Forum Fantasy Football 2011

Started by Ruckus, Aug 04, 2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

Quote from: bbill on Oct 20, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote from: Hawkeye on Oct 20, 2011, 01:49 PM
Wow, Harrison had a brain tumor...sad, but glad they caught it!  Probably wouldn't have happened in the near future without the trade!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7127181/jerome-harrison-tumor-which-voided-detroit-lions-philadelphia-eagles-trade-source-says

That was so selfish of him to hold up the trade like that.

I know, right?!  Doesn't he know I really could have used Ronnie Brown?!  Get well, Jerome.
We could.

Hawkeye

Brain fart:  I should have picked up Mo Morris, not Heyward-Bay...d'oh!  Good one, JonT.
We could.

Jon T.

Quote from: Hawkeye on Oct 20, 2011, 03:03 PM
Brain fart:  I should have picked up Mo Morris, not Heyward-Bay...d'oh!  Good one, JonT.

I am at FFL overload!!!  I can't keep my damn teams straight.  I can't belive Capn hadn't picked up Mo earlier.  I was so happy to get Mo in one of my other leagues(just to piss off my buddy that has J. Best) that I completly forgot I had Best  in our league.

Side note - Mine and Ruckus' game this weekend needs to be labeled the Scrub Bowl.  I couldn't believe how many byes I had this week.  Then I saw his team... Ouch.   :beer:

capt. scotty

Quote from: Jon T. on Oct 20, 2011, 03:19 PM

I am at FFL overload!!!  I can't keep my damn teams straight.  I can't belive Capn hadn't picked up Mo earlier.  I was so happy to get Mo in one of my other leagues(just to piss off my buddy that has J. Best) that I completly forgot I had Best  in our league.

I made fun of you for picking up Palmer over MoMo because you have Jahvid, I wouldve picked him up if I had anyone worth dropping for him but dont think I do. I think Jackie Battle will be the real deal and Greg Little is going light it up sooner rather than later now that he's starting, maybe even this week, just watch. Im surprised no one else picked MoMo up before you though especially since I blatantly pointed him out 2 days ago. I picked him up in my other league, but Im honestly not sure how many touches he's going to get. Keiland Williams is going to get at least a handful of carries. Ultimately I think this just boosts Stafford and the passing game. Good for me  :thumbsup:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: Hawkeye on Oct 20, 2011, 03:01 PM
Quote from: bbill on Oct 20, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote from: Hawkeye on Oct 20, 2011, 01:49 PM
Wow, Harrison had a brain tumor...sad, but glad they caught it!  Probably wouldn't have happened in the near future without the trade!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7127181/jerome-harrison-tumor-which-voided-detroit-lions-philadelphia-eagles-trade-source-says

That was so selfish of him to hold up the trade like that.

I know, right?!  Doesn't he know I really could have used Ronnie Brown?!  Get well, Jerome.

Bad break for you. Does this mean they give players MRI's on their brains for the physicals? I could see like knee MRI's, I guess I shouldnt be surprised, but damn, thats hardcore. Good luck, Jerome.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Oct 20, 2011, 06:26 AM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
Quote from: aMillionDreams on Oct 18, 2011, 07:32 PM
trade request sent to capt

Obviously I took the trade because I decided to get Jennings while I could in case you soured on it, and its been hard enough for me to work trades out so far, but Im just wondering if you wouldve taken the Jennings/Gresham for DeAngelo/Eli/Hightower deal?

Assuming our trade goes thru, Im guessing you would like to have Pierre. PT for Starks?

I didn't really want Eli but throwing DWill in there had me intrigued.  I would've been fine with giving you Gresham instead of Clark though as I see them having about the same value from here on out.  I was going to sleep on it but I'm fine with you accepting the original deal.

I think that was a much better deal for me, and arguably a better deal for you. I think Decker could be even better with Lloyd gone (his best game was when Lloyd sat out) but Tebow could make him inconsistent and kill his value. I wanted to trade him the least of the 3. And like I said in the PM I think, I bet Torain is hurt within 2-3 weeks, so I think Hightower has more value than people realize right now. Torain is paper mache. I still dont trust Shanahan though, never again.

After taking it, Ive warmed up to Clark actually. Painter has been much better than expected, and if he keeps locking in on Garcon he's going to be open more, plus Clark's best game of the year was last week and he got his most targets as well.

Do you want Pierre so you have the Saints RB trifecta? I'll do Pierre for Starks, but I think thats the only option because I dont like any of your other players that arent clearly more valuable than Pierre.

Jon T.

Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 20, 2011, 04:01 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Oct 20, 2011, 03:19 PM

I made fun of you for picking up Palmer over MoMo because you have Jahvid, I wouldve picked him up if I had anyone worth dropping for him but dont think I do. I think Jackie Battle will be the real deal and Greg Little is going light it up sooner rather than later now that he's starting, maybe even this week, just watch. Im surprised no one else picked MoMo up before you though especially since I blatantly pointed him out 2 days ago. I picked him up in my other league, but Im honestly not sure how many touches he's going to get. Keiland Williams is going to get at least a handful of carries. Ultimately I think this just boosts Stafford and the passing game. Good for me  :thumbsup:

Wait.  You made fun of me?  You need to step up yo game, punk.  jk - that's what I'm saying, I can't keep my shit straight.  But two days ago Brown was going to be a Lion, right?  Yesterday, it got squashed, right?  Shit man, I don't know.

I'm sure some of you read TMR.  I liked his write up on The League today...

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=TMR111020

capt. scotty

Someone in my league dropped Demarco Murray for John Kuhn. Theyve had Murray since like week 2 and drop him now?...WTF?!

capt. scotty

Anyone else notice that 8 teams are 3-4 or 4-3?!  :o

aMillionDreams

I knew I was rolling the dice with that trade, capt, but I didn't realize it would blow up in my face so quickly.  Hightower out for the year.  >:(
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Oct 27, 2011, 05:02 PM
I knew I was rolling the dice with that trade, capt, but I didn't realize it would blow up in my face so quickly.  Hightower out for the year.  >:(

Hightower was looking nice before the injury too, I was kind of regretting it for a minute. Ingram had his best game of the year though, and I think Decker will still be solid, I actually traded for him in my other league.

capt. scotty

Penny - not that you need my advice, but Id bench Hines and Andre Johnson for Gaffney and Crabtree. Johnson definitely isnt playing, and I dont expect Hines too. Even if he's active, I expect it to be the Wallace, Brown, and Sanders show. Wouldnt be a bad idea to pickup Beanie's backup Alfonso Smith in case he doesnt play, or a Donald Brown or Keiland Williams so you at least get pts at RB since Hillis almost definitely isnt going to play either.

...and I also say this because literally over half of Acorn's current starting lineup is on a bye so if you dont get zero's from those  2 WRs and 1-2 RBs you should be good.

Ruckus

Yim's Pickle to keep my season alive.  That is 6 consecutive losses since I jinxed Clarkwork.   :'(
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Clarkwork

Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
Yim's Pickle to keep my season alive.  That is 6 consecutive losses since I jinxed Clarkwork.   :'(

I haven't been doing that great since either, but 6 straight is tough. Still time for any team to go on a win streak though.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Ruckus

A drama filled evening to follow
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Hawkeye

My thoughts exactly.  13.07 points from my RB and TE and I'm most likely in.  Lots of scenarios here!
We could.

aMillionDreams

Good luck everybody!  I pretty much stayed in 9th place all year with the exception of the first few weeks.  By the way, everyone has paid except the commish. 
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

Disappointed Im not going to have a shot at the playoffs since my team is much better now than its 0-4 start after all the trades I made, and 2 of my 3 losses since then were directly from McCoy and Knox's hands down best weeks of the year, not to mention my 2pt loss to Ruckus where Finley decided to score 3 of his 6TDs on the year the 1 week I played him. Oh well, cant dig yourself in a 0-4 hole like that.

I do find it funny that there are only 4 players on my roster that I drafted, 3 of which were my top 3 picks, and I still almost made the playoffs  ;D

Hawkeye

Quote from: capt. scotty on Dec 05, 2011, 04:36 PM
Disappointed Im not going to have a shot at the playoffs since my team is much better now than its 0-4 start after all the trades I made, and 2 of my 3 losses since then were directly from McCoy and Knox's hands down best weeks of the year, not to mention my 2pt loss to Ruckus where Finley decided to score 3 of his 6TDs on the year the 1 week I played him. Oh well, cant dig yourself in a 0-4 hole like that.

I do find it funny that there are only 4 players on my roster that I drafted, 3 of which were my top 3 picks, and I still almost made the playoffs  ;D

Headdy, I honestly thought your team was by far the most improved from the start of the year.  Your team scares me, and I'm glad you're not making it in  :P  I couldn't swing a deal to get a decent running back, but at least Helu is playing now, or I'd be screwed.  Picking up Cruz halfway through the season saved me too, what a surprise he was!  And IF I make the playoffs because of this week's potential win, thank you Percy.  Interested to see what happens to DJax after this awful year.  Oh and apparently Fred Davis is done for 4 games after failing a drug test, so Gates better stay healthy!  What would I ever do without fantasy football... :D
We could.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Hawkeye on Dec 05, 2011, 05:08 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Dec 05, 2011, 04:36 PM

Headdy, I honestly thought your team was by far the most improved from the start of the year.  Your team scares me, and I'm glad you're not making it in  :P  I couldn't swing a deal to get a decent running back, but at least Helu is playing now, or I'd be screwed.  Picking up Cruz halfway through the season saved me too, what a surprise he was!  And IF I make the playoffs because of this week's potential win, thank you Percy.  Interested to see what happens to DJax after this awful year.  Oh and apparently Fred Davis is done for 4 games after failing a drug test, so Gates better stay healthy!  What would I ever do without fantasy football... :D

Yeah, I like my current team so much I benched Mendy and SJax this week because they had bad matchups and couldnt bench Lloyd or Laurent with how hot they have been...Pretty pissed I started off so bad, but its mostly my own fault for drafting a shit team and trading Gronk, which is easily the worst trade/transaction in a vacuum Ive ever done in 15 or so years of FF...Wanting Ingram's handcuff that bad was so dumb even without hindsight. If Clarkwork wins, I should get 10% of his payout for that one  ;D

I like how your team is looking right now Hawkeye. Cruz has been arguably the best WW pickup of the year. I think this was the first week in about 2 months Nicks scored more than him. DJax has always been hit or miss, but its surprising how many "miss" games he's had this year. If Im you, Im starting Cruz/Harvin/Marshall/Antonio over him regardless of matchup the next few weeks, and thats as much because of how good those 4 are playing as DJax has been bad.  If you can get good QB production and Mathews can stay healthy, I think your team is dangerous. Looks like Vick will be back this week, but Philly's playoff schedule has to be 1 of the toughest going: MIA, NYJ, DAL....another bad move by me was dropping JPP in like week 3 and then you picked him up, d'oh!