gmail address. I'm with MJK in the sense that I'm not sure that I want to get involved with yet another time sucker... ;D
.....Back at the Model Home

e_wind

You do have to have a google account, but google accounts are super convienent with docs, email, spread sheet, etc. I think google + will take over Facebook based on the fact that it's google and they run the internet

el_chode

You should know the biggest concern with google is their way of sort of data-mining everything and everyone. The pro of keeping FB and Google separate is that it keeps a wall between them. So just be wary of what you share because it makes it easier to market your personal info. On the flip side, that wealth of knowledge they have is ultimately used to make things easier for you. It's just a matter of you trusting Google's motto of "don't be evil" with what they've got.

Example: My G+ account only has my name and a motto so people know I"m El Chode. Everything else is empty and no one cares.

I do prefer gmail's interface to all others

darkglow

Quote from: el_chode on Jul 09, 2011, 01:49 PM
You should know the biggest concern with google is their way of sort of data-mining everything and everyone. The pro of keeping FB and Google separate is that it keeps a wall between them. So just be wary of what you share because it makes it easier to market your personal info. On the flip side, that wealth of knowledge they have is ultimately used to make things easier for you. It's just a matter of you trusting Google's motto of "don't be evil" with what they've got.

Example: My G+ account only has my name and a motto so people know I"m El Chode. Everything else is empty and no one cares.

I do prefer gmail's interface to all others

i agree..

i always think of things when i post potentially sensitive information on the interwebz.. is it already within arms reach of the average information stealing (gathering) algorithm put in place by the Google Facebook or Microsoft (Bing)

gmail has helped me sort almost 7 years worth of emails.. it's almost like my "internet timeline"

i can even browse back into my days of myspace and interactions on various message boards in years past..

it really just comes down to the question of "what do i have online that could possibly incriminate me" and to most people.. the answer should be "not much" or "nothing special" out of what big brother wants to know about