Anyone meet the band yet on this tour?

Started by Im The Dude, Jul 22, 2011, 12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

Since 2008 it's be easy to meet them after a show depending on where they park their bus. I've gotten to meet them a few times since 2008. Anyone have any luck on this tour yet?

I did read a few post of seeing them before the show but not after.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

johnnYYac

I came across them at Mountain Jam, walking to backstage areas to watch Dawes.  All except Tommy.  Just shook hands, asked them to join us on our blanket in front of the main stage (they said "thanks anyway"), generally let them be. 

Hanging out behind Metropolis in Montreal by the bus after the show, saw Ryan Pickett and met Eric Mayers, but got shooed away.

Lingered around during soundcheck in Ottawa but got stopped wandering in too deep by security.

I think I'm on their stalker list now.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

met Bo and TTT at the palace. Saw the whole band right outside my hotel in Chicago. Had a real convo with Bo at the palace, but other than that it was just hellos
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

CHIMMJFAN

Met the band in the afternoon of the Chicago show as they were arriving for soundcheck. All very cool and just as nice as you have heard on the board.

Since I was at the box office early trying to fix a problem with my tickets, Jim joked with me saying, "hey maybe we'll see you at the show later" lol

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Im The Dude

We got to meet them outside the fillmore in detroit in 2008 and in pittsburgh in 2010...Bo brought out pizza to about 10 of us....woodnymph was there too!!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Chief Mageeetah

Didn't really get to meet and talk to him.  But we saw Jim walking down the sidewalk near the venue in Charlotte early in the day when we went to pick up the tickets.  I gave him a thumbs up and he waved.  Nothing special but it made our day.

e_wind

last weekend at a bar  here in louisville i was peeing in a stall cause the urinal was occupied and the guy left the urinal and then i walked out of the stall when i finished and jim was standing there waiting specifically for the stall and i said "its all you" and he walked in. someones stall shy.

apologies for the run on sentence.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

tdb810

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 05, 2011, 03:38 PM
last weekend at a bar  here in louisville i was peeing in a stall cause the urinal was occupied and the guy left the urinal and then i walked out of the stall when i finished and jim was standing there waiting specifically for the stall and i said "its all you" and he walked in. someones stall shy.

i love potty stories; esp when they involve jj.
.....Back at the Model Home

ericm

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 05, 2011, 03:38 PM

Damn e! Maybe he just had to drop a deuce.   ;)

Think you might've violated man code rule #2b, sec 4, part 6, paragraph 8, line 10!  ;D
"Where's Jim going?"

BigHerm

Quote from: ericm

Damn e! If you would've stayed in and recorded you could've made the American Dad episode become a reality.  ;D

blueslikehail

spotted bo out in the crowd at bonnaroo this year.  i was behind whatever tent dr. john's show on saturday night was in, standing on the road waiting for it to start and he comes walking up that road from the which stage area.  i was too much in shock to say much, so I stuck out my hand and said "you're the fuckin' man!"  He replied "thanks brother!" and shook my hand.  true story.
10 fer 10....every bonnaroo baby

Fully

Quote from: BigHerm on Sep 06, 2011, 11:44 AM
Quote from: ericm

Damn e! If you would've stayed in and recorded you could've made the American Dad episode become a reality.  ;D

Not creepy at all ::)

lil sis

Still waiting for my chance but when I think about it actually happening I have NO idea what I would say.  I would probably freeze up.  And I'm not usually very shy.  ???
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

headhunter

Quote from: lil sis on Sep 08, 2011, 08:00 PM
Still waiting for my chance but when I think about it actually happening I have NO idea what I would say.  I would probably freeze up.  And I'm not usually very shy.  ???

Not shy?  Heck, you are the official enforcer.  "Don't even think about coming near my rail".   ;D
was some shakin' and some record playin'

lil sis

Quote from: headhunter on Sep 08, 2011, 08:25 PM
Quote from: lil sis on Sep 08, 2011, 08:00 PM

Not shy?  Heck, you are the official enforcer.  "Don't even think about coming near my rail".   ;D
Who me?   ;)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

lucylew

Met Jim outside of the venue when we went to pick up tickets for the Vancouver BC show.  I literally got weak in the knees whilst talking to him and giggled like a school girl afterwards much to the chagrin of my husband.   Jim autographed our tickets (JJ#37).   :thumbsup:

All this time I thought Jim was ten feet tall.  I'm 5'8" and we seemed the same height (and perhaps I'm being generous).  I actually kinda liked that he's not a big dude - but he sure is mighty!

Cameron

they did an autograph signing at acl fest so a lot of folks met them there.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Cameron on Sep 19, 2011, 11:35 AM
they did an autograph signing at acl fest so a lot of folks met them there.
How was that?  MMJ didn't appear at any of the autograph tents for Mt. Jam, Ottawa Bluesfest, or Lollapalooza.  Was it assembly line or did folks sneak in pictures and chat the boys up?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Haldon

I met the guys (minus Jim) in NYC at Joe's pub after Carl's show.   I felt like I was being very intrusive as they were all having their own conversations (with other fans, as well as their friends) and I didn't want to bother them

I'm hoping that during this December leg, especially at the small Boca Raton venue, I'll have an opportunity to meet them all again, and Jim for the first time.  Hopefully I'll work up the stones to ask for a picture and maybe and autograph or two.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Haldon on Sep 19, 2011, 02:37 PM
I met the guys (minus Jim) in NYC at Joe's pub after Carl's show.   I felt like I was being very intrusive as they were all having their own conversations (with other fans, as well as their friends) and I didn't want to bother them

I'm hoping that during this December leg, especially at the small Boca Raton venue, I'll have an opportunity to meet them all again, and Jim for the first time.  Hopefully I'll work up the stones to ask for a picture and maybe and autograph or two.

Nah, you should've talked to them. It was all mostly us there anyway. Hell, two of my friends an I even bought them all beers (amstel lights).
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...