Forum Fantasy Football 2011

Started by Ruckus, Aug 04, 2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Anyone have any insight into Chad Henne this year?  He was taken in the 3rd round in another draft I had the other night.   :o

BigHerm

Quote from: Jon T. on Aug 23, 2011, 12:18 PM
Anyone have any insight into Chad Henne this year?  He was taken in the 3rd round in another draft I had the other night.   :o
Hope there were about 40 teams in that league. I wouldn't touch Henne. He'll probably be the starter at the beginning of the season but will likely be benched at some point as well.

capt. scotty

Quote from: corey on Aug 23, 2011, 08:19 AM
Sorry. I've been away for the weekend. Looks like the 31st is probably gonna work best for everybody.   8 PM Central?

10PM EST/9PM Central would be best for me as well as a couple others, but I could certainly do 8PM Central that day.

Im on vacation and almost shit myself when I checked the league site and it said the draft is currently scheduled for 8PM Thursday (as in less than 48hrs from now). That would be terrible for me, and I doubt many others realized its currently scheduled so soon. Corey, I would try ASAP to schedule it on the 31st, because my friend in my other league  ;) said many of the spots on yahoo are taken, so you cant just reschedule the draft for whenever you want. At worst, back it up to some night next week for now at least.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

corey

We're on for the 31st at 9 PM Central as of right now. That's gonna runs us kinda late (for the folks that have to get up early in the morning). I'm ok with that as long as none of you peckerheads take your full minute and a half to make a pick.  ;D

Clarkwork

Quote from: corey on Aug 24, 2011, 08:08 AM
We're on for the 31st at 9 PM Central as of right now. That's gonna runs us kinda late (for the folks that have to get up early in the morning). I'm ok with that as long as none of you peckerheads take your full minute and a half to make a pick.  ;D

I'm good, kind of late for me on the east coast, but it's ok.

I got an email today saying it would be the 25th though, just making sure.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

pawpaw

Yeah, I've got some insight - he sucks. Just like last year.  ;D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

corey

Changed it this morning, Clarkwork. Or yesterday. I can't remember. But it's changed to whatever I listed in my last post.  :)

capt. scotty

Quote from: bbill on Aug 24, 2011, 01:14 PM

Of couse he does. He's from fuckin' Michigan!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

pawpaw

Quote from: capt. scotty on Aug 25, 2011, 02:11 AM

Yeah, just like Tom Brady and Charles Woodson!!! Losers!!!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

Quote from: bbill on Aug 25, 2011, 11:29 AM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Aug 25, 2011, 02:11 AM

Yeah, just like Tom Brady and Charles Woodson!!! Losers!!!

Totes Magotes

Penny Lane

Can you confirm the draft is WED night 10pm EST? (for those of us time zone challenged)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

Would anyone be opposed to adding 2 bench spots to the rosters?

corey

Penny, that's correct.

Scotty. I'd need to look at the roster stuff. I can't get into my Yahoo account right now. I got hacked a couple of days ago and can't login now for some reason. Need to get that fixed before tomorrow night.

It's still letting me check my email from my phone, but I haven't logged out of that in a few days.

EDIT: I got my password changed and got in my account. I changed the bench players to 8. We can to 9 if y'all really want to, but it's already gonna be kinda thin anyway.

Ruckus

I was fine with the bench as it was.  Oh well.  Because we don't use an "all free agents on waivers" type system, additional bench spots rewards nerds like Scotty that sit on their computers by themselves on Sundays jerking off to a Kevin Greene fathead on his ceiling, while immediately picking up backup rbs the second a sarting rb gets hurt ;D

Guess I'll do the same ::)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 30, 2011, 08:29 AM
I was fine with the bench as it was.  Oh well.  Because we don't use an "all free agents on waivers" type system, additional bench spots rewards nerds like Scotty that sit on their computers by themselves on Sundays jerking off to a Kevin Greene fathead on his ceiling, while immediately picking up backup rbs the second a sarting rb gets hurt ;D

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 30, 2011, 08:29 AM

My stance is that you should be rewarded for drafting a good team/bench, pretty much the exact opposite of what you are saying with picking up guys ASAP. The more bench spots, the less likely it is a backup RB, upstart WR, etc is still a FA. Pretty sure yinz all pre-empted me on all the big pickups last year anyway - Hillis, Vick, Brandon Jackson, etc.

....and its not Kevin Greene, its Greg Lloyd  :-*

capt. scotty

Sorry to bring all this shit up the day before the draft, but....

Whats the deal with paying our share? Are we all paying Corey now or what?

Would anyone want to increase it from $20 to $30-$40?

I guess it would depend if we end up increasing it or not, but we gotta figure out what the payouts will be as well.

StaggerLee

If there is a spot open next year let me know.  Thanks
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

corey

We could do the collection thing pretty soon. It'd be better than waiting until the season is over. Someone already volunteered to collect, I think. Seems like it was the same person that collects for the baseball league. Or, I could collect. Either way will work...

The payoff system seemed a little skewed last year. I think the first place got over a hundred bucks and I was supposed to get 40 and it seems like the 3rd place got that much as well, which seemed strange to me, but I didn't set up the numbers.

aMillionDreams

I collected for the baseball league this year and it fell thru.  We could try to pay up early and if it doesn't work just pay back the people who followed thru. That's what I'm doing in the baseball league.

I have a league on yahoo with a few open slots I'm trying to fill.  It's pretty similar to our league but with Team DEF/Special Teams instead of IDPs.  Let me know if you want in.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]